SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Off-Topic > Video Games

Old 08-11-2015   #1
MrBreada

Default So, SA2 and Bayonetta are coming to Xbox One.

Although I don't own an Xbox One, this is pretty neat, and I hope anyone with an Xbox One enjoys this games.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old 08-11-2015   #2
Katwover
typicality nonsensical

It's more the two being backwards compatible, among other games, with Xbone than just "coming soon," but nevertheless. Cool
Old 08-12-2015   #3
Nekoishi
Is actually

Default The unenlightened masses, they cannot make the judgement call

Bayonetta is cool. Sucks for the XBone that it'll never get Bayo 2~
SA2 has always been a fun experience for me. Wonder what other games are gonna get compatibility.
http://puu.sh/mtIMI.png

Last edited by Nekoishi; 08-17-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Nekoishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015   #4
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Not to mention getting the original Bayo and none of Bayonetta U's extras. And of course, SA2 isnt gonna have any netplay, or fix any of the game's issues. I don't even know why we bother with SA2, considering it aged about as well as cheese under the couch.
D00D64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015   #5
MrBreada

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Not to mention getting the original Bayo and none of Bayonetta U's extras. And of course, SA2 isnt gonna have any netplay, or fix any of the game's issues. I don't even know why we bother with SA2, considering it aged about as well as cheese under the couch.
You have a point, but this isn't a rerelease. Not even a port! It's direct backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360 version. We can't have the Wii U become irrelevant either, now can we?

And even though Sonic Adventure 2 aged terribly, at least there's something to quench Xbox One owners' thirst for a Sonic game. :P
Old 08-16-2015   #6
Zipper
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Judge

Default shake shake shake

I'd much rather a NEW Sonic game than SA2 to come to XB1, Sega can't really just keep re-releasing the same game and expecting nostalgia to kick in.

Bayonetta is nice, but...you know....Wii U gets a package.
Old 08-16-2015   #7
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreada View Post
at least there's something to quench Xbox One owners' thirst for a Sonic game. :P
Considering how most Sonic games come out on Nintendo consoles nowadays, I'd be surprised if there's a Sonic fan that does buy an XBox One expecting one. It's usually either multi-platform or Nintendo-exclusive. (Even Generations had a version on the 3DS!)
Old 08-16-2015   #8
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
Sega can't really just keep re-releasing the same game and expecting nostalgia to kick in.
Sure they can. They ported SA1 and the original Sonic to as many systems as they possibly could.

Will it make gamers happy? Unlikely, since as you said people would rather have a new game. Does it make good business sense? If they manage to recoup the cost of porting, why not? You get a release out there without the hassle and cost of making a whole new game.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015   #9
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Having logged over 300 hours of playing Sonic Adventure 2, I can say with complete certainty that it is a steaming pile of horse faeces made on a shoestring budget that probably shouldn't be resold.

At least we'll never again have to deal with the other products of Sonic's dark valley, like Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Genesis GBA.

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015   #10
CobaltBW
I do things sometimes

People will still buy the shit. SA2 gets way more praise than it's ever deserved. Only recently does it seem like the internet is slowly catching on to its utter mediocrity.

Can't speak on behalf of Bayonetta though.

Check out my soundcloud profile for music stuff
CobaltBW is offline   Reply With Quote