I need help with blendcolor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketch

I have no idea how to make a blendcolor, and seeing some people with blendcolor's like for Greeneyes and the old Jeck Jims Sonic, I would really like some assistance! Thanks!

What?

Blendcolor is just a lua script made by Prisima that works with every character, which can be found at http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41140

Then again, with the jeck jims sonic comment, you might also be refering to the color changing of MD2s... which is slightly more complicated, but it involves having a second greyscale and transparent texture in order to change the colors.

Yeah, I want help with color changing md2's? If you can, can you contact Jeck so I can ask for help?

I would normally do it myself and I even tried to edit a MD2 picture to greyscale it, but did not result in good results...

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Which is why I wanted help. I don't want to sound naggy.

EDIT: Didn't work, I want to make a new blendcolor for MD2 whodon't have them. Do you know anyone who can help me do that?

I meant the ability to change the characters MD2 color. Remember the exe made that supported colored MD2's? I want to make a greyscale so the MD2 can change color.

Sryder13 said:
Colour changing can be enabled on an MD2 by including an extra texture titled <NAME>_blend.png. the texture should be greyscale, with lighter areas being closer to white, and darker areas being closer to black.

These are the instructions, if you're confused.

I tried doing that, and the whole model turned into one color. How do you get a well lit texture? I tried a lot and yet I can't figure it out! Do you need to use some editing tool?

Using Gimp, make a copy of your texture file and rename it to "(charactername)_blend.png" (minus quotes obviously) and then open it up.
If your texture doesn't have one already go into layer > transparency and add an alpha channel. Next, use either the magic wand tool or the select-by-color tool to select all of the parts of your texture that you want to recolor, and then invert the selection and delete everything else, this will leave you with just the bit you want to recolor.
(please note that it may take a few tries to get everything perfect when deleting certain colors, play around with different amounts of threshold to make sure none of the bits of the color you want to change color are transparent).
Finally, select everything and use tools>color tools>saturation and drag it all the way down to make your greyscale image, save it but don't close out of gimp and play with it in SRB2.
Playing with the brightness and contrast (Accessed by going to tools > color tools > brightness and contrast) will affect how light/dark your texture's final colors will be in the game so be sure to tune it to where you feel is good enough.

Thanks soo much! I FINALLY now have info explaining in detail just HOW to make the MD2 blendcolor. I'll post results once I try this method out. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back