150,000 Wiki Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Main_Page

My Addendum said:
My god...are we seriously at 150k hits? I...I really don't know what to say. That's absolutely incredible. Who would have thought 3 years ago that a concept constructed by two users of a small-scale community would later go on to manifest into a community creation; filled with the hard work and dedication of legions of contributors. This is especially so considering the nature of the internet - I mean, all of the work done to the wiki has been done by volunteers, and I am sure that I don't need to tell you guys that a project of this magnitude requires the input of a TON of volunteers.

In short? You guys ROCK my world. From Digiku, to SonicMaster, to Hotdog003, and to everybody else who has worked diligently on this little project, thanks for making this place really shine. I owe it all to you guys, really. From TNG2W, to STARS, to SRB2WIKI...

Here's to the next 150,000!

-Spazzo

[15:54] Michael: The SRB2 Wiki has breached 150,000 hits.
[15:54] [SRB2MB] Hotdog003: Whoa!
[15:54] Michael: That's right, OUR wiki.
[15:54] [SRB2MB] Hotdog003: How'd that happen?
[15:54] Michael: I have no idea.

Of course, it's 150,000 Wiki Main Page views. In total, we're well over a million.

150k unique, nice.

Other random statistics, for the sake of it. :D

Since July 2008, the wiki has had:
14327358 kilobytes of data transferred
55010 visits
567164 pages (I'm assuming that's page requests on a unique page basis...)
1387873 file requests
2030258 total hits (non-unique)

Yes, this is an awesome accomplishment. Thank you all who helped make it the informational tool it is today.

Now, I will take advantage of this opportunity to tell you all that the Wiki will be getting a much better skin when SRB2ME rolls around. For a basic idea of what it is: click here. Now, anyone who has registered an account and looked at the alternative skins will immediately recognize this as the Modern theme. I intend to be putting this up when SRB2ME rolls around, as well as various improvements to the theme.

*gives the makers of the wiki a handshake* Good work guys, heres hoping you can reach 500,000 hits.

Wow! Not bad at all! But you know what the real brain-teaser part is? The fact that so many people visit the Wikia either to contribute, or just to find out "LOL HoW ReaD XvIi gIvex Jo0 Teh MasT3R EmEraLd eleven!?", there are still many posts about those questions. But we need to trust that if the Wikia continues to receive the attention it's been having, the SRB2 community will be a much better place.

Hey look, more stats!
Code:
SRB2 Wiki statistics

There are 4,006 total pages in the database. This includes "talk" pages, pages about SRB2 Wiki, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others that probably don't qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are 737 pages that are probably legitimate content pages.

1,304 files have been uploaded.

There have been a total of 1,568,949 page views, and 25,529 page edits since SRB2 Wiki was setup. That comes to 6.37 average edits per page, and 61.46 views per edit.

Most viewed pages:

* Main Page (150,674)
    * SRB2JTE (44,853)
    * Character WAD Tutorial (41,180)
    * Console (29,300)
    * Levels (21,012)
    * WAD File (16,928)
    * Sonic Robo Blast 2 (16,268)
    * Multiplayer (16,262)
    * Mystic Realm (15,604)
    * WAD Editors (15,253)

Ah yes... Me sitting in a random wiki page and spending years hitting F5 is finally paying off... yes... *Laughs maniacly*

I remember last year when I read everything in the entire wiki... I wonder if I should do that again though... nah... not till 1.1

=P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back