SRB2 History Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on YouTube actually linked the 1.1 Match Beta. WTF was up with the ending anyways? Plus,There were less maps there than in 1.09.4. On Level Select,Every stage SRB2 is supposed to have showed up. But none of the maps actually existed. I opened srb2.wad in XWE and I found the SRB1 Graphics in there. Plus,Some ERZ Textures,Hidden Palace Zone Textures,(From the SRB1 Remake),Dark City Zone Textures,Tons of Unused sounds(Like the ERZ Elevator Sound,and the Sound of the door opening on the right path on ERZ2.) and a ton more things that would be too much to list.

I've downloaded the SRB2 1.1 beta from the link on YouTube and it is the #srb2fun 1.1 Match Beta version 1.10.2.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

There were tons of "1.1 beta" EXEs. Heck, we had them back in 1.04, which turned out to actually just end up being a beta for 1.08.

I think the most well-known one was the 10th anniversary beta, which was made to test out the v2.0 weapons system. File adding was disabled in it, as it was meant only to test the new weapons system.

Yes, but using Cheat Engine, you can replace srb2.srb, music.dta, etc. with custom files and change the MD5s. I'm experimenting with a 1.10.2/2.04 hybrid.

The match beta had this:

Stuff
4. Every zone planned for the final version but they are defunct(crashing)
5. Joining a server was requiring the SRB2 Net Launcher 2.5 for teh -connect parameter
6. OpenGL was supported.

I think thats all.

I have a branch of every version except 2k3 and 1.1

By branch I mean 1.09.XX - 1.09.4a 2.00.XX-2.00.4 1.08 - 1.08 1.0.x -1.0.1-1.0.4

Super Tails and Super Knux were in the match beta. I never tried it but looks like Eblo did. Saves me the trouble of lookin for the emmys at least. But really,that much time had gone by between 1.09.4 and the 1.1 match beta and it was still so incomplete? The 2.0 match still wasn't complete then. Dual Fortress( or whatever it was) was removed and the new CTF and match stages still weren't made. The old jump on a base to choose a team thing was STILL in the 1.1 match beta.

The 2.0 match still wasn't complete then. Dual Fortress( or whatever it was) was removed and the new CTF and match stages still weren't made..

Dual Fortress was a test to see if I'd work with the new system. It still sucked. The others were the same way. they either sucked before, or suck wit the new system. Try a match in the poorly named Bestof109.wad, and you'll see.

...I still miss iron turret and metal star though ;-;

And there ARE new stages.

Yeah, the selection of multiplayer maps is rather limited in v2.0 due to the changes to the weapons system. Hopefully after the OLDC gets under way, we'll be seeing new maps designed with this system in mind, and we can all get a better idea of what goes into a good v2.0 map.

Dual Fortress was a test to see if I'd work with the new system. It still sucked. The others were the same way. they either sucked before, or suck wit the new system. Try a match in the poorly named Bestof109.wad, and you'll see.

...I still miss iron turret and metal star though ;-;

And there ARE new stages.
It's actually called Bestof1094.wad. I also still don't get why so many maps from 1.09 were removed in 2.0. Also,1.1 had no new stages. There were only 2 CTF and 4 match stages. So yeah kinda boring. With no CEZ you can't even get all emmys in the first place.

The 10th Anniversary Beta (1.1, as you guys have been calling it) was not intended for actual playing purposes. It was meant solely to test out the new weapons system. That's why so much content was removed from it. 1.09.4 was meant to continue being the main version until we were ready to make another big release.

The 1.1 #srb2fun beta was created to semi-publicly test the new match system. We wanted to make sure there weren't any dramatic issues with the system before we spent ages refining it, and making a small semi-public beta was the best way to do that.

From my perceptive, the semipublic thing went totally public. Sort of a "semi-leak".

But it wasn't really a leak, glaber. We released the file to #srb2fun. It was quite trivial for anyone to get the file by joining the channel, clicking the link, and then leaving.

A leak is when information or files that we don't want to be accessible are. We wouldn't have put it in the topic of #srb2fun if we didn't want people to mess with it. It was "semi-public". We didn't put it on our web site or the forums, but it was clearly available for people to download from us for a while.

If you want a proper name for it, the 1.1 semi-public beta was called the 10th Anniversary Test. Call it that and stop making stupid crap up.

But it wasn't really a leak, glaber. We released the file to #srb2fun. It was quite trivial for anyone to get the file by joining the channel, clicking the link, and then leaving.

A leak is when information or files that we don't want to be accessible are. We wouldn't have put it in the topic of #srb2fun if we didn't want people to mess with it. It was "semi-public". We didn't put it on our web site or the forums, but it was clearly available for people to download from us for a while.

If you want a proper name for it, the 1.1 semi-public beta was called the 10th Anniversary Test. Call it that and stop making stupid crap up.

Look at the bold Mystic. None of the staff put the IRC's link here, but someone else did and this is how I got my copy. This was before I really started useing the IRC. And why I even call it leaked in the first place.

I'll just go try to dig up some topics if I can.

Edit: I can't thanks to robots.txt blocking the internet way back machine.

However I rember that back then on the fourms mods and admins were trying to contain the link to the #SRB2fun beta to #SRB2fun and would lock topics containing the links to this version. They would also delete the links too. I believe that this was because of forum members and n00bs believing that this was the new version that would replace 1.09.4 when it wasn't.

If My memory is falty please quote me any of the topics from that time period.

You did say "Semi-Public" right?

.......I think I just realized why I keep calling it what it's not.

Last edited:
Well it's not like we were really trying to prevent a leak. We knew some people would come in and grab the EXE, but there wasn't a whole lot you could do with it anyways. We just didn't want it to replace 1.09.4 as the main SRB2 version that everyone was playing.

Actually, the whole semi-public for #fun-only thing was just an excuse when people started asking for the source code.

hmm, well, on topic, i have,fully working:

srb1
srb2 TGF
srb1 xmas
srb2 ween
srb2 xmas v0.96
demo 1
demo 2
demo 3
demo 4
demo 4.1
demo 4.35
finaldemo 1.04
finaldemo 1.08
finaldemo 1.09.2
finaldemo 1.09.4a (somehow, even though i didnt use the updater, finaldemo 1.09.4 updated D=)
srb2 1.1 (the 2.0 beta)
srb2 2.0.1
srb2 2.0.4

thats all, whew, if anybody wants one of those, you can ask, i understand most of them are obtainable elsewhere, but in case you cant seem to find them, ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back