[Open Assets] Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (SC_SRB2thepast1.01.wad + Mutiplayer and bonus)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
This mod is the 2.0 version and as such will have errors in 2.1.11
An update is currently in the works.

Welcome To the Past. If you ever played Mystic Realm and earned enough emblems to unlock the Archives, SRB2TP is essentially the same thing for the main game. The mod is suppose to cover from SRB2 TGF up to SRB2 2.0.5.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpwarse9as03p83 Full combo (Pack size: 138.98MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9cpiqeaw638989 Mutiplayer only (57.33MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a87etoj916bo7tk single Player only (81.65MB)

Added in this version:
SRB2 Museum Hub world now available
All versions of Green Flower up to 2.0.5 now available
All versions of Castle eggman up to 2.0.5 now available
Save system now works with all levels accessed via the SRB2 Museum Hub world.
Beta Quest featuring 2 secret levels (Special Thanks to SNN Tails for providing the levels for public download)
Proper Eggmobiles for each version of the boss fight
Christmas Hunt zone
sonic's nightmare now has an emblem for just Sonic alone. a reward for completing the level as him.

All multiplayer levels are now split into a separate megawad, complete with divided rotations for each version

The Red Volcano entry method no longer kills you and will also no longer break the unlockable system

All levels, outside of beta quest, are now grouped by name or theme

Known Bugs
1. Spelling?
2. 1.09.4 Eggman does not spawn jet fumes
3. Hidden Palace's Floor lights don't function as they did in demo 2
4. Some levels in beta quest (Sky Fortress) will get you stuck if something goes wrong. (Save system properly works so reloading should work)
5. May not work properly with custom characters (a bug that can only be fixed upon SRB2 version 2.1)

A. the Debut Castle Eggman Red XVI secret doesn't boot you out with a custom error message. Oh, wait. That not a bug.

Screens
srb20062-3.png

srb20061-2.png

srb20125.png

srb20121-1.png

srb20126.png

srb20074-2.png

To get to this location, find a hidden fake wall in the caves of the mountain.

srb20072-1.png

To get to this location, the doorway will open when the crusher begins. But go too far and the level ends.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpwarse9as03p83 Full combo (Pack size: 138.98MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9cpiqeaw638989 Mutiplayer only (57.33MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a87etoj916bo7tk single Player only (81.65MB)
The wads in a Rar file (too big for the attachment system.)

As SRB2 heads to the future, SRB2 The Past shall continue to cronicle the history.

Next version to include:
Techno Hill exhibit
Boss Rush
Prototype for special Stage Challenge featuring the TGF set (Maybe,)
Concept Art Hall
TGF Stages

Last edited:
...Any particular reason WHY I had to restart my savefile? I had all the emmys and emblems, and you KNOW how annoying SS4 is.

Also, meeting the Debut Castle Eggman unlock doesn't open up the Secrets menu.

And why is Meadow Match up there, and WHY is Techno Hill Act 2 music playing? Heck, what's with ANY of the music choices? Did STj really make ANY of those choices? I know about Zero Ring, but still, what's up with the tunes? And WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE SONIC DOOM ICE CAP ZONE FOR MATCH? Really Glaber, REALLY? I mean, what's the point of it for MATCH? Why not just have it as a side level in secrets? You could just force first person via script, if that's the issue (Never played Sonic Doom, so I wouldn't know).

Also, Arid Canyon and (the new) Red Volcano appear in the Coop/Race level select, Mine Maze is up there too, but of course it crashes the game.

I knew I forgot something. The known bugs section.

...Any particular reason WHY I had to restart my savefile? I had all the emmys and emblems, and you KNOW how annoying SS4 is.

No idea, beta 2 and 3 are suppose to use the same dat file. Might be SRB2 itself, I don't know if this is true with the other level packs.

Also, meeting the Debut Castle Eggman unlock doesn't open up the Secrets menu.

And why is Meadow Match up there, and WHY is Techno Hill Act 2 music playing? Heck, what's with ANY of the music choices? Did STj really make ANY of those choices? I know about Zero Ring, but still, what's up with the tunes?
The music used was already there in their respective slots when STjr made these levels for Demo 3, The Meadow Match Zone I put in was the Demo 3 version. If you compare it to the current version, you would see the difference in the rings.

And WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE SONIC DOOM ICE CAP ZONE FOR MATCH? Really Glaber, REALLY? I mean, what's the point of it for MATCH? Why not just have it as a side level in secrets? You could just force first person via script, if that's the issue (Never played Sonic Doom, so I wouldn't know).
I should warn you now, all SD2 levels will have Match support. They WILL even brake off onto their own rotation so that you don't play them if you don't want to.

Also, Arid Canyon and (the new) Red Volcano appear in the Coop/Race level select, Mine Maze is up there too, but of course it crashes the game.

Mine Maze showing up was due to laziness on the Level header of the TGF level. The other official levels showing up is due to not adding hidden to their headers and not yet replacing them.

Last edited:
Ah, more bugs:

Collecting two emblems gets me the Unlocked Sonic Into Dreams (Of curse, this is a reoccurring thing wit no fix as of yet), BUT while it DOES open up secrets, I still don't see Debut Castle Eggman up there, mainly because Id din't meet the requirement, but the game STILL said I did upon completing the game. I'll beat it again and see if the unlockables activate.

Also, wouldn't it be MANY times better if went from Castle Eggman to other unlockables? There's only so many unlockables you can squeeze out of Castle Eggman.

So um.

I had a nearly complete save as Sonic. 4 Emeralds, and level select was unlocked. Then I went through CEZ2 to get the emeralds, and I got them all, and then I quit on CEZ3. Then I went to go back to the save file, and it said that I was at Robotnirock (which imo is a way better name than eggrock) and it took me to ERZ3, except it was named Robotnirock 3. However, it consistently sigsegvs upon reaching pinch mode, whereas normally it only occasionally sigsegvs.

Also, even though the save has 7 emeralds, Debut CEZ was still not unlocked.

That save file bug is something new on me, not the one involving RobotniRock 3, the one where the save does not carry over. I never encountered that in all my tests.

2lbjmgp.jpg

Insert some words here. (Yes, I had a old save file of SRB2TP, used it, and well, you know...)

I must have moved the file, I guess.

ANYWAYS

For some reason, the FIRST time I beat the game, it wasn't recorded, but every other time was fine. But getting all the emblems unlocks EVERYTHING. Of course, they just take you to Castle Eggman.

OOps, I did. And I totally forgot I did. Sorry.

Anyone find the hidden map?

Last edited:
LightSpeed X was talking about what he quoted. Not what you were talking about.

If you think you can persuade them to donate any of the levels you spoke about, go ahead. Just don't expect them to just willingly hand out early unreleased copies of the levels to anyone who asks. I don't.

Last edited:
Any plans on reinplementing the old match system? You could put all of the new weapons besides bounce ring, which would become the homing ring.

Scatter-Rail... *Evil grin*

Unless you know someone who can turn this into an exe mod that's willing to help, nope. Of couse, there would be the little matter of the World of Pain on SD2 maps.

Unless you know someone who can turn this into an exe mod that's willing to help, nope. Of couse, there would be the little matter of the World of Pain on SD2 maps.
At that point, why not just run 1.09.4? It does exactly what you want, after all.

It would still need resources from 2.0 for what Sonic Shadow wants. An exe mod was never in the cards anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back