SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Outdated Official Level Design Contest (2.0.X)

Old 11-08-2009   #201
Gemini Spark
The EX version

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
Eighteen zeros.

My friends, this is history in the making.
And to think, if I hadn't been messing around with stuff, it could have been nineteen zeroes. Or I could've given it a 1. *shot*
Old 11-08-2009   #202
Fred
Retired

Hey I know what my prize could be! You could get rid of the swiss guy and give me his username
Old 11-08-2009   #203
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Official_L...mber.2FOctober

It has been updated with pics for Match, CTF, and Race. SP pic coming at some point. Maybe.

As for Canyon CTF getting a pic instead of Iron Turret Returns, well...
It's so bad, it's HISTORICALLY bad, so it just HAD to get the pic for it. Sorry Neo with the Chao and Tikal at the end of his name.
Old 11-08-2009   #204
Mikel
Let's get Nep-Nepping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 犬夜叉 View Post
The Shining River had a flat 0 ages ago, but had nowhere NEAR that many votes.

Actually, Shining River was DQd anyway. This is the first REAL, non-DQ'd 0.
Yeah, even though The Shining River was disqualified and was the first map to recieve a flat 0 in the history of the OLDC; I'm impressed to see that Canyon CTF was the first map that was not disqualified to recieve a flat 0, even though it was the second map to recieve a flat 0.

And let's forget that The Shining River ever existed, It was a test map I made to test out my map making skills. Even though I released it on the forums before entering the contest (the latter that led to it getting disqualified from the contest back in September/October 2005).

Last edited by Mikel; 11-19-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-08-2009   #205
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Hey, could be worse, Mikel. At least you realized after a bit how astronomically terrible that thing was =P
Old 11-08-2009   #206
Blade
ANNIHILATE.
Developer

Well, this contest wasn't the best, but seeing as it's the first one after the new release, that's sorta understandable.

And Eggmanfan needs to get something for his map, it's just that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawfulfan
Linedef Type 451 - Linedef Executor: Make Level 20% Cooler!
Quote:
Blade was hit by Inuyasha.
<Blade> osuwari
Inuyasha is no longer super.
Old 11-08-2009   #207
CoatRack
Official Community CoatRack
Developer

Whoo, what a contest, here I had thought both of my maps would lose.
Like blade said, wasn't the best of the contestes we have had, but it is good for the fist 2.0 one.

Also, I agree with Blade about Eggmanfan. He should get something. :P
I bet you can't make a face as crazy as this!
Old 11-08-2009   #208
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

My congratulations to the contest winners (any day I would end up saying it).

We had lots of fun in this issue: we went crazy when the packs were out, we played ton of hours until falling asleep, we were cruel in our reviews, our servers were hacked, rushed the reviews, we had some surprises... this deserves some fireworks.

...?

Huh?!!!

FF! Give 'em back NAO!

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 11-08-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2009   #209
JEV3
There and back again~
Developer

Sorry I never got a chance to cast my last vote guys... hard to find time to type up reviews and play the games alongside all my other activities. Even I wouldn't have the time to write up a review as long as Neo's... Congrats to those who won.

~The Greatest Adventure: Ballad of the Hobbit
Old 11-08-2009   #210
Gemini Spark
The EX version

Yesh, congrats to the winnahs. And again, sorry for messing up. I'm usually good with deadlines, I don't know how THIS one slipped past me. >_<
Old 11-08-2009   #211
LightspeedX
aka PrismaticAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
MAPF1 - Canyon CTF Zone by Eggmanfan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Honestly, who did NOT see this coming?

Average Contest Rating: 4.94. Ouch, could've been worse though.
<toaster> i love you lightspeed

Last edited by LightspeedX; 11-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2009   #212
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy

My level's average rating was 3.71.

That's pretty bad, but a bit higher than usual for a fawfulfan level.

But I give you my word: I've already just about finished my levels for the Nov/Dec 2009 and Jan/Feb 2010 OLDCs, respectively, and you will like them better than my previous garbage.
Old 11-08-2009   #213
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Take the remaining time to improve them and make them even better. After all, the more effort you put in, the better it is! ^.~

(of course, FPZ had a lot of beta testing and stuff and still didn't turn out too good :<)
Old 11-08-2009   #214
Bbop800
hey

Congrats to everyone who won! I just wish I could've reviewed the multiplayer ones. There was just so many.

Add me on Steam!
Old 11-08-2009   #215
Sergeant Brown
An Eggman Fan

For a poor OLDC, it sure was poor. It could've been a heck lot better, considering you had enough time to do a decent map AND test it various times. O well... I hope that next time will be much better.

Of course, you'll be seeing me review them, as usual.
Old 11-08-2009   #216
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown the dog View Post
For a poor OLDC, it sure was poor. It could've been a heck lot better, considering you had enough time to do a decent map AND test it various times.
The problem is that nobody knew how random monitors and the new match/CTF system in general worked.
Old 11-08-2009   #217
Fred
Retired

The random monitors were hardly the problem. The biggest problem was the ammo clumped next to the corresponding weapon panel and the occasional symmetrical stage.

I'll admit it's hard not to succumb to the temptation of making a quarter of your stage, then rotating and pasting it three times, but the end result is much better, with no exception.
Old 11-08-2009   #218
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

Oh yes they were, Neo. Maybe you just got lucky in the games you played, but the games I played on the pack were frequently ruined by the random monitors going off constantly.

A LOT of things were wrong with the levels in this pack, but I think that failure will probably explain the reasoning behind the suggestions I made better than I ever could, so I think it's not a complete loss. Everyone can use this to learn what doesn't work by example X_X
Old 11-08-2009   #219
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"

I wish I had remembered to rate Magma Core and Refurbished Gadgetry. Both were good entries. Props to Blade and Sonic Master.
Old 11-09-2009   #220
:SonicMaster:
<0>_<0>

So how did MCZ2 get a higher score than the original MCZ2 from that May/June 08 contest? The original MCZ2 really was a lot better.