Fez (XBLA Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbop800

BboP
Fez_cover.png

Official Website

Fez is a puzzle-platforming indie game developed by Polytron, with an art style heavily inspired by Cave Story. You control the character Gomez, and you must collect as many cubes, artifacts, and other items as much as you can. The game allows you to shift from different perspectives in a manner similar to Super Paper Mario. Unlike Super Paper Mario, however, the game has a much stronger focus on the perspective shifting. It is currently available for Xbox Live Arcade at 800 points ($10). From what I've read, other platforms are "being considered".

The game has had a noticeably long development period, as it was announced by Phil Fish in July 2007 (almost FIVE years ago). The game was announced to come in early 2010, only to be pushed way back to 2012.

The game completely lacks enemies, and instead relies on puzzle solving and platforming by switching these perspectives. It's a pretty lengthy game, too. (9-10 hours to complete the game in its fullest according to most reviewers). Fez is more so one of those games that you're supposed to complete at much as you can in order to get the full experience. Otherwise you're going to end up with a game that's "too easy" as some people like to think of it.

From what I've played, I'm having a fun time with Fez's puzzles. Although some were really difficult to figure out to the point where I had to skip them. I personally recommend this game, especially for just 800 Microsoft points (compared to most lengthy XBLA titles, which are usually 1200 points).

Oh, and I have just one more thing to add:

Can we please NOT discuss the whole debate over Phil Fish? I wish for this to be a discussion about the game itself, and not an argument over some indie dev's opinion on video games.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Huh. I thought this thread was about Fez, not about Phil Fish's opinions on video games. (good job on ignoring the large, bolded statement in the first post by the way) As Charybdizs said, it's best to ignore drama like that.

The game looks amazing. I've been extremely interested in Fez ever since I saw early development footage in 2009 or 2010, and from what I've seen it looks, sounds and plays wonderfully.

The only problem with the game is that I haven't played it, and won't be able to because I don't own an Xbox 360. So instead I'll just wait for the confirmed PC version!

Huh. I thought this thread was about Fez, not about Phil Fish's opinions on video games. (good job on ignoring the large, bolded statement in the first post by the way) As Charybdizs said, it's best to ignore drama like that.
I've been hearing quite a few people have been skipping the game just because of the drama.

Their loss.

I know I'm dramatic I just can't help myself.

Well anyway I heard that if the game gets succesful (it did) then it will be released for PS3 and PC so i might try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back