Top players on Srb2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narutopie said:
Mystery.
He takes up to 10 people facing him in CTF and seems to always win. ALONE.

Psh. I can't play on any of his servers without getting at least a small chunk of clag. Of COURSE he's going to win. His playstyle perfectly compliments him being the host, and if he dared try to play like that while not the host, he'd get destroyed easily.

And why do people keep acting as if FuriousFox is that great? Sure, he's good, but he's not nearly as amazing as, say, Mystic. Who of which isn't that much better than me or Andy. Especially modern-day Mystic. His WoW addiction kinda killed off his skills.

Penopat said:
Narutopie said:
Mystery.

Psh. I can't play on any of his servers without getting at least a small chunk of clag. Of COURSE he's going to win. His playstyle perfectly compliments him being the host, and if he dared try to play like that while not the host, he'd get destroyed easily.

And why do people keep acting as if FuriousFox is that great? Sure, he's good, but he's not nearly as amazing as, say, Mystic. Who of which isn't that much better than me or Andy. Especially modern-day Mystic. His WoW addiction kinda killed off his skills.

I guess I can say Mystic is only good because he's always hosting then, right? If he were to join another person's game, he wouldn't be "amazing" would he? This whole thing's screwed up due to the c-lag people get from joining other peoples' netgames.

Penopat said:
Narutopie said:
Mystery.

Psh. I can't play on any of his servers without getting at least a small chunk of clag. Of COURSE he's going to win. His play style perfectly compliments him being the host, and if he dared try to play like that while not the host, he'd get destroyed easily.

I don't get c-lag on his servers unless a large group of peeps are on it. (11 or 12.) I doubt you can snipe some one on the other side of the water fall map while jumping across the pit in the middle even if you were the server.

There really can't be a best person until there can be a server with 0% clag, and 0%lag. Hopefully the Stjr can fix the clag problem.

It sucks that I can't join Mystery's server :cry:

I'm close to MarioMaster and maybe Megasonic, I think. I don't play much, and I usually join with a different name. I've noticed that I do great only when I don't idle or look at irc. And I really enjoy it when I join random games or games from people who think they're great, and I happen to overthrow them on tons of stages

You don't forget about Sabre but you forget about me? Ok so Im pretty crap right now on ctf but I still have some skill in match and im getting good again at time attack.

Really, there is no such thing as somebody being "the best". There's always a way to get advantages. For instances, getting no lag, while the others do. Or...having random item boxes and getting cheap items such as invincibility and armagedon shield. Also being warmed up truely helps. As example, take Mystic and somebody else that comes close to Mystic's skills. If Mystic just started SRB2, but the other guy has been playing SRB2 for hours, there's a big chance Mystic will lose. Also, hunting players. I see that happening alot. Hunting the weakest players in netgames to gain points, and always attacking them.

Once you've been hit, and somebody's hunting you, its hard to escape, and fighting back is hard since you just lost all your rings to the guy that shot you. As I said, you'd have to own really hard in a netgame without much lag before you can say you're a great player. To think there might be people that never netgame, yet are better than any of us.

I guess the only way that we would ever be able to determine is if we put all the best players on a LAN game under the same conditions, then.

Super mystic sonic said:
Really, there is no such thing as somebody being "the best". There's always a way to get advantages. For instances, getting no lag, while the others do. Or...having random item boxes and getting cheap items such as invincibility and armagedon shield. Also being warmed up truely helps. As example, take Mystic and somebody else that comes close to Mystic's skills. If Mystic just started SRB2, but the other guy has been playing SRB2 for hours, there's a big chance Mystic will lose. Also, hunting players. I see that happening alot. Hunting the weakest players in netgames to gain points, and always attacking them.

Once you've been hit, and somebody's hunting you, its hard to escape, and fighting back is hard since you just lost all your rings to the guy that shot you. As I said, you'd have to own really hard in a netgame without much lag before you can say you're a great player. To think there might be people that never netgame, yet are better than any of us.

I do actually agree with that. I've seen it in a couple of netgames too. There was at least 7 of us, and it was a match game, about 4 of us we're beginners, and at the end of one round and this guy had 2850 points, and he was going on about being the best in srb2. He actually beat me too.

And he goes oh I'm the best since I get all invinsible and bombs, you can stop me weaklingz!!!!1111!!!. I hate people when they do that, it drives me nuts, even though I do get cocky sometimes in coop, match, and CTF games.

But, apart from that I'm saying who's good

Mystic
SMS
Hyper Metal Sonic X
Nitro The Echidna
Moonlander
Sabre (he goes like the speed of sound)
Omega the hedgehog
Dude
Andy
CZ64
Scott
Megasonic

any others I've missed out, I may edit the post.

I do that quite frequently. We were in (OH NOES!) Death Egg (yep, the contest map) annd I started a trend in the chat. Smart self that I am only chats in the rankings, so people were still doing it in-game. I HUNTED THEM ALL! *slapped*

Afterwards, I had second beat by about 400 and someone used some foul language towards me. Figures.

Narutopie said:
You went all "SHUT UP NOOB YOU SUCK BAN HIM" When I said "I Pawned you".
Mystery wins for CTF.

Actually, I haven't in any of your netgames. I've seen other people named Hyper Knuckles on srb2 sometimes. :?

These are some people I might consider "good"

Mystic
Sabre
FuriousFox
Secret
CZ64
Shuffle
Penopat
Megasonic
Mario Master

Andy said:
I guess I can say Mystic is only good because he's always hosting then, right? If he were to join another person's game, he wouldn't be "amazing" would he? This whole thing's screwed up due to the c-lag people get from joining other peoples' netgames.

To a certain extent, yes. Except I have seen Mystic play outside his games, and he still seems to do quite well, even.

I can't stand being the host. It feels like utter cheating to me...

Also, since when was Moonlander good, HYPERKNUX?

I've seen him race in Golden Ruins, and he was quite fast. But thats because me and Moonlander were playing a new level with new shortcuts that I didn't know just yet. Anyway, Moonlander is good in race. If I would be with 20+ percent lag, I would only win with luck.

HYPERKNUX said:
Mystic
SMS
Hyper Metal Sonic X
Nitro The Echidna
Moonlander
Sabre (he goes like the speed of sound)
Omega the hedgehog
Dude
Andy
CZ64
Scott
Megasonic

any others I've missed out, I may edit the post.
Uh, what? The last time Omega played (IIRC) was during 1.08. He can't possibly be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back