The Rickroll... has died. RIP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rickrolling was killed way, way before this.

EDIT: Oh, for fuck's sake. That isn't even the original video. The original Rickroll video was just the video for the song; the video's title wasn't "Rickroll" or anything like that. Some dude on /v/ posted it on the day the first trailer for GTA IV came out. That should give you a good idea of how old it is.

Last edited:
Anyone who ever thought this was funny in the first place has something wrong with them, anyway.

Who cares? Everyone knows for a fact that rick rolling is just annoying as hell. What exactly makes it so funny besides the fact that it pisses people off?

RickRolling has been dead since early 2008 or so. It's one of many great memes originating from /b/, destroyed by excessive use by common lunatics. The same fate happened to Caturday, some boy took it, registered it as a trademark, and launched a pathetic website, and poured in pure, unadulterated stupidity.

The rickroll has died?

slow.gif

RickRolling has been dead since early 2008 or so. It's one of many great memes originating from /b/, destroyed by excessive use by common lunatics. The same fate happened to Caturday, some boy took it, registered it as a trademark, and launched a pathetic website, and poured in pure, unadulterated stupidity.

Did you not read my post? It came from /v/, not /b/.

When I first saw this topic, I thought that Rick Astley died.
As did I.

I also, have to agree with BigBoi on this case.
The whole rickrolling joke has grown so old, that it isn't satisfying to trick anybody with it anymore.

Yeah, nobody likes the game any more either, purely because those that use it are not educated in the ways of it.

It's those folk that ruin shit. :(

All memes are terrible things, and the sooner they all die, the sooner the internet will be funny again. :( Seriously, can somebody explain to me very slowly how this kind of stuff is supposed to be funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back