My Crawla Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniczeHedgefox

Make room for Dr. Sonic!
Yes, I saw Crawla Honcho, but that is difffrent.

This is just a wad I got in mind from the gargyol (I can't spell.) wad, here is a image of what I have made of it.

289fpty.png

What is it you need help with exactly? This is the editing help section. Then again, that crawla might be yelling for help ever since you opened it in a photo-editing program :P.

What is it you need help with exactly? This is the editing help section. Then again, that crawla might be yelling for help ever since you opened it in a photo-editing program :P.

Well, I need help with the jumping sprites, as shown in the picture.

It looks kinda like the white shine on the top right of the crawla that you see in front of you is see-through on the character itself. Also, you should slightly change his colors in SLADE using color remap to make his colors look identical to the other crawlas when the color you are using is steel blue.

It looks kinda like the white shine on the top right of the crawla that you see in front of you is see-through on the character itself. Also, you should slightly change his colors in SLADE using color remap to make his colors look identical to the other crawlas when the color you are using is steel blue.

I guess I'll change it to red, because I used the Red Crawla as a base, and the sprite missing part of his shine is an accdent, SLADE took away it when I did the Color turns into Transparent.

I guess I'll change it to red, because I used the Red Crawla as a base, and the sprite missing part of his shine is an accdent, SLADE took away it when I did the Color turns into Transparent.

Red and Blue crawla uses exactly the same sprites.
Also I see you miss saved you image because all the shading went off.
If you're using paint, better save the image as 24 bits bmp or it will look weird otherwise.
EDIT: Also I sugget you taking a non-existing color for the transparent: Green is a good example here.

Guys, stop saying I've opened it in a editing program, I haven't opened the picture up at all.

We aren't talking about the picture, we are talking about the sprite. When making the sprite, you have opened it in an editing program. I know this as a fact, otherwise the sprite wouldn't exist, making this thread not existent.

Si, si mon ami, something changed here.
As you probably not see, all the shading went off, just compare your sprite to the crawla that is JUST next to you in the screenshot you provided in the first post.

What I suggest as I said, is re-do the sprite and save the sprite as 24 bits bmp, it won't affect the sprite's quality and all the shading will be kept.

Now if you used SLADE, I suggest you to change the transparency color, as you see in your sprite, transparency applied on the top of your crawla, it is supposed to be a white shading tough. Change it to something like Green since there is not green in a crawla.

Si, si mon ami, something changed here.
As you probably not see, all the shading went off, just compare your sprite to the crawla that is JUST next to you in the screenshot you provided in the first post.

What I suggest as I said, is re-do the sprite and save the sprite as 24 bits bmp, it won't affect the sprite's quality and all the shading will be kept.

Now if you used SLADE, I suggest you to change the transparency color, as you see in your sprite, transparency applied on the top of your crawla, it is supposed to be a white shading tough. Change it to something like Green since there is not green in a crawla.

Paint is my MAIN sprite maker, and I will never know what the hay a 24 bits bmp is.

I'm honestly surprised that you don't know what a 24 bit bitmap is, considering that to my knowledge, its the default setting of Paint (at least on XP, I forget what 7's default is...). If your images aren't saving in that format automatically, click "Save as" and under type, select the desired format. Like this:

24colorbitmap.png

EDIT: Oh, while we're on topic of image editors, I actually prefer Paint as well. Whenever I don't need transparency or effects, and I'm not working with limited palettes, I open up the XP version of MSPaint that I copied from my old computer (Windows 7 Paint kinda sucks IMHO). I recommend using Gimp just to remove the background (makes importing easier), but you can just as easily fill it in with a non-needed color, like everyone else here has said. I usually use either a shade of grey, brown, or magenta, depending on the graphic, but other people have different preferences, so its best to pick based on colors you don't usually use.

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised that you don't know what a 24 bit bitmap is, considering that to my knowledge, its the default setting of Paint (at least on XP, I forget what 7's default is...). If your images aren't saving in that format automatically, click "Save as" and under type, select the desired format. Like this:

Win 7's default is BitMap 256 colors, that explains why the color gets odd.

I don't know, this is really frustrating because I often forget to save my image as the right colors, which destroy all my work, then you just have to entierely redo the shading and blah blah blah.

Best thing is too edit them as PNG to be sure to not lose them, copy and best them on a bmp and save it as 24 bits bmp.

You shouldn't give up on your project just because you had one issue with saving an image. You should be able to fix it by reexporting the crawla sprites and saving them properly. At least you didn't lose the shading on a completely new sprite (I've had that happen to me before, and it sucks...)!

You shouldn't give up on your project just because you had one issue with saving an image. You should be able to fix it by reexporting the crawla sprites and saving them properly. At least you didn't lose the shading on a completely new sprite (I've had that happen to me before, and it sucks...)!

Sorry DarkBones, I gave up on this project, I don't know what I'll make now, I was thinking of a Manic.wad but then that would be a Sonic edit.

I had a sheet of the official Crawla sprites. I'd provide them, but I can't find them, but I still have the classic 1.0 (?) Crawla sprites and will be using these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back