Worst movie scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
fred-movie-dvd-cover.jpg

The whole thing. (Yes, I actually watched it.)

(Yes, I actually watched it.)

Well, that was certainly fucking stupid of you!

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't like the Fred videos. So why would you watch the movie if you're going to go into it already knowing you're not going to like it? So you can say you hate it with some credibility? Because even if people do care what you think of it, they probably shouldn't.

Inception. The entire movie.

It's cool until you think about it. Then you realized you just wasted 2 hours of your life and now you feel retarded.

Because it's totally possible to move a group of people and C4 while free floating in 1 minute, right?

Well, that was certainly fucking stupid of you!

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't like the Fred videos. So why would you watch the movie if you're going to go into it already knowing you're not going to like it? So you can say you hate it with some credibility? Because even if people do care what you think of it, they probably shouldn't.
I was forced to watch it semi-against my will while sitting my nephews. It was either watch Fred or Twilight... or smack them around a bit. I chose not to eviscerate my brain or resort to violence.

Inception. The entire movie.

It's cool until you think about it. Then you realized you just wasted 2 hours of your life and now you feel retarded.

Because it's totally possible to move a group of people and C4 while free floating in 1 minute, right?

It was cool until I thought about it. Then I got hit with one of the most awesome cases of Fridge Brilliance ever after watching a film.

I'll do the math for you:

5 minutes in the real world gives an hour in the dream world. So 1 minute in the real world is roughly around 12 minutes in the dream. In turn, one second in the real world would be 12 seconds. This effect is compounded the deeper you go into a person's dream, so 5 minutes is 60 minutes in the first level of the dream which is then 720 in the second level of the dream.

On top of that, on the L.A flight, the team is heavily sedated, and the effect of the sedative gives them more time in the individual levels of the dream (if I recall correctly, it's 10 times as much). Therefore, 1 second in the higher level becomes 120 seconds, or 2 minutes, in the lower level.

From the point at which the vans breaks the guard rail (kick #1 on the first level of the dream) to when the van hits the water (kick #2 on the first level of the dream) is probably about 2-3 seconds. Therefore, Arthur would have had 240-360 seconds, or 4 to 6 minutes, to tie everyone up, move them to the elevator, plant the C4 and detonate it. Considering that the film usually doesn't cut out more than 10 seconds at a time of Arthur's actions when he's shown on screen (and even when the film cuts back to him, barely any time has passed from the last shot with him), everything that Arthur does in between the first and second kick is plausible.

Given that Cobb doesn't actually give a definite amount of time that Arthur has, by saying "a couple of minutes," it fits in. No plot holes or implausibility.

If you apply basic math and logic to different scenes that might not make sense at first, it gradually becomes understandable.

^This. Twilight mainly suffers from somewhat cheesy acting, rather rushed looking CGI, and "fandumb". It's not absolute trash compared to the Fred movie.

It was cool until I thought about it. Then I got hit with one of the most awesome cases of Fridge Brilliance ever after watching a film.

I'll do the math for you:

5 minutes in the real world gives an hour in the dream world. So 1 minute in the real world is roughly around 12 minutes in the dream. In turn, one second in the real world would be 12 seconds. This effect is compounded the deeper you go into a person's dream, so 5 minutes is 60 minutes in the first level of the dream which is then 720 in the second level of the dream.

On top of that, on the L.A flight, the team is heavily sedated, and the effect of the sedative gives them more time in the individual levels of the dream (if I recall correctly, it's 10 times as much). Therefore, 1 second in the higher level becomes 120 seconds, or 2 minutes, in the lower level.

From the point at which the vans breaks the guard rail (kick #1 on the first level of the dream) to when the van hits the water (kick #2 on the first level of the dream) is probably about 2-3 seconds. Therefore, Arthur would have had 240-360 seconds, or 4 to 6 minutes, to tie everyone up, move them to the elevator, plant the C4 and detonate it. Considering that the film usually doesn't cut out more than 10 seconds at a time of Arthur's actions when he's shown on screen (and even when the film cuts back to him, barely any time has passed from the last shot with him), everything that Arthur does in between the first and second kick is plausible.

Given that Cobb doesn't actually give a definite amount of time that Arthur has, by saying "a couple of minutes," it fits in. No plot holes or implausibility.

If you apply basic math and logic to different scenes that might not make sense at first, it gradually becomes understandable.

I'm pretty sure Cobb says that Arthur has 1 minute to do all of that. In Arthur's time state.

Regardless the whole thing would be better off in a video game(Which luckily they might make sometime this year) than a movie.

Hard Streets- all of it
I'm not quite certain if it actually existed or was something completely fabricated by the bowels of the internet, but all information I've been able to gleam has it as a supposedly serious attempt at an action movie. Nevertheless, it is astoundingly terrible.

Hard Streets- all of it
I'm not quite certain if it actually existed or was something completely fabricated by the bowels of the internet, but all information I've been able to gleam has it as a supposedly serious attempt at an action movie. Nevertheless, it is astoundingly terrible.

Serious attempt? You are beyond gullible.

Those clips are so obviously tongue-in-cheek.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back