How come only one server shows up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I play srb2 I look for server's to play on and usually there's just one server sitting there that is almost always full. So I end up having to wait like 3 hours for a new one to come up. It happens quite frequently but when I go on the Master Server website it says there's like 13 servers up. How come there's only one server showing up?

P.S. Whenever I make my own server no one EVER shows up.

Because a lot of the servers on there are ghosts, they're not really there.

Alex the Chao said:
P.S. Whenever I make my own server no one EVER shows up.
No one joins because you haven't forwarded your ports yet.

Cue said:
Because a lot of the servers on there are ghosts, they're not really there.
Oh, HAR HAR

Alex the Chao said:
When I play srb2 I look for server's to play on and usually there's just one server sitting there that is almost always full. So I end up having to wait like 3 hours for a new one to come up. It happens quite frequently but when I go on the Master Server website it says there's like 13 servers up. How come there's only one server showing up?
The master server only shows servers that you are capable of joining. The other 12 servers either didn't forward they're ports as well or something else... Don't worry though... It can't be your fault...

...Right?

As sarcastic as Cue may seem, he is actually telling the truth. Heartbeat (which allows the MS to tell what servers are still up, in case a server closes without delisting itself) is broken at the moment, as it has been for forever; thus, a lot of the servers on the MS really are ghost servers.

Either you forwarded your ports wrong or its not a coop game with 24 hundred wads loaded.

Try it, everyone'll join, as long as itemrespawn is set to 0, 'course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back