Betterexit, a better alternative to playersforexit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacker

Metallic
A small script I made because I felt vanilla's playersforexit was somewhat lacking.

Features:
You can choose to exit the level when 1 quarter, half, or 3 quarters of players have beaten the level!
Players who are AFK don't get counted towards the number of players required to complete a level!
Visual indicator to tell you that someone is AFK!

Also make sure you set Playersforexit to all when you want to use the features of this, as playersforexit will still take precedent over this script.

Commands:
Betterexit - Determines how many quarters of players need to finish to end the level.
AFKEnabled - Disable or enable the AFK features.
AFKTime - Sets how long it takes to to have someone automatically become AFK. Set to 0 to disable automatically AFKing.
AFK - Manually make yourself AFK or un-AFK.
Restarting - Enable or disable the ability to "Restart".
Restart - After beating a level you can use this to play after finishing, while keeping your finish counted! While in this mode you gain invulnerability to everything that wouldn't instantly kill you, and if you do get killed by something that instantly kills you, you won't lose a life. You also clip through most objects, such as rings and monitors. Unfortunately this includes springs, which means Sonic is unable to go some places whilst in this mode.

Changelogs:
UPDATE 2.0: Added commands Restarting and Restart, fixed the "Away.." graphic remaining after players leave, no longer puts a message in others' chats when you go AFK due to people abusing this feature.

UPDATE 1.1: Fixed some extraneous behavior with the afk graphics as well as some other things. Should definitely get this update if you host with this because there was some script-breaking stuff I accidentally left in.

Attachments

• betterexitv2.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Since this has been sitting around in Submissions waiting for multiplayer judging, and that clearly hasn't happened yet, I at least loaded the script to see if it ran and it does. Welcome to Releases.

Oh my god, just what i was complaining about weeks ago here (3rd line) , betterexit is certainly much better than playersforexit , Thank you for making this .

I really hate now nobody ever bothered to create a script that'll allow certain numbers of users to complete the level in the past. I hope this'll be used by every host out there! (Well, co-op hosts at least)

Hmm, a possible addition arises: For levels with multiple exits, could you add the feature of allowing a vote to occur as to which exit is taken? Something else to work with that would be a way to reach the exit and be counted, before being able to go back through the level and do more things, including switch the exit you want to take, but that might take more effort.

Over all, I feel this is a wonderful concept, and I hope to see more servers using it in the future.

Updated to 1.1 because I accidentally forgot to fix something totally script breaking. Whoops. Also, Nomekop, those ideas sound wonderful! I'll see what I can do about being able to still move after finishing while keeping your exit counted, as that sounds like a marvelous idea. I'd also like to look into that multiple exit thing, but I feel as though things could become too broad once you get to levels that have ~20 different exits on levels like srb2hub, and I'm not sure how I could handle that. Maybe I'll look into having the exit with the most players count...

I really hate now nobody ever bothered to create a script that'll allow certain numbers of users to complete the level in the past

I Suppose it's because the game didn't allow Lua modifications back then .

Updated to 2.0 to include the ability to explore levels after clearing, while keeping your exit saved. See first post for commands regarding this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back