Two Questions About v2.0 - WAD distortion, Analog in Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx1

I just got the new version of SRB2, but for some reason, whenever I load any of my old WADs in (I have SRB2 Launcher v 2.5), the colors are extremely distorted. What do I do to fix that?

Also, I enjoy the game a lot more when Analog Control is on, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work in multiplayer... Is there a way to enable it while playing on a server?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Two Questions About v2.0 - WAD distortion, Analog in Ser

sparx1 said:
I just got the new version of SRB2, but for some reason, whenever I load any of my old WADs in (I have SRB2 Launcher v 2.5), the colors are extremely distorted. What do I do to fix that?

Also, I enjoy the game a lot more when Analog Control is on, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work in multiplayer... Is there a way to enable it while playing on a server?

Thanks in advance!
Are they 1.09.4/a WADs? You need to manually update them. If they are 2.01 WADs, then you need a lump editor to use SRB2ME's palette as the default.

You can change analog on/off if you are the server or an admin. Otherwise, no.

The colors are disorted in WADs because there's a new pallet and the WAD you loaded still has the 1.09.4 pallet. Because of that, the colors get all messed up because the new pallet re-arranged the color system. Same thing happens to sprites in the 2.0 .plr files in XWE if you use the DooM pallet to view them.

Re: Two Questions About v2.0 - WAD distortion, Analog in Ser

Eblo said:
You can change analog on/off if you are the server or an admin. Otherwise, no.

I tried hosting my own game... Still didn't work... o.O

Or i will. :P

It is not possible to use Analog online due to something about the camera (or so i read.)

The Camera is an object in SP, but not in multiplayer. Analog uses the Camera to work, and if it isn't there, it can't work.

End of.

Actually, that's not the reason. The reason is because the camera information is stored locally and not transmitted to the server. You can mess with your camera on your side and that information isn't sent anywhere. The problem is that analog mode uses the camera to determine which direction you go when you enter commands. Since the server doesn't know where your camera is, it can't possibly interpret analog mode commands properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back