SRB2 Riders 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What toaster means is the old linedef type numbers from SRB2CB have the exact same effects as some of the 7xx ones in 2.1.15. There's no point trying them for that reason.

Yay, I'm a lying scumbag! Looks like this release came earlier than even I could expect it.

ENTER Patch 2.52

Slopes.

Slopes.

Oh, and more Slopes.

The icons to tell what type of level you're in can now change colors adjacent to your color.

Nobody's perfect, and I am the epitome of imperfect. That being said...

ENTER Patch 2.52.1

Fixed few of oversights related to HUD, MS recordings, and level pictures.

Launcher no longer autosaving

Is there any particular reason the launcher defaults to srb2dd.exe? I keep trying to change it, but the next time I boot it up, it goes back to srb2dd.exe. It doesn't seem to autosave the config anymore.

Is there any particular reason the launcher defaults to srb2dd.exe? I keep trying to change it, but the next time I boot it up, it goes back to srb2dd.exe. It doesn't seem to autosave the config anymore.

I will take a look at that, if it is not a stored setting I'm gonna make win the default as DD is deprecated.

It never autosaved the config to begin with.

It never autosaved the config to begin with.

Yes it did. It saves data into an xml file and I know for a fact because I spent 2 hours figuring out how to make one as I had only been working with C# for two weeks.

This is assuming you speak of my launcher

Last edited:
Patch 2.52.2

Very small but useful changes to the levels. Pity shield graphics have been updated.

Whaddaya want from me? I'm a very simple guy @_@

Yes it did. It saves data into an xml file and I know for a fact because I spent 2 hours figuring out how to make one as I had only been working with C# for two weeks.

This is assuming you speak of my launcher

I am talking about your launcher. I was mistaken before in that renderer, screen size, and command line parameters are actually saved, but the name of the game executable isn't saved at all.

I am talking about your launcher. I was mistaken before in that renderer, screen size, and command line parameters are actually saved, but the name of the game executable isn't saved at all.

Ah, okay. Yes, I am aware of that and I have no idea why that was not implemented, must have been tired.
I've actually been aware of it for quite some time, just haven't bothered to fix it. I'll get it done soon so long as Duon keeps pestering me. Haha.

But no, on a serious note expect a fix in about a week.

Kthxbaihavefunlol~~~

Okay I've just gone into the project file to check and the code was already there, so I tested my local exe and it saved for me. I will push an update of the launcher TODAY, so make sure you check for launcher updates etc, and it will be V 1.0.6 (it will be shown at the bottom)

Also, I am hoping to have a Linux launcher finished by tomorrow.

If after updating you still can't get the executable name to change, delete your riderslaunchercfg.xml file and try running the launcher again.

Check for an update in about an hour from this post, although I'm hoping to have finished the update in 15 mins.

EDIT: and then I remember my dropbox is dead.. right...

Okay so I will be finding a new server, maybe puush. This should be done in the hour.

UPDATED LAUNCHER FINALLY; http://puu.sh/paR62/1cb91243b8.zip
If you find a bug let us know!!

Last edited:
Thanks Hitcoder. Use the updater in the launcher to get the update, the latest version will be added in a week or two when I get the chance.

Thanks Hitcoder. Use the updater in the launcher to get the update, the latest version will be added in a week or two when I get the chance.

Actually don't use the built in updater on the old one, the xml file it looks for is not accessible due to my dropbox links being banned. ManicTH14 kindly hosts the new XML.

Looks like 2.1.15 is quite relaxed towards the checks on players and riders mode. This might actually allow other character wads to be used without that much of a problem regarding the riders mode, and this also means that Riders won't break in Match/CTF! I'm going to restore the Vanilla CTF levels, but for match, I'm thinking of making a battle mode for it, though, I'm gonna need a moment to assemble a crew for this... *releases a signal at the sky and waits patiently*

Also new patch

ENTER PATCH 2.52.3

Attempted to added slopes in the Footracing levels, 2 levels were successful. City Heat, and Sunset Gardens.

Blaze's Player Icon now fully changes color.

The latest version of the Riders Launcher has been added.

CTF Levels have been restored.

I'm a nub

ENTER Patch 2.52.4

Minor level fixes and optimizations

The player's boost and invincibility will no longer kill the opponent (foreshadowing :3)

Damn, a triple post, I think Mystic will kill me but...

ENTER Patch 2.52.5 Match Beta

Added Block Fort by Kitoko/Hinote (Cause perms are free)

Minor level and lua script updates
I highly request you guys to test the battle mode with your friends ASAP so I can get some opinions on this. I wanted to have a special type of level built, but I didn't have the patience to make one, and the "outside help" can't be bothered... so credits to Kitoko/Hinote(Where is she on this forum?) for free permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back