Rockman Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss! D-I-S-C-U-S-S :p

Anyway the only thing I'm curious about is if the Light RMs will work with Rock similar to how they did in the Manga series. Other than that, whether the case we get it or not doesn't matter to me. I only want to see if this was the conclusion to the classic series we've been waiting for. "Online" wasn't what I was expecting but since it's going to be in actual 2D 3D format I guess I won't mind. Lets hope the gameplay looks good...

Yes, I'm worried about the gameplay too. Hopefully this won't be a grindfest like the average Korean MMO.

Oh, and I just noticed that the video seems to show Quint carrying Mega Man's dead body. Maybe this is how they explain the absence of the Classic-series characters?

Yes, I'm worried about the gameplay too. Hopefully this won't be a grindfest like the average Korean MMO.

Oh, and I just noticed that the video seems to show Quint carrying Mega Man's dead body. Maybe this is how they explain the absence of the Classic-series characters?

It won't be. It'll follow the original format of the other traditional Mega Man games; Cept I remember that it'll be more similar to Mega Man X. And no, thats just a random bot carrying him. Remember that most of the other bots have Rock's similar design. Besides...

Quint.png

MegaManend.png

There are notable differences between the models. I don't see how that looks looks like Quint...

Last edited:
i'm reminded of a comment i saw on that page: Capcom can make all this, but thay cant make a freakin megaman x9?!

I hate a good amount of anime and don't really care for the art style at the best of times, but was blown away on how that trailer was on so many levels of amazing. The animation was incredibly skilled and emotional as is the theme that this is conveying. The trailer leaves many questions and theories though.

How exactly are they bridging the gap between the Classic Megaman and Megaman X series? Why did Dr. Light explode? Is he dead? What will happen to Roll? Why is the Yellow Devil stomping through the city?

I can't wait to find out this game's story, because it has me extremely interested by the trailer alone. I don't know which is better... Megaman Universe or this. Both are sounding and looking amazing yet we know nothing about them.

This is made by the same people who made S4 League. Guessing by that game, the cash shop will be non required to get good, but to be amazing at the game you'll need it.

That, and the only US version that will come out will be an international version where laggers reign and kick ass.

Has this been confirmed to be coming stateside?

I loved playing through the Megaman games. And I also liked the Megaman X games. I always wondered what happened between.

Mind if I share a Quoted quote from the Cutstuff MB?
http://cutstuff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=650

From the Cutstuff MB... said:
So... wow. From the looks of it, we just bared witness to some sort of robot uprising taking place within a dystopian classic series universe -- yet -- the trailer cuts to footage of Iris, Alia and Signas (X series characters), toiling away as if they're providing aid to the very situation at hand. Classic/X series crossover, anyone?

According to Stoo.com, the source of the trailer, the game will indeed feature characters from both series, specifically outlining the presence of classic Rockman, Blues (Proto Man), Forte (Bass), X and Zero. Just how these characters will relate to one another is unknown at this time so it's up for speculation.

Aside from the above tidbit about characters, no new details about the game were reveal. However, once again, various Korean sites are promising more details will trickle out in the near future.

If you're new to this whole Rockman Online hubbub, allow me to summarize what we know so far: Rockman Online is a side-scrolling action RPG, boasting 3D graphics on a two dimensional plane, much like Mega Man X8 and Maverick Hunter X. Familiar faces and NPCs will make up the game's cast in addition to online players.

The game is being cooperatively developed by Capcom and NeoWiz with plans to distribute the title exclusively in Korea and Asian markets by the end of 2010. While there's been no word of a release for the West, a Japanese release is likely, if a trademark is to be believed.

Considering this, it may be in a similar format like Dungeon Fighter...

dungeonfighterc.jpg
Just you know... not sprite-like and stuff :p

Last edited:
Classic characters... X characters... same animation?!

S-So th-they're f-finally... sh-showing us the... C-C-C-Cataclysm?

...OH FUCK YES!!!!! That's the only explanation I can think of. Though they'll probably pull an "X6-Zero Ending" and pit it a that unspecified absolute final event of the Classic series, and proceed to release an X7-style failure, followed by an X8-style repayment, then NEVER MAKE ANOTHER GAME BETWEEN MM AND X AGAIN.

I am indeed very curious about this game. If anything, I'll play it just to understand the Cataclysm and X's connection with the original Megaman.

I'm not getting my hopes up, however. Every MMO I've ever played was a boring slog through stupid grinding.

The only Megaman I ever played was Megaman X4, well, this trailer looks pretty epic, of course I´m not gonna get the game but the trailer really leaves much to expect.

The only Megaman I ever played was Megaman X4, well, this trailer looks pretty epic, of course I´m not gonna get the game but the trailer really leaves much to expect.

Well all the trailer shows is an anime mixed with Megaman. Though I hope the game reflects what the teaser shows. (The robot masters could be bosses, for example.)

Why do I feel like even though the game is an MMO, it'll be hard as a rock?

This might come from the fact that I've never beaten a single megaman game except ZX(on easy mode lol)

Well all the trailer shows is an anime mixed with Megaman. Though I hope the game reflects what the teaser shows. (The robot masters could be bosses, for example.)

IDK about the Light RMs being bosses...

I'm speculating that they may actually help Rock out on this one, similar to how they did in the Manga Version: Megamix. Just bringing them back as bosses is completely cliche...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back