What's Your Favourite Anime/Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon Ball Z, why? It's because I'm into action and that final battle when the villain gets owned after dozens of episodes has this great epic feeling.

I also like The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, and Air.

I'm really into sci-fi futuristic anime, but I've only seen it in videogames called Xenosaga 2, Phantasy Star Online, Final Fantasy XIII, and Mega Man X Command Mission.

So if anyone has a recommendation of that kind of anime of the genere I'm looking for, please direct me. :)

Anime: (in no particular order)
Bleach (Up until Season 3, then the anime got boring, but the manga's still good)
Shakugan no Shana
Cowboy Bebop
Witch Hunter Robin
Fate/Stay Night
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

and that's about it, I don't watch much at all. :(

Last edited:
Lately I like Full Metal Panic! (Exclamation mark is part of the name)
I'm only watching 1st series, as in not Fumoffu or Second Raid.

I also liked: Cowboy Bebop(movie), Ninja Scroll(movie), Akira(Movie) and Ghost in the Shell(Movie).

Oh, and no-one say "Air TV" whatever you do!

Last edited:
Since I'm well into detective and mystery anime, Detective Conan and Monster will probably be my favorite anime for a long time.

Heck, Conan has so many episodes you could probably watch just that for the next few years. It's downright intimidating looking at that series, it's so long-running.

Heck, Conan has so many episodes you could probably watch just that for the next few years. It's downright intimidating looking at that series, it's so long-running.

Not to mention that endings turn to utter garbage from them as well. Hence why I have such a deep hatred for Inuyasha. Bleach would be another I despise as well, even though it had a decent concept to it, though once you really pay attention to the episodes, they just drag on with dialogue until you see the "To be continued" screen. In my opinion, shorter anime is slightly better anime.

I was under the impression that Conan was a monster of the week show, not a show with story arcs. They set up a plot in the episode and resolve it in 20 minutes, most of the time.

I do agree that short anime is generally better because they don't drag on or go into filler.

Its generally that way with most TV series. The only televised anime I've ever watched is "Digimon" and "Pokemon". I was quite fond of "Digimon", but backlash against "Pokemon" is basically the reason I was so reluctant about taking anime seriously. As for anime movies, I've watched "Spirited Away", "Castle in the Sky", and "Princess Mononoke", though I'd also like to watch Miyazaki's other big-name movies. ("Kiki's Delivery Service", "Howl's Moving Castle", and "Ponyo")

With that said there are some shows that I wish would be hour-long. I haven't seen enough anime to know whether it applies here, but judging by how well "The Clone Wars" is handling three+ episode arcs, I would love to see how effective they can be with an hour. Been watching an animated series about Batman on Boomerang ("THE Batman" apparently, not the one I saw when I was young I think) and it seems like the time is what causes it to fall into a monster-of-the-week pattern.
Of course, according to stereotypes, anime probably wouldn't be serious enough to last longer than thirty minutes on television. I'm sure that's just based on the likes of Pokemon though, so I'd love to hear otherwise.

Anime doesn't tend to do hour-long episodes. Instead, most serious anime just take a large plot and split it up into 20 minute episodes with a "to be continued" message at the end of each episode except the last one. Cliffhangers are common and while most shows don't have every episode end on a cliffhanger, it's really common to leave something hanging in each episode. Obviously, some shows go with the Scooby Doo "Monster of the week" approach where something happens at the beginning of the episode and they resolve it by the end of the episode, but I find those to be far less common.

I was under the impression that Conan was a monster of the week show, not a show with story arcs.

Well, basically Detective Conan is a little of half & half (I can also put Bomberman jetterz in this category as well), though it mainly puts it's focus on random dramatic cases until after a season or two when it gets to the main arc, which really bothered me when I found out I had to look through a pile of fillers & non canon episodes just to find out if they had a scoop on where the organization is and their scemes. I would have to admit that the current season running now looks very interesting, but i'm not starting from square one again.

Ignoring kid shows, the only anime that comes to mind is InuYasha. I only Google'd the word "Osuwari", and found a YouTube video compilation that showed you some of the show's funny moments. If it wasn't for that, I would of ignored the show as another random action anime.

It's apparently gone from Adult Swim, but who cares. It would take one week to see the next episode, so I watch them all online. I'm up to Episode 45, and the show is actually pretty interesting and hillarious.

I swear, if I am reminded of that clip one more time...

It's airing, actually, though at the very end of [AS]'s block on Saturday (ie, Sunday 5:30am) as of current.

Which is as close as you can get to 'not airing' as is possible, really.

Not that I care any.

Hey look, CTR! I loved that game.
On topic:Well, I decided to finally watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and had fun with it, but it's time to get back to my perverted comedies.

Favorite Anime:
Probably this really weird Mario anime only released in Japan where I could barely read the subs because of the poor quality of the video. Anyway.
Favorite Manga:
(I hope this thread includes comics)
This ongoing Pokemon manga that's in the actual MANGA FORM. You read it from right to left. It totally goes beyond the games and show. Also I like a Legend of Zelda Manga by the same company. Can't wait 'til the next Pokemon book comes out...

Hoshi no Kaabii(Kirby) all the way. Cutest anime ever.

I haven't watched Detective Conan, but I've read the beginnings of the manga. It just goes on and on and on. I looked at the latest one(at least a year after I last looked at it), and the only change to the formula seems to be a new main character. Great.

Last edited:
Right now, I'm watching Inuyasha: The Final Act. They polished the anime quite well, and you can easily get caught up if you haven't watched the rest of the anime. I'm also watching One Piece and Naruto Shippuden. The Impel Down arc rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back