SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Outdated Official Level Design Contest (2.0.X)

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011   #121
Yoshi
Randomly found avatar
 
Yoshi's Avatar
Default

Scizor300 http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702563&postcount=8
Blade http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702565&postcount=9
Ezer.Arch http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702572&postcount=10
KO.T.E http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702575&postcount=13
(X) Simsmagic http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702576&postcount=14
Katmint http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702580&postcount=17
Fawfulfan http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702583&postcount=18
Bbop800 http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702592&postcount=22
Mystic http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702594&postcount=24
Thompson http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702605&postcount=27
(X) Miles Knuckle Power http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702633&postcount=39
*Steel* http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702640&postcount=42
Katmint (SP) http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702646&postcount=45
BlazeFan1 http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702650&postcount=46
Chrome http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702691&postcount=53
Internet Explorer http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702724&postcount=57
Internet Explorer (Colossal Castle/Race/Match) http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702870&postcount=77
Metal-Rawr http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702731&postcount=60
Rei http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702845&postcount=73
BlueZero4 http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702855&postcount=75
Ultimate http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702930&postcount=88
SpiritCrusher http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702968&postcount=90
Spherallic http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=702970&postcount=91
SRB2PlayerFan http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=703062&postcount=95
Mr. Mystery http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=703306&postcount=97
Whackjood http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=703426&postcount=104
Charybdizs http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=703435&postcount=105
Brown the dog http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=703494&postcount=114

Are my votes nulified or why am I not here?
__________________
I'm so insane I read all 558 chapters of Inuyasha in 3 days.

Last edited by Yoshi; 03-15-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Yoshi is offline  
Old 03-15-2011   #122
Mr. Mystery
 
Mr. Mystery's Avatar
Default

They're in there, I forgot to link to it.
__________________
Quote:
[16:44] <Mystic> actually, Deep Sea is filled with the tears of kids banned from the forums
Mr. Mystery is offline  
Old 03-15-2011   #123
Thompson
Endokukennnn
 
Thompson's Avatar
Default

Even though the contest is over, I still really want to read SpiritCrusher's strong detailed review about my zone. :(
Thompson is offline  
Old 03-15-2011   #124
Konata123
Permanently Banned
Default

Good luck. :/
Konata123 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011   #125
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
Even though the contest is over, I still really want to read SpiritCrusher's strong detailed review about my zone. :(
Hopefully, you'll get it eventually. Maybe this weekend.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 03-17-2011   #126
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready
 
glaber's Avatar
Default

I know I'm late, but I just played Splash Garden act 1.

I have to say this is a very well designed level. the only problems I had were with the horizontal springs as you could get stuck in them. The thing that surprised me was something near the start of the level. A working Pesudo-slope, Curve style. I guess it just goes to show what's possible in a better more refined way.

No rating : too late to rate.
__________________
SRB2TP (The Past) 1.08 Now Avaiable
Why wouldn't you glide and climb as Super Knuckles?
glaber is offline  
Old 03-17-2011   #127
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
I guess it just goes to show what's possible in a better more refined way.
Well, what is possible? What does that slope do? It does almost look like a real slope and it even pushes you down, but that's where the similarity ends. The speed with which it pushes you down is fixed, for example. This "pseudo-slope" doesn't work like a slope, it's a staircase with a conveyor. And that's a pretty boring gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
No rating : too late to rate.
You can still rate. It just won't count.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 03-17-2011   #128
Fred
Retired
 
Fred's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Well, what is possible? What does that slope do? It does almost look like a real slope and it even pushes you down, but that's where the similarity ends. The speed with which it pushes you down is fixed, for example. This "pseudo-slope" doesn't work like a slope, it's a staircase with a conveyor. And that's a pretty boring gimmick.
I was actually going to post about how it mimicked Palmtree Panic perfectly down to even starting off with a gimmicky slope that had no purpose whatsoever, but then I noticed he used my sideways spring sprites without permission and kinda lost the urge to do it
Fred is offline  
Old 03-17-2011   #129
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
but then I noticed he used my sideways spring sprites without permission and kinda lost the urge to do it
Actually, Prime 2.0 told me he made them, and it wouldn't be surprising if you two made the same sideway spring with the same code without knowledge of each other. It's not like there are tons of ways of making a sideways spring in SRB2.

Unless of course your post was tongue.in-cheek and I didn't get it. In that case, I apologize and you may make fun of me as much as you like.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 03-17-2011   #130
Fred
Retired
 
Fred's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Actually, Prime 2.0 told me he made them, and it wouldn't be surprising if you two made the same sideway spring with the same code without knowledge of each other. It's not like there are tons of ways of making a sideways spring in SRB2.

Unless of course your post was tongue.in-cheek and I didn't get it. In that case, I apologize and you may make fun of me as much as you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
sprites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
code
It appears we have a communication issue.
Fred is offline  
Old 03-17-2011   #131
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
It appears we have a communication issue.
No, it's just that I'm apparently too stupid to read :x
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 03-18-2011   #132
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator
 
Prime 2.0's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
I was actually going to post about how it mimicked Palmtree Panic perfectly down to even starting off with a gimmicky slope that had no purpose whatsoever, but then I noticed he used my sideways spring sprites without permission and kinda lost the urge to do it
Hm? I know they were initially released on an "ask permission" basis, but I could have sworn that you later released those for anyone to use after having gone so long without using them yourself. Maybe I'm thinking of something else here.
__________________
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011   #133
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

By the way, where are the official results?
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 03-18-2011   #134
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan
 
Sergeant Brown's Avatar
Default

I think Mr. Mystery already did a good job at showing us the results.

But ya never know, maybe they're just laz-- I-I mean too busy to post the confirmed results.
Sergeant Brown is offline  
Old 03-18-2011   #135
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
I think Mr. Mystery already did a good job at showing us the results.
Yeah, and they're correct too. But I still want somebody to step in and say "yeah, they're correct, they're now official".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
But ya never know, maybe they're just laz-- I-I mean too busy to post the confirmed results.
Oh, they're most definitely too lazy. I mean, both Mystic and Prime 2.0 already posted in this thread after Mr. Mystery gave his results.
MascaraSnake is offline  
Old 03-29-2011   #136
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default

I hate to be that guy, but where is my gold usertitle? Where is everyone's gold usertitle? And while we're at it, I don't think the official results of the last contest got posted at all...they had to be compiled unofficially by others.
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!
Fawfulfan is offline  
Old 03-29-2011   #137
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer
 
Ezer.Arch's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Oh, they're most definitely too lazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan View Post
they had to be compiled unofficially by others.
They do take things seriously, as should we.
__________________
Ezer'Arch
ArchPack v2.1 level pack | EzerArch.com | YouTube | ERZ2 FTW!
Ezer.Arch is offline  
Old 03-29-2011   #138
Steelie
feeling rather Iffy lately
 
Steelie's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Yeah, and they're correct too. But I still want somebody to step in and say "yeah, they're correct, they're now official".


Oh, they're most definitely too lazy. I mean, both Mystic and Prime 2.0 already posted in this thread after Mr. Mystery gave his results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan View Post
I hate to be that guy, but where is my gold usertitle? Where is everyone's gold usertitle? And while we're at it, I don't think the official results of the last contest got posted at all...they had to be compiled unofficially by others.
Erm... As they said, WE WANT THE RESULTS. >:/ Guys now I can definitely say: You're lazy! I mean, both of you (Mystic, Prime 2.0) posted here. And even that MrMystery did the work of giving results. The community wants to see OFFICIAL results. Not only me, Fawfulfan, EzerArch etc. But the rest of community too. And the question is: How hard is to write a few numbers? I did write in notebook ALL of the results of ALL 2.0 OLDCs. It took me 1 minute to write at least 20 results.

Then Please (with capital P), write here the results to make at least the community happy. And I'm even happy that I did write it. *huff*

PS: This isn't flaming.
__________________
<Majro> or maybe they simply walk at sucking

Last edited by Steelie; 03-29-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Steelie is offline  
Old 03-29-2011   #139
Zap610
 
Zap610's Avatar
Default

Wait, what? They still didn't do the results yet? It's like a month late. Honestly if you guys can't run this then please get someone who can. This is probably why there's a lack of quality in these contests; because it's pretty hard to take this seriously.

Last edited by Zap610; 03-29-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Zap610 is offline  
Old 03-29-2011   #140
Charybdizs
it's lamp for supper, kids
Judge
 
Charybdizs's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Steel* View Post
at I did write it. *huff*

PS: This isn't flamming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary
Flamming: The art of acting or being a homosexual.
O_O

Well I sure hope it's not!
__________________
A dome structure? something that could be filled with diatomaceous earth?
Charybdizs is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January/February 2010 Voting FuriousFox Outdated Official Level Design Contest (2.0.X) 136 03-10-2010 08:24 PM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: January/February 2009 FuriousFox Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 85 03-11-2009 11:15 AM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: January/February 2008 FuriousFox Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 103 04-08-2008 06:30 PM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: January-February 2007 Mystic Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 78 03-20-2007 07:28 PM
Official Level Design Contest Voting: January/February Mystic Outdated Official Level Design Contest (0.X & 1.X) 40 03-11-2006 11:35 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.