hosting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

.hack

Ok, I'm trying to host netgames, but no one ever joins.

I have ports 5029 and 28900 forwarded, the text "srb2.servegame.org:28900" as the master server, the master server set to "yes", the "advertise server" option set to "yes", and I've waited for a half hour. When the level loaded, the text "this server has been registered on the master server..." appeared at the top.

Is my server not hosting on the master server, or am I just unpopular?

Make sure you have a static ip. You can find out how to do that here http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

If that doesn't work you can try updating your firmware using your router's website. You have to be careful using this, it might make your router not work at all if you don't follow the instructions carefully.

ok, I just figured out how to get a static ip. I got that, but something's still wrong. anyone have any ideas? (the wiki doesn't help...)

Firewall

Do you have a firewall? Most firewalls block outbound and inbound internet access to unknown programmes. I'm not sure what it is like with oters but I have McAfee firewall and Antiviruse and I can just enable passage through SRB2 by ticking a box. However my friends has Norton (Something like that anyway) and he has to disable his firewall before playing. But it it just mostly likely to be that.

BUT to test this try joining someone elses. If there is no one else's game there then you know you have a problem

If this does not solve your problem I suggest contacting the web administrative which (I think) is SSNTails but I think someone else in in charge of the master server.

Anyway, Hope this helps!

well that server got replaced by this server 24:62:188:178:28900 this is what i heard on all the other servers :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back