RSTH V1.30.99-Rebirth GHZ Act 1-3+ FINAL Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! Act 3 is out! I think it's slightly more difficult than the last two acts. But after I a few tries I was able to beat it.

Please tell me thats not the real act 3..

I noticed a couple of texture errors in act one, there may be a few I missed.
srb20008wx4.png

srb20009pi2.png

Thanks for the tips about texture errors nitro ^^
For now it's the real act 3 ^^
I just did this for fun lol, I can't believe I actually beat it. It's actually quite fun. I'll make GHZ Act 3 eventually.
By the way, to prevent people from cheating, you MUST play act 3 as sonic.

You could make the blue crawlas be crabmeat and red crawlas be motobug, that way we can have both. Also, could you add motobug as its own wad?

Yup, that's what I was thinking of ^^
GRRRR....I'm too lazy to finish crabmeat though xD
I wanna make the beeton first because it's easier ^^"
Do you suggest having the jettyson gunner or buzz be the beeton? Because if I replace the j. gunner with it, it will have the bullet, but I think it might make RGHZ a little too difficult. If I replace the buzz with it...then no bullet >.<

Also, I was thinking of replacing the buzz with meleon A (chameleon flying things) and turret with meleon B (Static chameleon non-flying thing).
Also, I think this is the right one...if something's wrong with it, just tell me ^^
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/883motobug.wad

Alright, thanks nitro, that's what I was leaning towards as well ^^
Also guys, I made Act 3 a little easier. Gave you guys some more hints.
This is now not only a skill level, but a thinking/puzzle level as well, for a brief period of time. This...is the Ultimate test of a player's skill and perseverance.

If any of you beat Act 3, please tell me.

Thank you ^^, still much video editing to do xD
I've only edited the first few seconds of Act 3 so far ^^"

The water skip trick I first found out from watching the SRB2 1.1 preview (I think)...then I just used it to beat Act 1 ^^
That's why no spindashing is allowed xD
Also...how did you beat it T-T I can't do it xD lol...gonna keep recording until I do. Then edit it into the new version of the video xD

Ultimate said:
Thank you ^^, still much video editing to do xD
I've only edited the first few seconds of Act 3 so far ^^"

The water skip trick I first found out from watching the SRB2 1.1 preview (I think)...then I just used it to beat Act 1 ^^
That's why no spindashing is allowed xD
Also...how did you beat it T-T I can't do it xD lol...gonna keep recording until I do. Then edit it into the new version of the video xD
1.1 didnt have that. You must be thinking of something else.

It does, just checked ^^
From 0:55-0:58

Also, huge round of applause to anyone who can beat Act 3. I'm still working on it ^^"
I made sure it's possible to beat, so don't worry about that. The only cheap deaths will be at the start of the act. Later, just use your brain to figure what my hints are and you won't die xD.

Kind of sad though -_-
I know exactly what needs to be done to beat the act, and I still haven't been able to beat it. (I made sure it's beatable by moving the starting point after I completed a segment of the level...it's too hard for me >.<)

Yay, video updated! Still unfinished though xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOjT_mYpZHs

Ultimate said:
Rebirth Sonic the Hedgehog V1.30.99
-I would like to thank Sonic Destiny, for his unending kindness and willingness to put up with my constant questions.
*^.^ wow just hearing something like that just warms my heart, ultimate, all i did was answer your questions, thank you so much though. Just saying that means a lot.
Off topic:
-i hath returned to the Srb2 forums mwahahah!-

Yugi2 said:
Speaking of returning to the forums. Very nice, every act is as well made as the first. 9/10.

Yay, thank you, I'm glad you liked it ^^

I'm working on some changes in Act 1:
-Adding in a loop
-Making it less cramped
-Adding some zoom tubes

Do you guys think I should make Act 1 less cramped, or leave it how it is? Less crampedness would give more freedom, but might ruin the Sonic 1 feel. I'm not sure xD
---------------
I think I will begin work on the real Act 3 soon, but I'm still not sure what to do about the Boss. I really want a remake of the Green Hill Zone boss in 3D, but I don't think I make it with the knowledge I have of SOCing >.<

I enjoyed the game, unlike others I liked the wide open water sector.
It's like a gigantic open ocean with a small island in the middle.
And no, I haven't beat the 3rd act yet, cuz I only had 2 attempts XD

Ok, heres my review of each of the acts

Act 1:Please get rid of the large water section, it makes the level way too easy to clear, but other than that its good 7/10

Act 2:This is a good act actually, I thought it was quite good 9/10

Act 3:Please make this an actual green hill act please 4/10

Act 3 is quite fun, I've had a few tries and pwned half of it until I got killed by these invisible crushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back