Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the thing numbers were hardcoded in SRB2DB, which is why they broke in the 2.0 switch. Go bug Oogaland about it or something.

First of all, I do not know if people answered this already because I do not have the patience to look through 16 pages but the rainbow of emblems I heard that there will be 3 for the charecters, 1 for a time attack, and the rest might just be extra stuff. I really hate the idea of night special stages, because special stages are somthing basicly somthing sonic has had for years. The shield Graphics I think are true. I am still thinking about the ghost feature, however, I think being able to edit a map from in the game is a fake. Do you really think thats possible?

You know, when speed2411 first said that, I disagreed with him completely, thinking that the stages would have the Special Stage skies, therefore rendering the thought of the time of day on Sonic's planet a useless factor.
But, through further thought, I've come to a revelation that the stages do NOT have the Special Stage skies, thus rendering the "time of day" factor completely useful. And, with help from Charybdizs, I have realized that the hoops WOULD in fact be slightly harder to see in the dark night shadows.

I will also contact SSNTails about this, since he is obviously the head developer at this very time and not Mystic. This may sound nitpick-y, but I just want to stress this mistake that SSNTails and not Mystic is going to make. Hope this changes SSNTails' and not Mystic's mind.

As the guy in charge of special stages, no, I will not allow daytime special stages. I like the night stages. I might, might agree to twilight time special stages. But you're going to have to make a pretty convincing argument as to why.

First of all, I do not know if people answered this already because I do not have the patience to look through 16 pages but the rainbow of emblems I heard that there will be 3 for the charecters, 1 for a time attack, and the rest might just be extra stuff.
Wrong. Five will be placed on the map for any character to collect (none are character-specific) and the other three will be for each discipline for the new Record Attack. And before you ask "What is Record Attack?", you should read this.

I really hate the idea of night special stages, because special stages are somthing basicly somthing sonic has had for years.
I don't see the logic here. Yes, Sonic has always had special stages. But how does that invalidate NiGHTS special stages? They're still special stages.

The shield Graphics I think are true. I am still thinking about the ghost feature, however, I think being able to edit a map from in the game is a fake. Do you really think thats possible?
It's fine if you don't want to read 16 pages of discussion, but you should at least read the first post. All updates are real.

I honestly don't know what to think of the special stages at this point. SpiritCrusher, you're right about the Nights stages, still being special stages, but still, I just think that to some people is kinda shocking, just because that the special stages are being drastically changed.

And honestly, this is turning into some kind of democracy that people have to listen to Mystic or SSNTails.

The new guy's right Rocky. We call that Dictatorship.

Oh and by the way it has been stated long ago by Mystic himself (Look it up; I'm not gonna dig up 4-or-so years of Forum dirt) that this place has become a dictatorship.
...Which is weird for a dictatorship to have people going and coming like if they had full control of their own selves, but hey, I'm not complainin'. :V

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to think of the special stages at this point. SpiritCrusher, you're right about the Nights stages, still being special stages, but still, I just think that to some people is kinda shocking, just because that the special stages are being drastically changed.
I get that. But people are shocked about every change; doesn't mean it's not for the better.

And honestly, this is turning into some kind of [I assume you meant dictatorship]that people have to listen to Mystic or SSNTails.
I have no idea what the context is here. In what respect do people to Mystic or SSNTails?

Oops, sorry, I think I meant dictatorship. And since I'm not completely aware of what's going on, I will try to explain this for some people.

First, I'm aware that people can be shocked about the special stages for different reasons, and I know that it can be for the better, but still, don't you think that some people are shocked, for the worst, and that's way I said that people were shocked in the first place.

And another thing I said that about Mystic and SSNTails just because people are giving specific phrases saying that SSNTails is the head developer, not Mystic. Maybe people can't take Mystic's criticism well?

Last edited:
I think, (Think) that I understood what he was saying, since I just answered above you...

Last edited:
but still, don't you think that some people are shocked, for the worst
I hope I pieced your incoherent grammar together correctly, but: Why should they? The current special stages are rather insubstantial and repetitive, whereas the new special stages are wholly original and took quite a long time to design. Barring the unlikely case that they're a complete trainwreck and nobody in the dev team has noticed this, it's safe to say that they will be an improvement.

And another thing I said that about Mystic and SSNTails just because people are giving specific phrases saying that SSNTails is the head developer, not Mystic. Maybe people can't take Mystic's criticism well?
Both Charybdizs and Tyler52 were being sarcastic. Charybdizs poked fun at speed2411 misspelling "nights" as "night", and Tyler52 in turn was poking fun at the fact that Charybdizs said "SSNTails, please do something about this", even though Mystic is actually the head developer. If his request were actually serious, it wouldn't make sense to ask SSNTails because he's retired.

(Geez, this is a topic full of misunderstandings.)

In what respect do you in this sentence?
:S

I couldn't have picked a worse moment.

Sorry, for my bad grammar. I guess people hate the new special stages because they are so used to the old ones.
And, god I can't even detect sarcasm.

It's true,Katmint. Some people just hate the new special stages based on the screenshots.

In my opinion, people should try it first before criticizing.

Wrong. Five will be placed on the map for any character to collect (none are character-specific) and the other three will be for each discipline for the new Record Attack. And before you ask "What is Record Attack?", you should read this.

I don't see the logic here. Yes, Sonic has always had special stages. But how does that invalidate NiGHTS special stages? They're still special stages.

It's fine if you don't want to read 16 pages of discussion, but you should at least read the first post. All updates are real.

Okay. I understand, and I have been reading about record attack for some time, what I still do not understand is the Lua Scripting. Sorry for the emblem thing. I already knew that. But now I have a concern. Why is the main page of srb2 still on this post. It has been like five months already. Also, night stages might be longer then special stages, and in coop, will people be able to work together to make the course go faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back