m_greenflowerbattle.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walyn

http://www.sendspace.com/file/irxv6z

It's my first (released) match map, so please tell me how I can improve it.

srb20023ow7.png

That's most of the map, except for inside the cave. It replaces MAP97 (Zim's Base). It has bomb and homing rings. So, enjoy.

...My word, how do you people play Software in those kinds of resolutions? It looks positively painful.

For some reason, Sendspace hates me today, so I cannot download the map at the moment, so I'll give you the only comments I can give, based on your screenshot.

On your sector borders, you want GFZGRASS in the middle texture and Lower Unpegged checked for each linedef so each of those sectors has a nice grassy border, making it easier to tell where one sector ends and the other begins.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, this picture is a good example:

gfz.png

The grass sticking up around the edges is the result of what I said above, and it makes levels look more elegant.

Though I have not actually played the map, it looks relatively cramped based on your screenshot, which does not bode well for the use of homing rings. Usually you want more room for players to run around if you are going to use homing rings so people are not constantly being hit.

I'll be able to give you more helpful comments when I am able to download the map.

Walyn said:
It's my first (released) match map, so please tell me how I can improve it.

Personally, I think it would be more helpful if you commented on his map, instead of commenting on the resolution of his screenshot.

WAD Review

First off, the screen shot above doesn't really serve the level justice, and while this isn't too good either, shows the distance between platforms better:

srb20044dt1.png

The cave area in the corners provide rings, the explosion rings, and a nice escape route should the match get too chaotic.

As for advice on polishing this map up:

• As Jazz said, GFZGRASS borders would work very nicely here.
  • In my opinion, it is too easy to pick up all the weapon rings, making a homing-explosion ring rather quickly. Also, for such a small stage you should really put less weapon rings in. ( Four homing and Four explosion rings is a bit much )
Although it is a rather good map for 2-3 (four is almost pushing it, IMO) player matches, it would be even better if you cleaned it up some.

Good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back