Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know about the other guys, but I'm using Anvil Studio.
Notation composer trial is also pretty good, but you need to know notes and musical placement. Just reinstall that one every 28 days, and it will never expire. Uh...If anyone wants my XG synth, pm me, I'll post a link.
I also suggest WinJammer...This is my opinion though.

Finale PrintMusic. It has odd limitations: if it's difficult to express in sheet music format, it doesn't support the feature, period. I have to use external programs for stuff like that.

The version I am using doesn't support crescendo and decrescendo when saving as MIDI, and the version I had that DID support it was extremely awkward to use... I would often end up having to make crescendos whose vertical width spans several staves on the sheet music just to go from piano to forte.

I tried composing midis once, but they're nothing compared to any of the compositions posted here. (I've always sucked at music, and never had the patience to completely learn how to use an instrument. :P) I haven't listened to all of them yet, but MI's original compositions are pretty good.

I plan on using these midis I wrote for a level pack, if I ever get around to learning how to make SRB2 maps, might as well post them here.
Celestial Hallway
Darkness

Here's some of my old music:
PacBlaztMenu
the menu music for an old game I once wanted to make... I phailed.
PS: this is the first music piece I ever made. it may therefore suck.

Hello people. Haven't done much here. First, I didn't like the Carnival Night zone MIDI. It never was a great tune. Sounds like the ghosts are early. Secondly, I'd like to announce the thingammy-bob which changes MIDI to Z80 and General MIDI into the sounds that the Yamaha YM2612 chip provides. That's me! Ok, this is how it works:
1. PM me with a MIDI file in a way I can download it. (Not a MP3!)
2. I download it and transfer note by note to screen. Note: I take 2-3 requests at a time.
3. I PM it back to you.
4. You DON'T release it saying you made it all/changed all the sounds yourself.

Now, details. Don't send me an MP3. As all of you should know MIDI is not about the sounds. An MP3 is a playback file. I can't separate an MP3.

Requests: I take 3 requests at a time. Don't think I whizz this stuff. I don't rush. Even better, I can't rush. I also rate these MIDIs. I'm not doing a tune which doesn't deserve to exist. No rubbish MIDIs.

Examples: These are for my game Armadillo Action. DON'T STEAL!

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyuzzceilmg

http://www.mediafire.com/?innuzmo30yy

Copyrights: When I give you the file please inform me where you release it. If you do not mention me I will tell the admins and play basketball with your head. ROUGHLY.

Small advice:
I'd NEVER ever use .wav for music files, way too huge!
Well, I guess you know what you're doing =)

Wavs are okay for small files such as sound effects, but to stick a whole song in it and upload it to the web is ridiculous because of filesize alone. Turn the wav into an mp3, or better yet, make it an ogg.

I forgot to mention the MIDI file must not exceed 6 Channels (including drum channel). Sorry about that. Limitations, Limitations.

Also the program won't let me save as any other playback file apart from WAV. I can convert it, but it doesn't matter. Anyone want to volunteer?

Blue Warrior said:
I created an original composition. It may or may not rock your socks, but let's assume it will.

Sail the Seven Sweets

You REALLY need to not have these large amounts of pauses. After the first huge pause, it's kinda just extra unneeded stuff. I think the slow introduction with the strings and sawtooth wave should probably be cut off, too. Otherwise, XG and OGGify it. And I prefer it when all the tracks are separated, so I can view it and play it back properly in PrintMusic!

As a reminder, the midi is meant for MSGS, so... y'know.
SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
You REALLY need to not have these large amounts of pauses. After the first huge pause, it's kinda just extra unneeded stuff.
I don't understand what you mean by "pause".
I think the slow introduction with the strings and sawtooth wave should probably be cut off, too.
Slow strings and synth brass 1, more accurately. I was hoping to see how I can improve it, but if it just doesn't work, I'll omit it.
Otherwise, XG and OGGify it.
I'll see to it.
And I prefer it when all the tracks are separated, so I can view it and play it back properly in PrintMusic!
Er, how do I do that again? >.o

Well, I usually would just open it in Anvil Studio to convert it from MIDI0 to MIDI1 (it asks you automatically), but since I am not computer administrator, I can't install it, and therefore, I can't view it. D:

After the main beatalicious song, there are like quadruple whole rests, and then slight extra passages. That's what I mean by "pause."

I don't know of any rests in the song, unless you mean parts where the song sort of repeats itself. I'm rather hesitant to modify/remove that, because the song was meant to built up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back