Sector closing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narutopie

So, when I was making a level, I figure everything out on my own.

Except this one thing..
In the error checker, it said almost all of my sectors were not closed.
What do I do to close them? because the map is made out of multiple sectors.

How big is your level? It may simply be easier to start all over again. I have a level with tons of messed-up sectors, made when I was just starting out, and I've tried and failed to fix them several times. However, sometimes even a level full of unclosed sectors is runnable, but it will probably look really weird. Anyway, I am not aware of anyway to fix unclosed sectors, but in some cases, you may be able to delete sectors and make new ones. And, to prevent this in the future, I would advise being extremely careful about deleting individual linedefs.

Did you turn off the "stitch linedefs" feature?

fawfulfan said:
I would advise being extremely careful about deleting individual linedefs.

That's not a problem, provided that you know how to adjust sidedef sector references. Also, I should put this in the SRB2 Doom Builder Tutorial, but Merge Sectors can actually be used to delete sectors.

Wow. I thought I knew all the important points of level designing, but I guess I missed that one important point.

If it's a small break in a couple of sectors then simply changing the sectors that the linedefs causing the issues reference to will fix this.

If a large area of your map is broken, then you might want to just redraw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back