Srb2 virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, we're all infected. On December 21st 2012 it will activate, completely destroying all computers with SRB2 on them, as well as any electronic devices nearby. It will even attack all nearby credit cards, and steal their numbers.

No. Or at least McAfee says no O.o

Unless your computer counts cookies as viruses (is that the plural for virus?), which I think the forums use sometimes. I may be wrong though.

My post serves a greater purpose than sarcastic humor. If SRB2 contained a virus, the thousands of people who have it would be infected, and this community wouldn't be as alive as it is.

From what I understand, some antivirus software thinks anything that uses encryption is a virus, just ignore it, it's nothing.

Draykon said:
From what I understand, some antivirus software thinks anything that uses encryption is a virus, just ignore it, it's nothing.

Hey, I did that once.

Never treated "false positives" the same ever again.

Well I've played Srb2 for more than a year, on several computers, and never got any sort of virus and it didn't trouble my computer at all.

I lol'd

light the elementa said:
Draykon are you lying? I hope you are because if you are not, I will wipe everything of SRB2 out of my computer before that day.

He's lying. SRB2 doesn't contain a virus. Also, I think you might want to read this.

Arrow said:
Q. Why is my antivirus program saying there's a virus in my SRB2 exe? Is there?

A. No there is not. Some antivirus and antispyware checkers (Pest Patrol is a good example) see a program that uses encryption of any type and get paranoid when they can't tell what exactly is encrypted (if anything), and will treat it like a trojan, regardless of whether it is or not. And it's not. So tell your virus checker to ignore any SRB2 files in the future and you won't have any more problems.

Aside from SRB2 itself, the potential for wad viruses (as in a wad that abuses an exploit in the code to inject a virus) does exist, it's just that no one (to my knowledge) has tried to use it yet.

I think is it pretty clear to everyone here, now, that SRB2 has absolutely no viruses whatsoever...

SRB2 JTE is loaded with the buggers.

Ryan said:
Aside from SRB2 itself, the potential for wad viruses (as in a wad that abuses an exploit in the code to inject a virus) does exist, it's just that no one (to my knowledge) has tried to use it yet.

Will it spam green sonics across the screen and crash your server everytime you host it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back