SRB2 Hub (1.3)

Nothing; he just gets tagged. It's a myth. There's videos of what "supposedly" happens, but they're fake.

Amy was still worse IMAO. Her boost was random and not easy to control, and while she could drive over water, it slowed her down to a crawl. Egg Robo at least could disrupt others with his gun, and he was still faster than Amy if I recall correctly.

The gun doesn't disrupt jack shit. Usually it just launches the target forward. Amy could at least drive on water, which doesn't cripple her in the case of taking shortcuts. Her boost isn't "random", and it being hard to control isn't much of a problem if you know when to use it.

Even if Amy was theoretically as bad as Egg Robo, she would still stand more of a chance in the race, because her competition is the Sonic trio and Eggman. Egg Robo has to race against Super Sonic, Metal Sonic, and Metal Knuckles, all of which are statistically superior to everybody else and can completely bypass water obstacles by jumping repeatedly. Egg Robo's existence as a player option is a joke.

Sonic R is just a bad racing game. You can only truly have fun in the multiplayer because single player is designed to only have five people present, so unless you're playing the first five, you'll end up with the second set of five. That's not how you choose racing opponents.

Not to mention characters shouldn't be blatantly tiered like that. There should at least be a small amount a differences so the player can choose who they want to play as and still win. A perfect example would be a race between Super Sonic and Tails Doll. In a traditional racing game, this would end in the most skilled being the winner, but in Sonic R, Super Sonic would only lose if it was a match between humans and whoever picked Super Sonic didn't even know how/decided not to play the game.

There aren't even any cool items you can pick up to help yourself. The game is too empty to be a decent mascot racer.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman are pretty decently balanced. Amy and Eggman are a bit on the low side but still viable in single player. Tail Doll could also fit well in that circle of racers, and Metal Sonic would just barely be better against them due to his top speed. The other three are flat out broken. Robo doesn't work, Metal Knuckles is all-around OP, Super Sonic is just lol.

I disgress though.

I've found a few bugs in THZ's "mini-hub."

The grass here is on the ceiling.
funky%20grass%20placement.gif
And in this room, the sky is completely visible through the walls. Ignore this if it's intentional...
AAL2_-lyCek0XMyC_wiYfjI4vFwFcH1SlHl0vUTTU3AJKQ
loss%20of%20texture.gif
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Nice WAD!

I remember this as SRB2 Rock in 2.0. I think someone had it in their server. I'm not sure who. I don't really remember.

I've found a few bugs in THZ's "mini-hub."

The grass here is on the ceiling.
funky%20grass%20placement.gif
And in this room, the sky is completely visible through the walls. Ignore this if it's intentional...
AAL2_-lyCek0XMyC_wiYfjI4vFwFcH1SlHl0vUTTU3AJKQ
loss%20of%20texture.gif

Those are not the only glitches in the THZ hub.
9jeqhk.jpg

The area where sonic stands can get characters stuck in the wall! It's not that big of a problem but yeah not something i'd keep in a level hub.
[SIZE="-9999"]obvious ear rape with fumes is obvious[/SIZE]

Updated to version 1.3.
It's been a long time since I updated. It's mostly bugfixes this time.
A big thank you to everyone pointing stuff out. You guys keep this thing running!

Last edited:
The cinema randomly crashes after changing the movie(it happens if you select generations and then sa2 or if you select generations and then sadv3), as soon as you enter the cinema room, you see a part of the movie and after that srb2 crashes.

The cinema randomly crashes after changing the movie(it happens if you select generations and then sa2 or if you select generations and then sadv3), as soon as you enter the cinema room, you see a part of the movie and after that srb2 crashes.

I confirm this. This happened to me while testing my Klonoa character wad a few weeks back, but forgot to say. From what happened to me, it seems the crash only happens when you switch the movies and then enter the theater.

Gaga Hax already knows of this glitch, as it's in the OP...

Note: it may or may not crash if you switch the movies around too much, so be careful. If it's too unstable, I'll replace it with something else.

Thing is, it's not only when switched too many times, it's when switched the first time around. Also this error never happened to me before this was updated.

I haven't changed anything about the cinema (well, except the name) since it was introduced (Ver. 1.0), so I doubt it has anything to do with the last update.

I have reached the conclusion that this varies from system to system and as far as I know there's no way around it. So it's either it crashes periodically or remove the feature altogether.

If anyone knows what's going on here, I'd appreciate if they explained it to me, as I don't really know exactly why it happens. I can only tell that before there was a wall between the entrance to the theatre and the screen itself SRB2 crashed if any movie was playing whatsoever (unless you walked up close to it while not facing it, as in walking backwards, and only then looked at it), so I assume it probably has something to do with overloading the engine or something.

Again, any input will be helpful. Thanks to everyone for their support of this map, I honestly didn't expect it would come this far.

I haven't changed anything about the cinema (well, except the name) since it was introduced (Ver. 1.0), so I doubt it has anything to do with the last update.

I have reached the conclusion that this varies from system to system and as far as I know there's no way around it. So it's either it crashes periodically or remove the feature altogether.

If anyone knows what's going on here, I'd appreciate if they explained it to me, as I don't really know exactly why it happens. I can only tell that before there was a wall between the entrance to the theatre and the screen itself SRB2 crashed if any movie was playing whatsoever (unless you walked up close to it while not facing it, as in walking backwards, and only then looked at it), so I assume it probably has something to do with overloading the engine or something.

Again, any input will be helpful. Thanks to everyone for their support of this map, I honestly didn't expect it would come this far.
In the current version(Did it get any updates ?) it crashes as soon as you see the first frame of the movie, but only after changing it a few times, so it's the same bug.

A good level, and I even found some secret 2.0 levels here! But, what about the Final Demo's Castle Eggman levels? And about the old third act, the boss - I don't think - is in 2.1's data. If it is not, try using good old lua! If you can, you could make the boss the same as Final Demo! That would be cool to put EVERY version of the levels! (But don't add all Match/CTF levels! I think Zim's Base Zone is REALLY weird!)

A good level, and I even found some secret 2.0 levels here! But, what about the Final Demo's Castle Eggman levels? And about the old third act, the boss - I don't think - is in 2.1's data. If it is not, try using good old lua! If you can, you could make the boss the same as Final Demo! That would be cool to put EVERY version of the levels! (But don't add all Match/CTF levels! I think Zim's Base Zone is REALLY weird!)
I was always thinking that Zim's Base is best match level so bring it back!

How does one find/unlock the secret levels in this map? I wasn't aware of their inclusion.

How does one find/unlock the secret levels in this map? I wasn't aware of their inclusion.

Two options:

1) Roam back a good couple of pages and see some good ol' gifs.

2)
You can go to the old Mario Koopa Blast levels by searching a hidden hole back the switch leading you to the new one.

You can go to the old Castle Eggman Zone 2 by entering the castle at the CEZ Hub and searching for a hole just entering the castle, going right, and spindashing inside it.

You can go to the old Egg Rock Zone 3 by entering the ERZ Hub and just before the path going to Egg Rock Core (Actual final battle against Brak Eggman), on the place of the conveyor belts, just before the split, drop down onto a ring formation going down. Instead of a death pit, there is a hole leading you to a button, with it leading you to the old ERZ3.

Finally, you can reveal an easter egg by going to the cafeteria on the hangout section of the SRB2Hub and spindashing inside a hole covered by a texture different to the others.

You're welcome.

Srb2 hub is a now a sever favorite. I've seen many people with mod on their servers and when I entered I just saw everything I could imagine. Thank you for this hub its very neat with perfect textures and mini level pieces from levels. I can't wait until 1.4 comes out.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back