Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix ((Seriously, we're getting it now!))

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
Trailer

Joystiq article regarding KH 1.5 said:
Square Enix has revealed Kingdom Hearts is finally on its way to current-era home consoles. In typical wacky naming fashion for the publisher, the bundle including HD remastered versions of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts - Re:Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days will launch in 2013 under the banner of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix.

No stranger to re-releases, the Kingdom Hearts franchise will further update the PS2 re-release of Chain of Memories – originally a GBA game – to the PS3. Final Mix was a Japanese-exclusive re-release of the first game, which added new content found in the North American version of the game. Though the DS-exclusive 358/2 Days would probably see the most tweaking to get it to land on home consoles, speculation based on a Famitsu report is the PS3 release will only feature remade cutscenes from in the handheld title and not its gameplay.

Additionally, Square Enix revealed a browser-based, online social card game set within the Kingdom Hearts universe, according to the same Famitsu report.

Joystiq has a team in Japan for TGS 2012 – which officially begins tomorrow – and will look to have Square Enix explain exactly what the PS3 bundle includes and whether the company plans to bring it stateside.
========

So putting my slight heart attack to the side and my need to jump up and down in a repetitive state like a school girl who got noticed by that random sempai she was dying to get his attention 10 seasons ago, It would be a poor mistake NOT to localize this out in the west. This game comes bundled with Kingdom hearts Final Mix and KH RE: Chain Of Memories.

Well discuss. . .

EDIT: It's confirmed people. . .We're getting 1.5 Remix!

Last edited:
I only care about 1, 2 and whichever other ones had sora as the main character. They just ruined it by not including him in the other games after 1 and 2.

I only care about 1, 2 and whichever other ones had sora as the main character. They just ruined it by not including him in the other games after 1 and 2.
So basically every game other than 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep - the latter of which, IIRC, is fairly plot-important (and pretty good, anyway).

I'm not sure how they ruined 358/2 days and Birth by Sleep by not including the goofy kid that hung out on an island and had adventures with his animal sidekicks (even though FYI, he still had a minor but relevant role within them). You don't have to like Roxas, Ventus, Terra, or Aqua, but if the game itself offers a better (and more balanced) gameplay system with improved customization, interesting plot that expands on details and even going back to explain the existence of the keyblades and it's wielders , and other goodies, why hate it? Well alright. . .358/2 days was tedious and more of an prototype of an improved gameplay system, but you know what I mean.

The only thing I rather disliked were how separated these games were ((358/2 days on a DS, BBS on the PSP)), but everything else was great. If you don't like them, eh. . .but if you want to know the details better, you should start reading those stories. Point I'm making is. . .they didn't ruin anything, their only purpose were as different perspectives with more information along with newer and improved gameplay.

Last edited:
Truly worthy bump. KH1.5HD may be the only KH thing we get for PS3, but it's the best thing we could get. Knowing it's going all out to the world now makes this so much better. It is a shame we can't have something like BBS on it, and that we're getting only cutscenes from 358/2 Days, but still worth my money.

Just to be clear, is this a remake of 1 and 2, like KH final remix?
And is this only going to be released on PS3?

EDIT: Ignore the second question.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, is this a remake of 1 and 2, like KH final remix?

It's a HD remake of KH1FM, Re:CoM, and a HD set of cutscenes of 358/2 Days which will supposedly add in some new stuff to make it more of a movie.

It's a HD remake of KH1FM, Re:CoM, and a HD set of cutscenes of 358/2 Days which will supposedly add in some new stuff to make it more of a movie.

Basically removing the guff of having to play 358/2 to get the full lore.

That's my only major issue with Kingdom Hearts. There's too much to the story, and it's all out of tangent when you realize you have 2 games that seem to come in between KH1 and KH2, and are both canon and apparently large plot points to it. That always seem to defeat the purpose of having your series numbered. At the least, with this, it'll be easier for me when I finally grasp a copy of KH2 after I play this.

I think they could have fit KH2 on there, it wouldn't be too hard. BBS would be nice.
Not to say I'm not happy. It's good that we're getting the final mix, and in HD! This game is my childhood.

On the topic of KH2, BBS and HD Remixes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HAjibyskPas
maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks to all of your support, Kingdom Hearts has sold more than 20 million units worldwide! In celebration of this, and with absolute pleasure, we’re proud to announce that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch globally in 2014!
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is the follow-up compilation to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and will be available exclusively on PS3. It will include the following goodies:
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on PSP and exclusive to Japan
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD remastered cinematics)
I’m so excited to be able to see all of these games included as a part of this compilation, but personally, the most exciting title may be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix. As many may not have been able to experience its awesomeness, it’s truly one of the more phenomenal games, and now completely rebuilt in HD — you’ll be able to play it on your big-screen TV for the first time.
Lastly, if you didn’t already pick it up, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is available for purchase, now. You might even be able to find the super rare, limited edition that contains the artbook.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch globally in 2014!
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on PSP and exclusive to Japan

YES! YES! FINALLY!

I don't have PSP, so finally I can play Birth by Sleep! Also, getting the final mix version of KH2 will be great.

They aren't fucking around with fake renders anymore.
9Mx8iWA.png

This is from the interactive SD/HD comparison trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back