PIX OR GTFO and Thread Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Lets get a few things straight.

1) Telling somone to GTFO for simply not providing screenshots is not acceptable. Screenshots are not required in the Releases forum (though we do encourage people to post them). If you don't like people not showing screenshots, then simply don't download what they're offering; don't yell at them for not doing what you want them to do.

2) Most of you who are reading this are not moderators. You do not have the power to lock topics, or to decide when a thread is over. We don't allow people to say "Lock" in a topic, so I'm not going to allow "Thread Over" or any other equivalent either.

I've been going pretty easy on people that use these two phrases, but it ends now. "PIX OR GTFO" will be treated as Trolling, and "Thread Over" will be considered Backseat Moderating.

Edit: Repeated words. Fixed.

The PIX OR GTFO things....thanks for making that forbidden. And I'm not being sarcastic. As for the thread over thing, seems you're acting quick, since I only saw it in 1 topic. But hey, that prevents it from ever happening again. It shouldn't get a standard.

Thanks for pointing this out because everyone was starting to do it and it was kind of annoying.

Bigboi said:
"Thread Over" was funny and you know it. *raped*

Yeah it was. lol.

While I agree with the whole ending of "PIX OR GTFO/Thread Over" thing, I think the reason you're glad it's against the rules is because you don't feel like putting screenshots/don't think other people should put screenshots in the topic. You SHOULD be doing this, regardless of how you feel about the sentimentality of the statement PIX OR GTFO. It's not a good way to tell people to link images, but there is some significance there.

Post. The. Images.

There's a sticky topic telling you you should. So what if it's not required? It's still good practice.

Yeah. Whether or not PIX OR GTFO is not allowed, people will still bug incessantly for screenshots. ;) It's smarter to do so, anyways. Who is gonna download anything without knowing what it is? I've seen people start up a topic, say "This is a wad" and give a link. Who the hell is gonna download that?

Yeah, "Thread Over" was stupid. It discouraged posting, though you can still do it anyway.
Also, people really should put up pictures. I encourage it, and it increases the likely-hood of downloading. Probably one reason why wtf.soc never got on my computer. Still, GTFO had a letter in there that is ban material.

Post discouraging is what we NEED. Alot of people post for the sake of posting, wheither on topic or not. Then they complain.

Also, a "PIX OR GTFO" and the topic ends? Seems harsh. It's not entirely the topic creators fault he or she didn't put together pictures. Prehaps he forgot he needed them? Prehaps he forgot to upload them? Forgot to post the links?

What should be done is a post deletion. After about 5 or more post deletes on the same user for the same reason (or after they complain), they get temp banned... then if their little brains don't kick in, you can ban them again.

As for a lack of pictures, a poster can simply say "Could you please provide the forum with a few screenshots?", rather than "PIX OR GTFO"

As far as I'm concerned, if a post contains 5 or less words, it's considered useless.

("How do you jump?" and "I'm not a noob!" are good examples for that rule)

TheDarkArchon said:
I can't be the only one that finds it extremely irritating.
Possibly so, as you can just figure out what they write by simply clicking the Quote button. :| I occasionally use small print, but normally out of preference when I don't think the text fits in parentheses.

As for the new rules, sounds good to me. I agree with ZTaimat on post deletion; in fact, I'd say if something turns into a flame war, the best option would be to mass-delete all the posts that took a part in it. (But I know that's just me, as there are other ways of dealing with it, like locking the whole topic or suspending the users... or both. =P )

FSX said:
[offtopic]Bigboi was banned? :cry: [/ofttopic]
I do feel pity for him, really. I mean, he was one of the smarter members here, trolling or not. >_>

He was banned for pointless posts. he had 2 suspensions previously, and two warnings at the time of his ban.

I don't know

Zim: YOU'RE LYING!

I think it has more to do with for some reason my fingure likes the Shift Key.

Either that or the words seem Spiffy when capped.

Yeah, but it's bad grammar...
On topic:
I hated "PIX OR GTFO" when this caught on. Then the newer users used it in music wad topics(Another way for idiots to prove to us they're idiots :roll:), though it did provide a cheap laugh or two.
Thread over was somewhat annoying because it's practically pointless posting and it's only two words if not followed by or preceded (If that's the right word to use) by something else which isn't much better than a one word post.
I never use either of those so I'm safe.
All in all, I'm glad that you're cracking down on this FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back