SRB2MFE: Mostly-Fixed Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We Shall. I love this mod I think I mght get a good net game in with this.

Off topic: 1.09.4a charcters may not work with 2.00.0 but m screen shots proove 1.08 shure does :D

Not sure if this is a bug, but every time I join a MFE serv, I have to wait till the next map change to join. I looked very closely at the 6 pages and the release to see if this has been already reported/mentioned.

This is a weird bug, and I think it's related to your "ERZ3 scales instantly" fix. If you pick any normal level from the level select, then pick ERZ3, your action speed won't be scaled down, meaning that when you thok you basically just fly out of the arena. If you're already in ERZ3 and pick ERZ3 from the level select again, it goes back to normal.

Not sure if this is a bug, but every time I join a MFE serv, I have to wait till the next map change to join. I looked very closely at the 6 pages and the release to see if this has been already reported/mentioned.
Yeah, I got that alot too. I was playing with my bro earlier, and I had to keep asking him to restart the level so that I can play. Otherwise, I highly recommend this for everyone playing SRB2.

One question, does this have (mostly) everything Srb2JTE had. Also, If ya don't keep SA City, the very least you could do is make something better :D

One question, does this have (mostly) everything Srb2JTE had.
You could try to read the description given by JTE or even look at the post I made before you, and you would know. Just because this is made by the same person, that doesn't mean it's got anything to do with each other.

Even if this isn't SRB2JTE, I still think you should add bots. (Siding with eggmanfan) For one, they can help when people are bored and there are no servers online. All they'd have to do is start up a race or match or even CTF game, and they could add bots to play too. Bots would also be conveinent against Brak Eggman. (I haven't beat him yet. On an occasion I almost have, but fater he destroys the middle platform, I'm basically doomed.)

srb2randomnumbers, that's not what this mod is about. This is about fixing bugs in the game, not adding insane features.

*facepalm* Whatever... I'll just end up pestering you guys for bot support until it happens.

EDIT: And I would like it if, instead of using srb2randomnumbers, at the least call me SML. I would like it if I could change my name to it, but I can't. >.>

*facepalm* Whatever... I'll just end up pestering you guys for bot support until it happens
Then you're going to be pestering us until we get tired of you and ban you, because we're not going to be adding bot support; it's an absurdly hard challenge to make working, non-idiotic bots in SRB2.

I do believe I know someone who might be able to help with that, but I can't remember at the moment, and there's always the chance that he doesn't actually know C++ but C# instead. >_>

EDIT: Besides, you can always implement the JTE bots and improve on them enough to AT LEAST be smart enough to play match and CTF games non-noobishly.

Last edited:
That is where you are massively, massively wrong. The bots in JTE do not actually recognize the terrain of the stage, and simply use straight lines to navigate the stage. The bots in JTE would be unable to do something as basic as navigating the level layout in even the simplest of match stages, like Sapphire Falls. JTE's match bots sorta work in 1.X because the levels are simpler, but in 2.X we've made match exceptionally more complicated with some incredibly complex level architecture, and a simple bot with no knowledge of the level layout simply cannot navigate such a thing.

Improving the bots to be able to play match even at a basic level would require completely rewriting them so they're actually navigating the level. This is MUCH harder than you seem to think it is.

I'll download it. But one sighting of Super virus Blast and I'm Deleting it off my computer faster than Shadic can Fly. That's the only Super virus that is annoy. P.S. I dispise That kind of suprises on games.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

... THE SUPER VIRUS ISN'T SCARY. I'm just gonna stop here. >_>
You're right .... But here's the reason people say it is.The Red tinted JTE and the dark voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back