Another Mac won't launch SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a computer with Windows on it.

Haha ok, I know that isn't helping.

Maybe download of the file didn't finish? I think it's supposed to be about 67.4mb

Windows.

No offense to you personally, but Windows (aka Mac knock-off) offends me personally. And considering the ongoing convergence, the platform will soon be rendered obsolete.

Once again, thank you most kindly for your considerate follow up!

For the record, PMing SSNTails about help for this wouldn't do much for you, as he's the main programmer of the Windows incarnation, but isn't much involved with the ports on other OS's. You're better off trying to contact whoever's specifically behind this port.

Re: Windows.

tamiwhiteside said:
No offense to you personally, but Windows (aka Mac knock-off) offends me personally. And considering the ongoing convergence, the platform will soon be rendered obsolete.

Windows isn't a mac knock off and mac isn't a windows knock off there both for people who think it is easier for them so it is a 50/50 win win situation.

Re: Windows.

mikesword221 said:
tamiwhiteside said:

Windows isn't a mac knock off and mac isn't a windows knock off there both for people who think it is easier for them so it is a 50/50 win win situation.
Macs were made before Windows, therefore it is. Linux owns both, though.

Man, you guys are young!

Anyone ever heard of "Pirates of Silicon Valley"? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_Silicon_Valley)
If you were around in the early 80's and knew anything at all about computers, you knew Xerox' PARC. Yes, I was there. Xerox trained me on what was then called the "Star" workstation.

...which was undermarketed by Xerox and fortunately saved in concept by Steve Jobs and Apple.

...which was subsequently copied by Bill Gates in the initial (and relentlessly interminable) Windows release(s).

Ancient history, yes. Relevant any more? Only to those of us who root and support the underdogs in this world.

Anyway, being an Apple zealot, I'm cautious not to offend the PC users of the world. Fortunately for ALL of us, platforms are quickly becoming irrelevant.

Signed,
Your History Teacher

Actually Tami, if you get an Intel Mac (which is actually just a PC with a different operating system), SRB2 should run properly on it - or at least it will soon. Do we have an Intel Mac port yet? It should be easy to do and everything should work properly...

SRB2 *does* run very well on Linux. The problem with the MacOS is that it's proprietary, just like Windows, so it's hard to people to build projects for it - AND the documentation for making software isn't as good as Windows. So you end up with a) difficulty creating software, b) great expense creating software for the machine, since the machines cost twice as much, and c) small user base. So it's not any disgust for the Mac platform, it's just very hard to support such a costly platform with so few users.

That being said, if you want to see a good Mac port - buy Alam a Macintosh!

If you buy an intel mac now, I think they come with Leopard. Leopard has an application called bootcamp. That lets you run Windows and Mac on the exact same computer. (Oh, how I want Leopard...)
And I love macs way more than windows. If I get Leopard I'll make the Windows look , and function exactly the same as a mac, but sadly (Quoting Jhonen Vasquez) "Macs are for work, and Windows are for games."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back