[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very glad you updated this thank you. Also, some of the Tag and Hide and Seek levels say "There's not enough starts in this map" when you load them.

What? he's suppose to have loaded. I've just ran a check in SRB2 Doobuilder and SRB2 and he loads.

Try another save and see if he spawns in the SRB2 museum

Last edited:
Actually, it worked when I loaded the game without the custom character I was using (Rosy) and he was still there when I added her after I had already booted the game. Strange...

For me, Greenflower Act 1 (ver. 1.1 - 1.4) won't load the level, only the archives message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Glaber, I beat greenflower, the beta quest, and the halloween tech demo with all 7 emeralds, but the only exhibits I have are Greenflower, Beta quest, halloween tech, and christmas demo, is there anything i'm doing wrong?

If you have all the 7 chaos emeralds the CEZ door should open if your beside it.

Thanks.

Also glaber, how do i get the other exhibits in the level room? all i have is greenflower, christmas demo, halloween tech demo, beta quest, and castle eggman, but none of the other doors open.

Thanks.

Also glaber, how do i get the other exhibits in the level room? all i have is greenflower, christmas demo, halloween tech demo, beta quest, and castle eggman, but none of the other doors open.

None of the other doors open because the levels that are supposed to be behind them aren't finished yet. And no, using noclip won't help either because the areas behind the doors don't have an exit sector so you won't get sent anywhere.

Oh, and to glaber, why didn't you use tunes 99 in BQ DSZ1? That is the music used in the original DSZ1, just put on MIDI music and listen to tunes 99 and you'll hear.

Last edited:
Actually, I was wrong. 1.09.4 Eggman actually freezes in the museum if I add Rosy while in the museum, and doesn't appear at all while she's loaded otherwise (I was looking in the wrong exhibit. =p). So, it's not fixed, and Rosy is stuck in the 1.09.4 arc of GreenFlower...

Actually, it worked when I loaded the game without the custom character I was using (Rosy) and he was still there when I added her after I had already booted the game. Strange...
she might be conflicting with 1.09.4 robotnik then. This mod uses alot of custom thing and state slots.

---------- Post added 07-05-2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-04-2012 at 11:37 PM ----------

None of the other doors open because the levels that are supposed to be behind them aren't finished yet. And no, using noclip won't help either because the areas behind the doors don't have an exit sector so you won't get sent anywhere.
This is correct, All ehibits that are avaiable have a sign next to them to Identify them. In Castle Eggman's case, it has a requirement on its sign for how to unlock the door.

Oh, and to glaber, why didn't you use tunes 99 in BQ DSZ1? That is the music used in the original DSZ1, just put on MIDI music and listen to tunes 99 and you'll hear.
actually the choice was based upon the default ogg file. In digital mode, tunes 99 is a remix of the Midi with extra bits thrown in and a lack of proper looping.

Though next update, I'll make a copy of the midi of that slot so the remix doesn't play.

It doesn't work. It will only give me a rar file with no IWAD or PWAD id/data/whatever.

Will you be updating your wad anytime soon? I am curious of what the other doors lead to that say, "Exhibit coming soon".

I still have yet to understand the sense in deleting all of these maps instead of revamping them considering SRB2 lacks a variety of maps.

Because 90% of them are too horrible and needed redoing, along with the fact that actual quality maps take time (wanna wait another 10+ years, I thought so).

Edit: though, I would want to see a recreated Hidden Palace Zone with today's mapping standards by the devs.

Last edited:
Because 90% of them are too horrible and needed redoing, along with the fact that actual quality maps take time (wanna wait another 10+ years, I thought so).

Edit: though, I would want to see a recreated Hidden Palace Zone with today's mapping standards by the devs.

I guess you kind of have a point. But wouldn't it also make sense to pull some maps from people's wad files? SRB2 seriously lacks 1 player / coop maps. SRB2 is still missing Red Volcano Acts 2 and 3, Castle Egg Man Acts 2 and 3, Blue Mountain Acts 2 and 3 (Act 1 isn't even close to finished), Arid Canyon Acts 2 and 3, PLUS there are other maps that have yet to be converted to 2.0 such as Rocky Mountain Zone or Mine Maze Zone. I hope you realize all of the maps I mentioned except for Rocky Mountain Zone and Mine Maze Zone were already created in various wad files and it would make sense if STJR just took the creators maps and added them into the game.

SRB2 is still missing Red Volcano Acts 2 and 3, Castle Egg Man Acts 2 and 3, Blue Mountain Acts 2 and 3 (Act 1 isn't even close to finished), Arid Canyon Acts 2 and 3, PLUS there are other maps that have yet to be converted to 2.0 such as Rocky Mountain Zone or Mine Maze Zone.
CEZ2 is already in the game. Blue Mountain Zone doesn't even exist (map17 is just an experiment for the second act of Red Volcano that was ultimately scrapped). Rocky Mountain Zone and Mine Maze Zone have long been scrapped and replaced by Arid Canyon Zone.

I hope you realize all of the maps I mentioned except for Rocky Mountain Zone and Mine Maze Zone were already created in various wad files and it would make sense if STJR just took the creators maps and added them into the game.
No, that wouldn't make sense at all. None of these user-made maps are anywhere near as good as the official SRB2 maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back