SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013   #181
Dr. Gravity
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
And I really doubt someone who's barely a year old in the forums actually got an image from someone currently working on the netcode.

So yeah, Pics or I call that statement Fake.
Actually, I got the image from a guy who got it from someone else who got it from... I dunno, srb2fun maybe? I can't find the image again, so I'm pretty sure if I describe it, a dev could confirm it.

Spoiler:
The image showed a tails player carrying a knuckles player in the new thz1,
JTE saying "cows" in the chat.
Old 05-08-2013   #182
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Probably from the few revisions where this was a thing. It's not a thing anymore.

hubjim
Old 05-08-2013   #183
A hedgie

Shouldn't it be "pompous?" Aside from that, the idea of Knuckles & Tails sounds really awesome, but shouldn't the duo have their own picture rather than simply Knuckles'?

EDIT: "Probably from the few revisions where this was a thing. It's not a thing anymore."

Oh... whoops. To make this post less pointless, I have a question. Since Lua apparently can't create HUD items, can it completely replace existing ones?
<~A Hedgehog> rofl
<divienshouez> FUQ U

Last edited by A hedgie; 05-08-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-08-2013   #184
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Default Wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post

Probably from the few revisions where this was a thing. It's not a thing anymore.
So does that mean the duo's are going to be officially part of Srb2 2.1?

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 05-08-2013   #185
Shadow Hog
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
So does that mean the duo's are going to be officially part of Srb2 2.1?
What part of "it's not a thing anymore" didn't you get?
Old 05-08-2013   #186
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

Quote:
-snop-
But how does that explain JTE typing 'cows' in the chat?
Old 05-08-2013   #187
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hog View Post
What part of "it's not a thing anymore" didn't you get?
Sorry. Did not see that. My bad.

Spoiler:
Clearly, I controlled your mind to make you open this spoiler box. You cant resist my power!! I shall control your mind. ^_^
Old 05-08-2013   #188
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gravity View Post
Actually, I got the image from a guy who got it from someone else who got it from... I dunno, srb2fun maybe? I can't find the image
Well if you lost it, can't you just ask your friend for another copy or something? That's what I would do honestly... :/ Plus if they were even close from finishing the netcode wouldn't Mystic or someone like that make a statement saying so?

In general, I'm starting to not believe you. I don't know about how the others feel about this but you have raised my hopes for 2.1 releasing and then lowered them just because of this lie which makes me angry. Like I said before, if you really had a picture that you got from a friend who got it from someone else wouldn't the logical thing to do is ask that person if he/she still has a copy before you post something like this? Anyone would do that!

Last edited by Larztard; 05-09-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-09-2013   #189
犬夜叉
Former Dev
Administrator

Spoiler:
Jeez, you guys.
Old 05-09-2013   #190
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
Spoiler:
Jeez, you guys.
So... If the net code is finished, or fixed at least. Are you guys just going to polish all the modifications, or do you still have stuff planned for 2.1?

Spoiler:
Old 05-09-2013   #191
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

either it's fixed, or 2.0.6 is being used for testing.
Old 05-09-2013   #192
Icee
The one and only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
That's 2.1, if you look at the life counter and image closely, you can tell.
Icee, that's me. The one and only...
Old 05-09-2013   #193
Torgo
Developer

Just because there is one screenshot of tails carrying knuckles in some 2.1 build does not mean the current netcode of 2.1 is completely fixed yet. IIRC the problem (or possibly one of the problems) with the netcode is that it frequently c-kicks people at semi random times. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Torgo; 05-09-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2013   #194
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

You guys do realize 2.1 info and spoilers are launched around like rain drops in the IRC everyday, right...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Please stop.

Last edited by Iceman404; 05-09-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2013   #195
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
You guys do realize 2.1 info and spoilers are launched around like rain drops in the IRC everyday, right...?

Please stop.
Not everyone goes on the IRC. I don't. That is the only reason we are here.
To get information. If we didn't get any information here,
Then why would we even be here? Also, why ask us to stop? You are not forced to come here. We are just here to ask questions and get answers. If the moderators see the thread becomes to circular, then they might lock it.
Just like 2.1 tibits. I honestly don't have a problem with a thread becoming circular, but I am not everyone. I can't decide for you. But everybody can't have the same resources. I am not trying to be a jerk,
I am just saying my opinion. I hope you understand. :D

Spoiler:
Old 05-09-2013   #196
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

Not only did I not say this topic was useless (really pointing out that a 2.1 pic of tails carrying knuckles isn't really as much of a big deal as it was cracked up to be earlier in the thread), you took the "Please stop" completely out of context.
Old 05-09-2013   #197
speed2411
*Speed-Roid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman404 View Post
Not only did I not say this topic was useless (really pointing out that a 2.1 pic of tails carrying knuckles isn't really as much of a big deal as it was cracked up to be earlier in the thread), you took the "Please stop" completely out of context.
Then what did you mean? Also, people are begging for any 2.1
News. I agree with you. Tails carrying Knuckles is not THAT interesting, but it shows some sort of improvement.

Spoiler:
Old 05-09-2013   #198
Iceman404
Tyler52 Forever

Not really, when theres been other screenshots of 3 people a test server in modified games. That shows much more improvement considering they couldn't get three working before without the game shifting its pants. And even then, its a still image, and likely still broken.

Edit: actually, the real news was when new grenade ring behaviors were talked about. The fact that they can now hold test games as long as several matches to do this is a huge leap.

Last edited by Iceman404; 05-09-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-10-2013   #199
Aegix
Generally Friendly

Quote:
*knux and tails pic* It's not a thing anymore.
;_; Awwww.....

Also, it's good to hear that the netcode is stable enough for a series of matches, apparently.
Old 05-10-2013   #200
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
Not everyone goes on the IRC. I don't. That is the only reason we are here.
To get information. If we didn't get any information here,
Then why would we even be here? Also, why ask us to stop? You are not forced to come here. We are just here to ask questions and get answers. If the moderators see the thread becomes to circular, then they might lock it.
Just like 2.1 tibits. I honestly don't have a problem with a thread becoming circular, but I am not everyone. I can't decide for you. But everybody can't have the same resources. I am not trying to be a jerk,
I am just saying my opinion. I hope you understand. :D

But the info given on IRC is almost always put on the Version 2.1 page on the wiki. If you want information, that is the place to look.

Speculation is fine, but at this point wild theories about a development process that you guys are completely unaware of is all that's happening. And that "information" is spread a lot further than this topic.

So, unless you have some sort of concrete evidence to back up your claims of what's going on, please, stop spreading or starting wild rumors. It doesn't help anyone.
Closed Thread