Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few ideas for the game:

- EDIT: a new menu. And in game you will see wich music is playing.

- A sound test mode(yes, with unlockables)

- A music zone(like sound test but with music)

- An menu for autodownloading WADs

- The SRB2 Planet(a mixture of SA City and SRB2Live)

- EDIT: skins for game

- Crazy mode: in some levels you will have some seconds to pass a checkpoint

- A WAD library in the game for adding WADs without console or exit the game.

- SuperSonic mode. In last levels Sonic will be SuperSonic with this rules:
- Starting with a few rings, every second is worst a ring. If no rings Sonic dies.
- A normal level, but Speed Thok will be more powerful and Sonic will run more.

- The King Shield: enemies will escape from Sonic and you will win 50 rings, but if you try to get any other ring with more than 50 rings you will see text: The King doesn't need any more Ring! Possible color: purple

Sonic abilities: Drifting like in some actual Sonic games.

EDIT: some ideas are here: http://marcsances.googlepages.com/SRB2FINALMSSCONCEPTIDEAS.jpg and for The King Shield at: http://marcsances.googlepages.com/pshield.PNG

Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:
How about team turrets for CTF? It coult cost about 100 rings to build, 5 hits to destroy, and can be used to repel intruders.

Here is a picture to show what I mean.

The blue boxed area could be the sector that the turret can be built on. In the picture, the turret is blue and would shoot at red players.
If this is implemented, then make it so you can cap without the flag being at your base, because otherwise, we would have many stalemates, and in stalemates, everyone loses.

I don't see how this can cause more stalemates. Like I said, in the picture, the turret is blue, so it would only shoot red players. Also, the turrets CAN be destroyed, it isn't very easy to build one, and they won't be too hard to avoid. Maybe it can even be used to repel campers, but it could add a new twist to the game.

Bloodshot said:
Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:
How about team turrets for CTF? It coult cost about 100 rings to build, 5 hits to destroy, and can be used to repel intruders.

The blue boxed area could be the sector that the turret can be built on. In the picture, the turret is blue and would shoot at red players.
If this is implemented, then make it so you can cap without the flag being at your base, because otherwise, we would have many stalemates, and in stalemates, everyone loses.
Imagine everyone just collecting rings, and then having an army of turrets. They would cover each other's blind spots.

I don't see how this can cause more stalemates. Like I said, in the picture, the turret is blue, so it would only shoot red players. Also, the turrets CAN be destroyed, it isn't very easy to build one, and they won't be too hard to avoid. Maybe it can even be used to repel campers, but it could add a new twist to the game.

Imagine a game whereveryone was just trying to gather 100 rings, and wasn't shooting at anyone or trying to get the flag, and then they all build turrets that cover each other's weak points.

Next they're going to suggest adding Team Detons, and we all know how bad that can get. What you're suggesting might sound good, but attraction shields can really make this cheap, plus turrets are just plain annoying. With attraction shields, too many turrets can be made, and that's where you get your stalemates.

Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:
Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:

Imagine everyone just collecting rings, and then having an army of turrets. They would cover each other's blind spots.

Imagine a game whereveryone was just trying to gather 100 rings, and wasn't shooting at anyone or trying to get the flag, and then they all build turrets that cover each other's weak points.

How abut only one turret at a time per team? As for the 100 rings part, maybe turret pieces could be gethered as a seperate item. 3 could be needed and they can be spawned arround the map and dropped when hurt. Just like the Chaos Emeralds. Also the turrets can only be built in the blue boxed area in the picture, meaning that there would be a new sector type allowing turrets to be built.

Bloodshot said:
Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:
Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:

How abut only one turret at a time per team? As for the 100 rings part, maybe turret pieces could be gethered as a seperate item. 3 could be needed and they can be spawned arround the map and dropped when hurt. Just like the Chaos Emeralds. Also the turrets can only be built in the blue boxed area in the picture, meaning that there would be a new sector type allowing turrets to be built.
Oh, I see what you mean now. If you could only build in a specific sector, that would be fine. However, 1 turret per team won't work, because then someone could build a turret in a stupid spot.

Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:
Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:
Kaysakado said:
Bloodshot said:

Oh, I see what you mean now. If you could only build in a specific sector, that would be fine. However, 1 turret per team won't work, because then someone could build a turret in a stupid spot.

Ok, how about 1 turret per turret sector, with 2 or 3 turret sectors per base? And also, what do you mean by a "stupid spot"? Like in a part of the sector that won't allow any shots to get through?

We're not going to add turrets, this isn't TF2 and you're not an engineer. The team rings are the solution to camping, and they're a lot more interesting than a turret.

Ok then. How about a count down on the hud for dropped flags in CTF? You would know if the flag was dropped and how much longer before it returns to the respective base. For example, the red flag was dropped. A count down would show up on the lower right corner of the screen (or where ever it could fit) saying:

RED FLAG
DROPPED

This would let players know the remaining time before a flag goes back to its base.

LittleBigPlanet Mode as a value in TypeOfLevel.

Each Star Post has a certain number of lives associated with it, specified by the flags value. Touching a Star Post, whether forwards or backwards in sequence of level progression, will change the spawn point to that Star Post and the lives counter to how many lives there are left with it.

The level will not reload at all and respawn exactly like co-op would in netgames, without the screen fading.

This wouldn't work well in Co-op, and would completely break Race, but the idea is meant for Single Player.

This will be really a good idea.

How sounds making a master server that redirects to the other master servers? Or the ability to choose more than one server in game?

And how sounds the forum and IRC in the previously posted idea of SRB2 Planet?

marcsancessoftware said:
How sounds making a master server that redirects to the other master servers? Or the ability to choose more than one server in game?

And the point in a master server that redirects would be...?

marcsancessoftware said:
And how sounds the forum and IRC in the previously posted idea of SRB2 Planet?

Well considering you didn't even describe was it was...

Cue said:
marcsancessoftware said:

And the point in a master server that redirects would be...?

Now there are LOTS of master servers running in the Net. So the Ultra Master Server will show results of ALL of the master Servers. Other idea is the ability to choose more than one Master Server.

Anti-Fly FOF's, invisible platforms which are intangible on top but cannot be flown through on the bottom, used for platforming that you don't want Tails to cheat at.

Bloodshot said:
Ok then. How about a count down on the hud for dropped flags in CTF? You would know if the flag was dropped and how much longer before it returns to the respective base. For example, the red flag was dropped. A count down would show up on the lower right corner of the screen (or where ever it could fit) saying:

RED FLAG
DROPPED

This would let players know the remaining time before a flag goes back to its base.

That's actually a very good idea. I've had only a few instances where I had to wait for my flag to automatically return to the base before I could capture the enemy's flag and score a point for the team, but it was a little frustrating because I had no idea when the flag would automatically return to base. Throw this into CTF, and it eliminates at least that much of the guesswork. I like it.

How about when on team match or CTF, when you throw a ring at one of your team mates, they get the ring added to their count instead of it being wasted away. It's like transfering rings from one player to another. It can also be a way to deal with attraction shields. If no rings are available, you can get some from your team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back