Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikel

No longer active
Discuss about Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock here.

For those who don't know what the Guitar Hero series Is:

The Guitar Hero (series) article on Wikipedia said:
Guitar Hero is a popular series of music video games published by RedOctane and Activision. The series is notable for its use of a guitar-shaped peripheral to simulate the playing of rock music, represented on-screen by colored notes that correspond to fret buttons on the controller. The games support both individual play, typically as a Career mode, as well as cooperative and competitive modes for two players. The series has used a range of both licensed and independent rock music tracks from the 1960s to the present, several which are master tracks from the bands

To me, looks fun so far. Can't wait to see the new multiplayer modes, and the new wireless guitars.

Could be interesting, Guitar Hero is a tad overrated though.

I loled when I told my friends that it would be available on the Wii, and they asked "How would that work?"

Now, I'm not going to be too cruel, but...
Hey, what's the point of a guitar game? If you want to play a guitar, go get a guitar, and...that's right...PLAY IT!!!
It's just as bad as monopoly on a gaming system...
If you want to play monopoly, go buy a board, and round up a few pals, but a game remake of a real life item...hoo boy.
Makes me think about the sims, but, we won't go there. Bit of a sore spot there. Now, again, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, so to each their own, i respect that, but ugh...guitar hero....

I heard of another PC Guitar Hero clone, It was (I think) Called Frets on fire. I can't play that game with the laptop I'm on right now, as you have to pick up the keyboard to play.

You're not forced to pick it up, in fact it doesn't even help...like, at all. (Not me anyways.)

The one I heard of is Guitar Zero. It's an alpha, but it's 3D, and seems like a perfect Guitar hero clone. I'll post it, but I don't know what kind of files it reads. Also, if the games that I posted look interesting to you, I have a simulator for each one.
Guitar Zero: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E7AST70W
Screenies:

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that you need a Guitar Hero controler, and a PS2 to USB adapter.

Chao Freak 1 said:
EDIT: I forgot to tell you that you need a Guitar Hero controler, and a PS2 to USB adapter.

Or you could just use the GHII 360 controller, which uses a USB last time I checked.

"Why play guitar hero when you could play a real guitar" is an awful argument. It takes years and years of practice to become good at an instrument. And in case you haven't noticed, Guitar Hero's guitar has like five buttons. It's simple, and you can enjoy it with friends without practicing for years. It's the same principle as DDR. You don't have to know how to dance to play DDR. In fact, the people that are great dancers probably don't KNOW how to play DDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back