Custom Exit: Gametype change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
I tried to use the custom exit gametype change but it didn't work. What gives? It changes to the specified level, but doesn't change gametype

SRB2WIKI said:
Tag this to an Exit Sector (Sector Type 982) to exit to a custom level, overriding the one set in the map header. The map number you go to is indicated by the front sector's floor. Additionally, if the control linedef's bitset is set to disallow climbing (with the no climb attribute, whose value is 64), skip the score tally screen when switching to the new map.

If the control linedef has the block monsters flag set (value 2), this effect does something super complicated and fun, going to a different level depending on whether the player has all emeralds or not. If the player has eight emeralds (the eight emerald isn't implemented yet, so this is currently impossible), linedef length will be used for the next map. If the player has seven emeralds, the linedef's front sector's ceiling height will be used. Otherwise, go to the map number indicated by the linedef's front sector's floor. That's only if you set the block monsters flag.

If the passuse flag (value 2) is set, the linedef's front side x offset will be used as the new gametype after the map change, providing it is in range (from 0 to 5, inclusive).

Linedef front size x offset must be set, passuse flag must be checked.

Check if you have these contents used.

Um, 0 is coop, 1 is match....dunno the rest. Type gametype during the others to found out

I have passuse and x offset set, no dice.

Has anyone ever implemented this before? It may help show what I messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back