• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (Construction Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
SRB2 The Past is basicly an Archives mod for SRB2 ME. Even though ME isn't due until Saturday, I started collecting the maps early so as to get a jump on things. No things have been soced into the mod yet as I'm waiting to be able to mess with the new system.

Currently this mod is a WIP and the plan is to cover the following:
Multiplayer maps from past versions (Edit: this includes Match, CTF, Tag, Chaos, and Race)
Earlier versions of Green flower, Techno Hill, and Castle Eggman
The SRB2 Teck Demo in all its cramptness
Srb2 Christmas demo .98
and a recreation of SRB2 TGF in 2d mode. Complete with Special Stages based off of the TGF set

1.09.4 Beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?wycytitdydn
2.0 Beta1: http://www.mediafire.com/?yyidmnlmyt5

Screens: (The bigger one is due to running in full screen on my current monitor)
srb20072.png

Castle Eggman
srb20059-1.png

Premiere Castle Eggman from demo 4.0

Edit. 2.0 beta now up.
Any one know how to fix a complete save file with less than 7 emeralds sending you to EggRock after you get the 7th emerald?

Last edited:
I may need help figuring out how to have several sets of Special stages available. If that's possible, the sets of Past Special Stages will be added as well and not just 1.09.4's set.

EDIT:

2.0 beta to appear when I can figure out SRB2 2.0.

Bring Up My Post. I got an update:
The 1.09.4 beta makes its way into 2.0 as Castle Eggman from the previous version is now fully functional, sans Red XVI. Emblems are found using their old 1.09.4 locations and each stage available so far has its own Archive card. Okay, so it's just the one background.

srb20030.png

srb20027.png

srb20031.png

srb20050.png

srb20054.png

srb20056.png

srb20055.png

I've heard some concerns that the match mode maps I plan on porting won't really work with 2.0. That doesn't matter for this mod. The point of this mod is not to really update the maps like SRB2 Christmas or SRB2 Halloween 2008. The point is more like Mystic Realm's Archives unlockable, A window as to where SRB2 has come from in a "working" form. Each Match mode map will have commentary in single player mode only, in match mode the maps are treated as match mode maps. (Done by using different map slots)

The plan is that each match mode map in single player will be treated as emerald hunt stages, the same applies for CTF.

Each map is being converted manually, without the converter script, to get a better handling on SRB2 2.0's rearrangement of thing types, linedefs, and new handling of sector types. The hardest Challenge for this mod, though, will be remaking the levels from SRB2 TGF. (Good thing I still have that program)

Looking good so far, but why are those textures red? They arn't in the current version, I assume? Well, whatever the case, I am so playing this the second I get it. It's like strolling through a museum of sorts.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have the old Demo 4, would you?

...You WILL do Zero Ring Zone soon, right?

...RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?

But on a more serious note, yeah, I'll definitely keep my eye on this one. I always wanted to try some of the old demos, and this is about as close as I'll get. I just wish I found the History section on the main site BEFORE it was cleaned out...

I'll look forward to SRB2 TGF. I've never played that game, nor have I seen any screenshots regarding it.

Reread the post with the CEZ pictures. The info you're looking for is after the pictures.

plzplzplz do Zero Ring zone.
You're doing old unlockables too, right?

I'll look forward to SRB2 TGF. I've never played that game, nor have I seen any screenshots regarding it.

If I remember correctly it looks almost like SRB1, from that one time I played it. I don't think it'd be possible to put in though.

Subtitles have been added and the Old Crawla sprites have been brought back in. Though they need work on going through all their frames.

srb20003.png

srb20008.png

srb20011-1.png

Unfortunately I can't label the Special Stages the same way as it appears that title cards have been disabled for special stages.

I see what you did there, Sonic Robo Blast 2 the Past, lol
But awesome, I will definitely play this.

Is this really necessary? What's the point of compiling old levels if you could just get the old versions? (Not that I would need this old bunch of crap anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back