• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

AmyR Remake WIP (Beta WAD Available!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the changes you made, nitro. Her eyes on the front sprite are a little wide, but other than that the frames are much better. :) I'll add the changes you made to the frames that I have made so far.

Thanks. The only changes I made to the eyes are that I lowered the pupils a pixel or two, nothing big.
EDIT: Now that I think about it though, I might've changed something on the eyes when I was editing her hair.

Ground The Fox said:
You could make her face move while walking

Agreed, (And the sprites look hot too :D *shot for lame fantasies*)
and you should make her hair move when walking/running

Since making walking frames are such a pain for me to do, I went ahead and finished them. (Only took me one day. :D)
AMYStand-1.png

PLAY1-1.png

PLAY2-1.png

PLAY3-1.png

PLAY4-3.png

PLAY5-2.png

Ground The Fox said:
Isn't making the best Amy WAD ever good enough for you! *shot*
Seriously though, that's pretty hard to do and how often do you shake your head left and right while walking?
Speedylizzard14 said:
and you should make her hair move when walking/running
I plan on doing that when I have the time.

Speedylizzard14 said:
(And the sprites look hot too :D *shot for lame fantasies*)
*dodges flying sticky white substance*

Dr.Pepper. Is there any way you could make her move a little differently from Sonic? She does move differently in some games.

I'll Begin said:
Dr.Pepper. Is there any way you could make her move a little differently from Sonic? She does move differently in some games.

How about that "hand up" run she did in Battle? I mean, just a thought, but it might make it look stupid.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ground The Fox said:
Isn't making the best Amy WAD ever good enough for you! *shot*
Seriously though, that's pretty hard to do and how often do you shake your head left and right while walking?

Well, in all Sonic games everyone moves the face while walking, so you could do something like this:

amy.png

_Manic_ said:
The hands look a bit pillow shaded.
(Offtopic) What is pillow shading, and why is it bad? (seriousely, nobody has ever told me)

(Ontoppic) I have two suggestions:
1).A uniqueness you could add, would be that she could have a default melee attack with her hammer (as opposed to ringslinger), even in singleplayer mode. But, she could also pick up weapon rings and use them.

2). Add some more shading to her hair (if the palette allows)

I don't mean to make you have to redo all those walking frames, but I think the walk should be a bit more girly, like in sonic battle.

Amy_Run.gif

Hey guys, I have finished a playable alpha of the Remake! I was bored and had nothing to do today, so I worked on her other frames. I haven't finished all of them, but much of the work is done so far.
srb20015-1.png

srb20014-1.png

srb20013-3.png

srb20012-4.png

You can get it here.
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=6abf8d9a9bfe40e2cc3d97aea42e6fc2
Ground The Fox said:
Well, in all Sonic games everyone moves the face while walking, so you could do something like this:

amy.png
Have you ever played any of the 3D Sonic games, Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 2/3? Nobodys' heads moved like that and would have looked stupid if they did anyway. Besides, the only way to make good looking sprites of her head rotating would be to make a new head for every frame. It would look nice, but I don't have half a year to work on it.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
I don't mean to make you have to redo all those walking frames, but I think the walk should be a bit more girly, like in sonic battle.

Amy_Run.gif
That's a good idea.
Right now, I'm just trying to remake your original AmyR WAD. After that, I'll focus on making Amy the way I want her to be. Making her walk like she does in SB is a good idea nitro, I'll do that after the AmyR remake.
zck2020 said:
(Offtopic) What is pillow shading, and why is it bad? (seriousely, nobody has ever told me)

(Ontoppic) I have two suggestions:
1).A uniqueness you could add, would be that she could have a default melee attack with her hammer (as opposed to ringslinger), even in singleplayer mode. But, she could also pick up weapon rings and use them.

2). Add some more shading to her hair (if the palette allows)
Remember the shading on the Egg Man Nega mecha you made me? That's pillow shading, and pillow shading isn't bad in my opinion.
1) That sounds like a good idea, but how would I make her do a melee attack and spindash?
2) I would add more shading if I had room on the sprites for them, particularly the front sprites.

zck2020 said:
_Manic_ said:
The hands look a bit pillow shaded.

It's.. a shading. EX: Shading all sides of her hands going from one color to the next. Shading all of her hands with all shades.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ground The Fox said:

amy.png
Have you ever played any of the 3D Sonic games, Sonic Battle, Sonic Advance 2/3? Nobodys' heads moved like that and would have looked stupid if they did anyway. Besides, the only way to make good looking sprites of her head rotating would be to make a new head for every frame. It would look nice, but I don't have half a year to work on it.

No you don't. You only have to flip the first four frames to make the last 4 frames for the front and back, and remake her hair so it doesn't look so obvious that you flipped the frame around. Simple, isn't it?

Besides, why don't you have half a year to do this? Are you setting a deadline? What's wrong with taking half a year to do that anyway? Most good character WADs take a long time to make.

And anyway, her walking style won't fit with the other characters' walking style (except for Knuckles, until 1.1 of course), and I think that goes for Blaze as well.

Yeah, making good character wads takes forever. I've been working hard on the Crypto wad for three or four days and have only gotten a few frames done.You're doing an awesome job though.

EDIT: I just tried the release, and the character pic = gross. You kind of cheaped out on that, but everything else is awesome. But character pics are very important to a good character wad. It is the first impression of the wad that the player ever sees. It needs to look as good as or even better that the sprites of the wad.

amy2charsw8.png

This is not a good first impression. Nor is it an example of what you're capable of. (Plus it's a Sonic Character pic recolor) I guess I'm saying that it needs to be better. Everything else is fine.

Dr.Pepper said:
Ground The Fox said:

amy.png
nitro_the_hedghog said:

Uh, I forgot some games, but in SRB2 Sonic and Tails move the head while walking, knuckles don't move because isn't complete, anyway it's a good wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back