SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

Old 10-04-2008   #2721
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

I know, but I fixed the arms so they aren't that near his back as they were before.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Old 10-09-2008   #2722
srb21103
Me!

Default anyone

Anyone know these bugs in SRB2 Riders 146:?

Christmas Hunt doesn't work cause there is no emeralds to hunt for.
Sonic Adventure Example is stuffed because there is no light dash, only zoom tubes like on the 1st Sonic R level that fake it.
And if you hit a spring and land on the exact place you would be balancing on, it still has the animations for when you hit the spring. eg. sonic spinning around with his tongue out.
Old 10-09-2008   #2723
A-star
now Known as Player 1.1
Default Re: anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb21103
Anyone know these bugs in SRB2 Riders 146:?

Christmas Hunt doesn't work cause there is no emeralds to hunt for.
Sonic Adventure Example is stuffed because there is no light dash, only zoom tubes like on the 1st Sonic R level that fake it.
And if you hit a spring and land on the exact place you would be balancing on, it still has the animations for when you hit the spring. eg. sonic spinning around with his tongue out.
1st 2 not glitches.

second one, hm....
Old 10-10-2008   #2724
Rick The Fox
Permanently Banned
Default Re: anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb21103
Spinning with his tongue out?
Old 10-11-2008   #2725
Chaos Zero 64

His mouth is open, and you can see his tongue inside. He must of thought he was sticking his tongue out.

Sorry for being away for two weeks. My computer was just acting up badly. It didn't even turn on this time. It must of been some leak that it had once. I thought it was broken and never to be turned on again, but I never threw it away. And today, I tried turning it on for the 4th time, and it worked.

Never knew how good it felt to have all my files, movies, and projects saved with no side effects. Well, my vacation time ended, so I'll get back to work. I started to miss is already.
Your and You're. Learn the difference.
Old 10-11-2008   #2726
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zero 64
Never knew how good it felt to have all my files, movies, and projects saved with no side effects.
I hope you're backing up your files. ;)

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
Old 10-11-2008   #2727
Chaos Zero 64

I have everything on my second HD. If something happened, I can just remove it and connect the USB connector to it. But other than that, no. No backups. Funny, I kept regretting not getting actual backups 2 or 3 times before, and I still don't bother.
Old 10-12-2008   #2728
srb21103
Me!

Default If you ask me...

It sure does TOO look like Sonic's tongue is sticking out, because it is beyond the boundary of his lips, unless someone made a new version, that I didn't here about!
Old 10-15-2008   #2729
Chaos Zero 64

Misc
  • I remade the monitors again. You kept getting the Air Points capsule in other modes, and other crazy stuff like that.
  • I also added pages to the Monitors list on the Menu screen. Pages are Riders, Mario Kart, and Sonic R.
  • In OpenGL, I was probably able to add most of the updates that's available on the SVN. I can only think of two right now. Sprites/models are now affected by lighting when under a Floor over Floor with Shadows. The other one is when sectors that had colormaps affected the middle texture, like the GFZGRASS you see on FOFs. That's gone now.

Mario Kart
  • Star power and Mushroom power cannot be combined with other items now. I'm still planning on adding a red shell.

Sonic Riders
  • I forgot the stuff that I added to this gametype, but what I recently finished was the modified Turret. What you see here has been planned since the first sketch of STjr Carnival.

Sonic R
  • As you can see in this picture, I removed a code that prevented bots to spawn random animals like this. Since it was successfull, I went ahead and added more.

• I finally finished the NiGHTS player. You can now successfully play as anyone when in NiGHTS mode.

You can't see it here, but this is how I was able to add the NiGHTS player. When you fly too fast, the Player moves ahead. Exactly like 2D mode, actually.

All I had to do was remove MF2_DONTDRAW from the player. Because of MD2 models, I found out that the player isn't deleted, just turned invinsible. So all I have to do now is add the standing sprites, turn the blue trail into a red trail when drilling, and find out what to replace the NiGHTS drone with.
  • Tails still has Adventure-mode flight, but he's faster now. If you're descending, and hold the jump button, he flies up just as fast as he does in the Sonic Advance series. He also has a different fly limit. Instead of flying up without stopping, he now stops when his Z position reaches 10. When falling, the limit is 5-10. And since I added more gravity to it, flight mode feels fast and fun.
  • I also added the Drill Meter to the flight counter. You now get to see how much energy you have left, before you come tumbling down. The meter is located on the bottom screen, between the Life icon and the Speed counter.

Spriting
  • Since I can now add as many sprites as possible, I can help with making Cream's flying animations. And I can also add Cheese the Chao to make it cool. Unlike Sonic Advance 2/3, he won't lag back if Cream is running.
  • I don't want to release anything until Knuckles, Wave, and Storm are finished. The mod version would probably be around 1.46.5 if it wasn't for them. But because of that, I decided to release this when Wave alone is done.

And finally...

This is not a joke. I was actually able to accomplish this.

Once I managed to finally move a HUD icon with the player's X and Y position, I spent an entire day perfecting it. The Sonic Icon is a new S_Skin pic, just like the Life Icon. And the map outline works the same way the Level Select picture does. It's 100x100 pixels, so the level limit is supposed to be somewhere around 30272*30272. Wouldn't be that bad, but the highest point of the level is supposed to be -160. Any higher than that, and the Sonic Icon will go above the screen. I think I can fix that, but I'm too tired right now.

Well, that last one took all my energy away, so I guess I'll go watch some TV or something.
Old 10-15-2008   #2730
STHE123O
Little Monster

Cool!!!! I liked very much the Map idea!

About Wave... what sprites are donīt done yet?
I liked her runing frames!

The Nights mod looks funny!
The MD2 are awesome!

This is a cool mod!
Old 10-15-2008   #2731
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Is that Barren Ambition Zone I see?
Old 10-15-2008   #2732
Chaos Zero 64

Yeah, it is. It's a pretty level, so I asked Glaber for it.
Old 10-15-2008   #2733
STHE123O
Little Monster

hey Chaos Zero 64, what frames you must do for Wave to finish her?
Old 10-15-2008   #2734
MotorRoach
Top Cock
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHE123O
hey Chaos Zero 64, what frames you must do for Wave to finish her?
Maybe he just have done standing and walking and maybe some other thing.

Quote:

Quote:
  • I finally finished the NiGHTS player. You can now successfully play as anyone when in NiGHTS mode.
What about the Super Sonic life icon?
Old 10-16-2008   #2735
Rukario
Metal Gear Mass-Murderer

Just a thought, but the new HUD, maybe the map character icon could be the same as the life icon?
Old 10-16-2008   #2736
Sniperific

The map seems to be a bit to big, any way you can shrink the size of it?
Old 10-16-2008   #2737
Chaos Zero 64

It's already shrunk. Splash Canyon is a few pixels smaller than STjr Carnival, and the original Splash Canyon is this big.

For Wave, I only have Monster Iestyn's standing frames, and the walking frames that you see now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTheHawk
Just a thought, but the new HUD, maybe the map character icon could be the same as the life icon?
If resized, maybe. I was already thinking of having 2 Life icons anyway. One for Riders, and the other one for Mario Kart and Sonic R.
Old 10-16-2008   #2738
Flame
"It's ok, I like you too!"

Quote:
http://cz64.sepwich.com/images/srb20015.png

This is not a joke. I was actually able to accomplish this.
greater than colin hyphen left parenthisis
Congratulations nonetheless.
What code did you use for this? I'm egar to find out what it is.

Also, I'm actually impressed that you actually did all of this while I did nothing with mine.
 '---" -(_ /._)--'(_\_)
Old 10-16-2008   #2739
daiches99
Mr. Magic Series

you should put made up rider levels on there with MULTIPLE paths, that way it will be more interesting and you don't just take one route.
Old 10-16-2008   #2740
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_the_hedgehog
greater than colin
Greater than Sonict?

@daiches99: Unlike Single Player, that's actually kinda risky for a Circuit level. Imbalanced multiple paths in a race level will cause one path to be used and not the other because people wanna take the fastest route, ya know? If done properly, multiple paths will add to a Circuit level.