Preperations for newcomers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Once ME comes out, there will probably be a lot of newcomers and I know we already have the announcement on it and such, but don't you think we should do more than just be nice? Maybe have a tutorials sections with images showing how to work Doombuilder and XWE and how to draw and shade appropriately or even have a little image or some text reminding people to read the rules. Maybe even direct the new members to the introduce yourself topic.
Do you guys agree or have any other things that might help?

I agree with all of these. We should guide the new people in a good direction to becoming intelligent forum goers to avoid problems in the future and bans.

I started making a set of video tutorials for SRB2 Doom Builder months ago. I think I'll start back up on that again.

Chisuun said:
I started making a set of video tutorials for SRB2 Doom Builder months ago. I think I'll start back up on that again.

Video Tutorials are great, and more then the newcomers can use them.

This is a great idea. The only issue I have is that this should have been done a long time ago. If everyone were to seriously act like this, our forum would have a good chance at crawling out of the toilet that is filled with feces.

Fyrus said:
I vote we have "No Recolors" as an announcement in the Characters section.
...Along WITH the MB's definition of a recolor, as to avoid "wtf y lok my topik????" threads from popping up.

I could probably make a few tutorials on like how to shade, how not to shade, the difference between a bad character wad and a good one, etc.

Ezer.Arch said:
Revamping Srb2.org site would be a good start. :>

Nahh, I rather like that old site smell.

I kidd. An updated version of the site would make less 2K like in apperance.

The website will get a revamp as and when it does, if anyone wishes to try and make a design, go for it, just remember that I am a picky bastard and won't take something you did in 5 minutes in Photoshop.

No need to stick to the design of the MB, or the current design.

PSDs please.

Lol, apparently, the administrators DO have a sense of humor after all! *snipped*

Anyway, yes, it would be a good idea to have a tutorial forum, because, as we know it, some people are very lazy and can't go to the Wiki by themselves (A.K.A. By going to Google and typing "srb2 wiki").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back