Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I wanted to see as Skype notification when I woke up either.
May your soul rest in peace, Mr. Iwata, and thanks for everything.

The real question about it is, should we worry about Nintendo's future at all because of this?
Because well, Iwata done several things for Nintendo and all, as far as I'm aware...

I don't think so. Iwata's done a lot yes, but Nintendo has a way of working through setbacks. Besides, I doubt this blindsided the people at Nintendo, it was known that Iwata had trouble with his bile duct since last year, and was the reason he wasn't at E3 2014. I'm sure Nintendo has a plan of how to keep going.

Rest in Peace GOD of Nintendo... Satoru Iwata... We will miss you...

CJy-vZWXAAATsuF.jpg

Dammit, Darklink1996 you beat me to it! I was also going to post about this once I had found what happened.

Anyway back to the actual topic, when I had got to where I needed to go this morning I had heard on the radio that someone had from passed away from Nintendo (I didn't really hear the whole story) so I decided to research about it.

And when I found what had happened, I could not believe my eyes.

W........T......F.

How? When did this start happening? You would think that with all the surgery available AND for a CEO that it would be sorted and prioritized but no … How!?!?!? Ironically what makes it more weird is something similar happened to Steve Jobs near a similar age, I’m not too fond of Mac but do these CEOs take care of themselves??? Anyway, I do worry of Nintendo future as he is the sole purpose of what Nintendo is today, through those cheesy Nintendo Directs, other videos and past history you get the sense that he had true sense of passion for driving Nintendo forward. Also those great Nostalgic Childhood memories, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Pokémon, DS, Wii, Gamecube ahhhh what memories, I'm not a heavy gamer but those memories… I do greatly worry if there is another person who’s capable of doing the job.

Mr Iwata, thank you for everything, the games, those childhood memories and that fun I had, R.I.P.
...and I do hope there is someone continue Nintendo as a company.

Dammit, Darklink1996 you beat me to it! I was also going to post about this once I had found what happened.

Because Iwata's death is a contest. Come on, have some respect for the man; don't treat his death just as something for you to post.

How? When did this start happening? You would think that with all the surgery available AND for a CEO that it would be sorted and prioritized but no … How!?!?!? Ironically what makes it more weird is something similar happened to Steve Jobs near a similar age, I’m not too fond of Mac but do these CEOs take care of themselves???

Did you heard what he died from? It was a bile duct growth (which, from my knowledge is also considered a type of cancer) that killed him. A bile duct growth can be difficult to treat in part of the difficulty of detecting it early.

Last edited:
Well Holy Balls... This is the last thing I had in mind after coming back from my fishing trip. As far as a successor is concerned, I'd imagine it would be someone who's quite high up and experienced. I'm not a heavy gamer nowadays, but this is still quite sad to have read. R.I.P and a big thank you to a true legend with his cheesy humour, his cheeky smile, and his warm heart that really made things bright for everyone. I enjoyed the stuff he did for the Smash 4 directs. His legacy will be remembered for a very long time and the show must go on. It's what he would want us all to do.

Not what I wanted to see as Skype notification when I woke up either.
May your soul rest in peace, Mr. Iwata, and thanks for everything.

The real question about it is, should we worry about Nintendo's future at all because of this?
Because well, Iwata done several things for Nintendo and all, as far as I'm aware...

Well Iwata has sure done a lot for nintendo, he was the one who encouraged the development of the Wii and DS and those are probably Nintendo's most successful consoles. Even before becoming president he worked closely with Nintendo as a member of HAL Laboratory and worked on popular franchises like kirby and Smash Bros.
But as we all know nintendo is a strong company and the actions that Iwata made as president only made the company even stronger.
Thank you Iwata and rest in peace.
(sorry for any mistakes found here)

I'm still honestly in denial about his death. I thought he was healing from this! I thought he'd be up and running soon! It's just not possible...

I only just found this out today. Very sorry to see this, and it comes as a surprise as I didn't even know he was sick.

I wonder what this means for Nintendo, although I don't think they would let this cause harm to Nintendo. I guess Nintendo might be a little more traditional than western companies, but I never got the impression that it was a one-man show. (though I would be very sad to see the company lose Miyamoto and Sakurai as well, regardless)

Iwata's death is certainly tragic and a loss to history. I'm interested in what direction Nintendo will take though, if they'll continue on the sort of path they have been or if we'll see a difference in what kind of games get released and how they handle their systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back