• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Community Asset Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boinciel

ヒトデのパンと不思議なジャム
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
I am sick and tired of seeing the same things over and over in levels. Approximately one quarter of them could be classified as Greenflower Zone expansions. Therefore, I started this up.
The Sonic Robo Blast 2 Asset Package is a WAD file containing textures, flats, and Things donated by the community, for the community. We aren't doing this for credit, fame, or anything like that. We're doing this because we want more possibilities for the expansion of this game. Donate your graphics today, for a brighter future tomorrow. Please, don't send in graphics ripped directly from another game. Custom graphics based on other graphics are fine, but don't submit things you didn't create.
Any assistance will get your name on the Contributors list, but no more than that. You donate with the knowledge that people will be using your work without credit. Donate in the thread, or message me. (SRB2MB PM)

Beta 2
Sendspace
SRB2FFH

Updated SRB2 Doom Builder Config File
By Warpshade

List of Contributors
Blade T. Hedgehog
BZ4 (New Contributor)
Boinciel
Kaysakado
Neo (New Contributor)
Nev3r
Prime 2 (New Contributor)
Senku
Sykotic
Warpshade (New Submission)

Notices
-New SRB2 Doom Builder configuration file. Replace srb2ex.cfg with it and you'll get access to the custom Things available.
-This package is simply an expansion package for level designers. Don't misunderstand and ask where the levels/characters/replacements are. There aren't any.
-XWE is needed. Simply copy all the lumps you need into your WAD and your WAD will be able to run without this. Necessary lumps are ANIMATED, PNAMES, TEXTURE1, and MAINCFG. ANIMATED is only necessary if you use the CROLL flats, and MAINCFG is only needed if you want the custom Things.
-We are not asking for a "team" to make our modification for us. We are only asking for contributions from the community for their own sake.

I have a palm tree scenery object that uses thing 90. Interested? It's basically the ones in Mystic Realm that you see, both those replace the snow man. Furthermore, I've seen things 91 and 92 as freed, as I've used them for other things, but I do not know if they're practical. Rate these:

A Barrel that explodes when you touch it (Glitched, if you're invincible you'll be sprung about 128 units, and it explodes continuously sometimes. Still works though), uses thing 91.
A Boss Eggman that isn't overpowered. For now, it uses 90.

Sykotic said:
I have a palm tree scenery object that uses thing 90. Interested? It's basically the ones in Mystic Realm that you see, both those replace the snow man.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this earlier. No scenery or texture rips from other games, please. Only custom graphics.
On a happier note, Warpshade has donated some textures to the cause.

Crap, didn't see that. Just edited my post. But here:

Furthermore, I've seen things 91 and 92 as freed, as I've used them for other things, but I do not know if they're practical. Rate these:

A Barrel that explodes when you touch it (Glitched, if you're invincible you'll be sprung about 128 units, and it explodes continuously sometimes. Still works though), uses thing 91.
A Boss Eggman that isn't overpowered. For now, it uses 90

Sykotic said:
Crap, didn't see that. Just edited my post. But here:

Furthermore, I've seen things 91 and 92 as freed, as I've used them for other things, but I do not know if they're practical. Rate these:

A Boss Eggman that isn't overpowered. For now, it uses 90

Exploding barrel? I'm not sure that'd be such a good idea. You say it's glitchy, and there's no room for glitchy stuff here. Eggman, maybe. If new sprites are made, it might work out well.

Also, I know Kaysakado donated his avatar as a joke, but it did come out as a nice grass flat in the end. I'm surprised with the result.

Keep the donations coming, people. ;)

Yeah, good idea. Most of these are just recolors, edits, or Doom graphics. :/

As for me, I just think that the community can't put old things together in a new way. While sure, you can't use GFZROCK in all that different many places, you'd be surprised how flexible the DSZ set can be.

Well, my new Eggman sprites are really that well edited. I was actually gonna beef them up, but never got around to it. Never the less, you can download it here.

I haven't been around to keep this up for one reason: My internet died. The DSL modem's outward connection hookup cracked and fell inwards, so yeah. No progress. I snuck into the elementary school with a USB drive to get the stuff other people sent in, but only one person has sent textures in. It's sort of disappointing, to say the least.
@Kaysakado: I had a screenshot of the flat being used, but I neglected to put it on the external drive when I snuck into the school.
@Edge: There's no real deadline, I'm just putting in the stuff as I recieve it. And I haven't had internet for about three days, so I haven't recieved anything in a while. Just send in your stuff as soon as you make it, and further the cause. ;)

Edge: Oh yay more Chaos quotes

This project seems nice, but does all this stuff match SRB2's style?

Zanyhead said:
Before I download, did you put any of my awesome textures on there from my pack?
No, sorry. I need explicit permission before I put things in here. If I don't get permission, it's just like theft. People aren't going to get credit other than their names on the front page, and I know that some people aren't willing to go through that.

@Sykotic: Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier. That boss was kinda fun to fight, but I don't think the cheaply edited Eggmobile sprites are going to do much for first impressions. Do you mind if new sprites are made for it and the name is changed to Egg Falcon?

EDIT:
@Chaos: It depends a lot on the person who submits the item in question. Some people mimic the SRB2 style well, while others don't put out on the same level.

Ooh, this is a nice little addition to the textures we already have. So you're saying we can use this in any wad so long as we give credit for using it?

Ash said:
Ooh, this is a nice little addition to the textures we already have. So you're saying we can use this in any wad so long as we give credit for using it?
That's the thing. All you have to say is something like "The SRB2 Asset Pack was used in this WAD" at the bottom, and you're free to take what you like. Of course, linking to this topic wouldn't hurt either, as it would spread the usage out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back