[Open Assets] [SRB2 Riders] D00D Kart 64 - Mario Kart Level Pack!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, good times...

Which reminds me that I neve rposted this particular shot because I never had an excuse to do so. Well, screw that, here it is:

icfWs.png

Taken from Zarro's serv.

i swear this screen would be perfect if cyan wasnt so weird with shading

Ah yes, good times...

Which reminds me that I neve rposted this particular shot because I never had an excuse to do so. Well, screw that, here it is:

icfWs.png

Taken from Zarro's serv.

i swear this screen would be perfect if cyan wasnt so weird with shading
Oh gee, who's that great looking lavender Shadow drifting in the left corner? Hmmm. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, isn't this that picture you took when we received that horrid join lag that one time?

Oh yeah, isn't this that picture you took when we received that horrid join lag that one time?

Yes. This is the one time Join Lag that harsh was beneficial.

Anyways, I have great news: Blade has given me permits for adding TWO of his maps! Desert Hills (DS Port) and Forgotten Ruins (Guest Cup)

amY8Y.png

I personally didn't care much for Desert Hills, but hey, lets not look a gift horse in the mouth, since this port follows the same port method for the other ports, ensuring accuracy.

k41c7.png

But lets be honest, this is the REAL star here. Forgotten Ruins is another great Kart map to add to the Guest Cup, and while Blade required me to get the instrumental of Back in Time (Sonic R) to play by default, the original lyrical version can be accessed by "TUNES 719" in the next music update.

But dont be fooled, this is still MY mod! MINE! MIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

And to REMIND you that this mod is MINE and COMPLETELY NOT BLADE'S OR SIMS' OR REDENCHILADAS' OR DERPY'S BUT MINE, I have prepared this visual reminder for you so you KNOW this mod is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

3xFSp.png

See? Its got my name in it and everything, so MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE.

but this totally isnt going to stop me from grabbing other peoples maps and such
hehehe

Last edited:
Oh, by the way D00D, I have a small favor.
Do you think you could please add the cup titles to EVERY level? Not just the first ones in the cup?

Oh, by the way D00D, I have a small favor.
Do you think you could please add the cup titles to EVERY level? Not just the first ones in the cup?

Eh? Every map has the cup name in the subtitle. You mean for the script? I'd imagine that getting very messy...

While I wait for the current version to sink in and let the bugs get loose, I decided to fix the bugs in some of the vanilla Kart maps. Mainly, fixing grass, making Luigi Circuit GCN actually play the Circuit GCN tune, cutting slime trails and adding a new tune in Peach's Castle, giving Battleship Halbird a new tune and fixing its sidedefs, and actually making Azure City playable (fixed checkpoints, adding a SUPER needed roadblock).

2Fr9r.png

Seriously, why was this NOT done in the first place?

In addition, I took Peach's Castle and converted it to Battle mode!

5ju7Y.png

It may not seem like I did much, but as you go through the castle and its courtyard, you'll thank me for the changes. After all, since someone made a far better port of Block Fort than my 40 minute effort (or lack thereof), I gotta make it up with SOMETHING.

DYWhR.png

sZu9a.png

Pipes make quick transit from the back of the castle to the front yard easy.
(Yes I fixed the pipes so it doesn't look like you run into a wall)

DCJMi.png

Stairs and springs also make it possible to access the castle roof.

wvrgw.png

Fences actually act like fences now, bouncing Green Shells around.

Cover has also been added around the emptier parts of the level, but not so much that is difficult to get around.

It's a real shame there's no battle mode yet. I'd love to test this out myself...

I ask that you please leave my maps alone, I've got stuff in store for them.

33k7i52.png

Last edited:
I ask that you please leave my maps alone, I've go stuff in store for them.

*snip*

Alright, I have cleared the wad of your maps. Just make sure that things like the Mario Circuit finish line not going up to the brick wall and such are fixed up too you know. Stuff like that is easy to miss.

Alright guys, I decided to port another stage...

AND ITS NOT FROM A MARIO KART TITLE

I wanna see you just TRY to guess what I'm porting from. Don't bother posting, just think of what games this map could POSSIBLY come from. Go on, GUESS.

...Got what you believe to be the answer?

bJmAm.png

...Not whatever the hell YOU were thinking of, I bet!
(Floor texture subject to change)

I know you like to make 90 degree turns, but Jesus Christ, this will be ridiculous!

Alright guys, I decided to port another stage...

AND ITS NOT FROM A MARIO KART TITLE

I wanna see you just TRY to guess what I'm porting from. Don't bother posting, just think of what games this map could POSSIBLY come from. Go on, GUESS.

...Got what you believe to be the answer?

bJmAm.png

...Not whatever the hell YOU were thinking of, I bet!
(Floor texture subject to change)

Never thought of that being in your level pack. I haven't played that game in a while. Can't wait to see it in your level pack.

2.0 IS NOW UP!

5 new maps have been added:

Ported maps:
Desert Hills (DS) [Thanks to Blade!]
Retro Maze (Pac-Man World Rally)

Battle Maps:
Peach's Castle (Battle Ver.)

Guest maps:
Forgotten Ruins (Blade)
Blue Mountain (Chrome) NOTE: This replaces Map22, DK Cavern. Since that was also made by Chrome, think of Blue Mountain as an improved version. Kinda.

On TOP of that, I also updated the current Riders' kart levels. Not only do they all play opening flourishes, but some have also been improved! Don't forget they exist underneath all the other maps DKart provides!

The menus have also been redone with slightly changed graphics and the removal of all non-kart maps in Multiplayer (since Karts are all this mod does anyway), making the Level Select MUCH easier to move around. other D00D Kart maps were also fixed up.

So what are you waiting for? GO DOWNLOAD NOW!

also i hit the image limit for the main post
oops

Last edited:
I hosted another netgame. QUICK, MATCH THE NAME TO THE PLAYER;

srb20038.png

As you can tell, we never have the attention span to play a whole netgame with actual racing. We also played a bit of Lovely Night, and once you figure out the course, it isn't too bad. Not my first choice for a course to time attack though. This one was also quite short, so we didn't do much in the way of funny business. I set the items to Lightning Only on a few rounds, though. Great fun.

I swear, I'll stop posting these so often. I just like documenting fun netgames.

Ok I'll label them quick!

Brown hedgehog - Scootaloo
Yellow hedgehog - Kyllian1212
Cyan-karted rabbit - D00D64
Army fox - Charyb
Purple cat - Hinote

Done :)

I'm downloading this pack in every update because somehow I can't miss them. It's quite a nice pack, D00D, keep up with the work!

This level pack is extraordinary!
scaled.php

Though, a few places did feel a little 'derpy'...
No, literally.

scaled.php
scaled.php

Ahh, spending a fine race day crowded at a toasty fireplace with Derpy Hooves...

Last edited:
HEY KIDS HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE WE HAD A NEW MAP THAT ISNT A PORT OR MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE

...about a week?

2AluF.png

TOO LONG

So here's a barely descriptive teaser image. If a picture is worth a thousand words, most of these words would be ellipses. But hey, its an Eagle Cup course, so you know it'll be hard! It's gonna be the first Eagle Cup in the order though, so it wont be as death pit heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back