Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In CEZ, maybe there could be a room with a platform that changes you to first person shooter mode (like the transition from 3D to 2D, but now its 3d to FPS). In front of you is a shooting range with moving sonic signs and robot signs. When you shoot enough sonics, a door opens that has a few prizes like a 1up or emerald token, but shooting a robot sign closes off the shooting range. When you move off of the platform, you return to regular movement.

Its just a thought I had, but if it can't work its okay.

That's a good idea, but it might not be in CEZ if it was used; CEZ is going to be totally different in the new version.

Frames for Slow Fall, it would be better than just use the falling sprites, and a thing for the S_SKIN named

Code:
slowfallanims = X

ALLOWSKINCHANGE <boolean>

Different from FORCESKIN (that forces all players to use the character that the server is using), this variable allows/disallows players to change skin during the game.

Okay, here's a DEFINITE thing we need for SRB2ME: The ability to download larger files from the Master Server. The only files we can download at the moment are really tiny, and it would make it a lot easier to join netgames with lots of WADs.

Ezer.Arch said:
ALLOWSKINCHANGE <boolean>

Different from FORCESKIN (that forces all players to use the character that the server is using), this variable allows/disallows players to change skin during the game.
SKIN PLAYER <value>
Along with his suggestion, this would force a certain player to use a certain skin. This could be useful if you wanted someone to not thok all over the place in Race mode, while disallowing them to whine as much as with FORCESKIN.

I would like to see vertically oriented current sectors so that Tails has a bit of an advantage in race mode.

Spin-boost- the Race mode enhancer
In race mode, the Spin-boost ability gives the chance to start spindashing while the numbers appear.
If you stop spinning before 1, your accel is greatly enhanced.
Pressing spindash JUST after GO! gives a big Spin-boost.
If you hold down Spindash and release on GO!, you are propelled forward slightly faster then an average 3- second hold spindash, but not much.
If you hold down Spindash and don't release on GO!, you are propelled forward very slowly in your hurt frame. You stand up and regain control after a second.
If your character has spin=0 in their S_SKIN, they will be in their running frames instead, indicating a Super-Peelout.
All of these Spin-boosts only last for a second, 2 seconds at most.
Inspired by Sonic Unleashed, based on one of the few good things that came from this wreck train of a game.

The Thok Dispute- Yay or Nay for Race?
Recently, otherwise GOOD (Sometimes not even this) levels have been classed as Thok-fests, levels where Sonic is king and Thokking is common. Should we keep the Thok for race? Some people are asking. I say, Nay. This not be good. Maybe replace in Race with a Double-jump? This would be fine. Also, maybe have Tails/Knuckles- paths for Race levels? This would further remove the danger that is Thok-fests.

~Tapika

A sector type that works only in Co-op mode and ends the level when every sector of that type has at least one player inside it.

@BlueZero: Take that idea and add audio for the tap-dancing.

I was thinking of a Sound Test menu which appears when you finish the game, because trying to find the music through Tunes is kind of hard. Maybe you have it all the time but only have GFZ1, GFZ2 and the boss music then you can unlock more by finding tracks or listening to it in game. Or just go with the very first idea. =P

A special-move key that can be changed via control options. When you push the key the player changes its current state to a statenumber that is defined by a new S_SKIN entry.

Let's say this key is ctrl by default, just as an example.
Code:
SPECIALMOVE = 1700
Pushing ctrl will change the character's current state to statenumber 1700.
Code:
SPECIALMOVE = 0
Might disable this function for the character.

This way enhanced special-moves for characters would be possible to create without breaking other characters.

Show every official current build on the Downloads page on the main website. (Windows, Mac, and Linux right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back