Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to hate them simply based on the fact that they're taking the place of the old ones. Also I'm not really new guy, guy. I've been in the community for over 6 years =/

Why is the main page of srb2 still on this post. It has been like five months already.
It's normal for the main page to update rarely.

Also, night stages might be longer then special stages, and in coop, will people be able to work together to make the course go faster?
Well, I assume you can collaborate in the sense that everybody can put blue orbs into the capsule, so you can work together to meet the orb requirement. But you still have to complete one lap, I guess.

It's easy to hate them simply based on the fact that they're taking the place of the old ones.
It's easy, but it makes no sense. The new special stages might (and almost certainly will) be better.

It's normal for the main page to update rarely.

Well, I assume you can collaborate in the sense that everybody can put blue orbs into the capsule, so you can work together to meet the orb requirement. But you still have to complete one lap, I guess.

It's easy, but it makes no sense. The new special stages might (and almost certainly will) be better.

But I have not seen a post that long between. For the nights thing, don't you think the probbaly thats happening with Botanic Seranity will happen here? Plus will you be able to make regulare special stages in a level pack like mine? By the way, I agree with the new changes of Techno Hill with the witherd grass. Also Cez1 textures look great.

Okay, I just downloaded and played the new Techno Hill Nights stage and I have to say, Srb2 impressed me. I love the layout. However, I think the map would be even better being played as regular then nights. Plus, are you going to change the music and grass to the level? I see it's a beta but I am just wondering.

The NiGHTS special stages are loosely based on the visuals of its corresponding level. They don't have to be exact. In the case of THZS, the visuals work as-is. Unless the team as a whole decides it needs changing, there's no reason to keep it exactly like THZ if it works.

And the music for the special stages are all going to be Mystic Realm music, with the exception of ACZS, which will have music slot #88 used instead.

I also don't see how you could want that as a "normal level". It would be quite boring. :E

Xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

cool cool cool cool cool

Ignoring the post that is above mine, Your level Rob, really made a lot of people change their opinions about Nights stages, including mine.

Never expected the Nights stages to have such an awesome change.

(snip base64 for the sake of page load times; please learn to use free image hosting sites)

Last edited by a moderator:
The NiGHTS special stages are loosely based on the visuals of its corresponding level. They don't have to be exact. In the case of THZS, the visuals work as-is. Unless the team as a whole decides it needs changing, there's no reason to keep it exactly like THZ if it works.

And the music for the special stages are all going to be Mystic Realm music, with the exception of ACZS, which will have music slot #88 used instead.

I also don't see how you could want that as a "normal level". It would be quite boring. :E

I see what you mean by that... I will wait for 2.1 to come out (Which I hope is soon like in 5 days even though that will never happen) to judge the rest of the special stages. But going back to the editing part of this. If you wanted to make a 2.0.6 special stage instead of a 2.1 special stage, can you? Also who is to say, (I have said this before,) the same thing with Botanic Serenity will happen here? Mabye, mabye not...

As far as I know, you can make 2.0.6-style special stages...But why would you ever want to? They're bland.

And what do you mean by "The same thing with BSZ"?

First of all, you have to see my level pack to understand what im aiming for...
second of all, Bsz has slime trails and I am pretty sure the game crashes once in a while. But I have not tried it in a while. I read on the wiki however that this is happening with it.

Oh...

That stuff.

That happens because BSZ is a MASSIVE level and has LOADS of SOCs. It's not the most stable thing in the world.

These special stages have been tested to death. They're stable.

And for now the 59th time,the netcode is not fixed yet, and the developers doesn't even know (or aren't sure of) what causes it. So you will have to wait.

I still think a single player release would be a good idea. Release it with the broken net code and ask people to help fix it. Or do a private release and get people to help fix the problem.

I strangely agree with you glaber. They should make, at least, a private release to help them fix the problem faster.

I'm sure they haven't done that yet for a particular reason. But still, the private release thing should be considered.

I agree for that idea too. Private or public singleplayer-with-the-broken-netcode release to help the devs fixing the netcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back