How do you deal with N00bs on your servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see everyone complaining, but I see no one saying
what happens to n00bs when they come...
So me, I see a n00b, I'll switch to match so he
flames me for winning, then I ban him for
breaking my server rules.

EDIT: Its fun to toy with them to see the stupidity.
HEADLINE: MS N00Bs. See the stupidity...

I have it a rule to not be n00by; that way, I don't have to switch to match and get them to call me a retarded octopus.

autoexec.cfg said:
motd "Welcome to Mysticserv SRB2. No idling, spectating, excessive chatting, or anything other than playing the game allowed. Enjoy your stay!"
Anyone breaks that, instant ban. No questions asked. I don't see why I should have to give second chances on something as short-lived as an SRB2 server.

I deal with them for a ammount of time [depends on how n00by they are], then kick/ban them. Oh, and look out for the name changing n00b that now lurks the MS.

-SRB2 Guy

As much as I enjoy making the noobish masses angry, it has simply lost its luster. Too many noobs, not enough time.

The ban command is much more efficient.

Blade T. vampire said:
I see everyone complaining, but I see no one saying
what happens to n00bs when they come...
So me, I see a n00b, I'll switch to match so he
flames me for winning, then I ban him for
breaking my server rules.

EDIT: Its fun to toy with them to see the stupidity.
HEADLINE: MS N00Bs. See the stupidity...

That idea wouldn't work if I was hosting, I am crap at match. Simple ban = win.

People say they can report for kicking needlessly,
otherwise I would do just what you guys do.
If you only have 1 N00b though, it is kinda fun to annoy them
In my opinion.

Due to the 24/7 (lol haha, soon, very soon, server maintenance. >_<) nature of my server, I tend to stick to timed bans. And yeah, I don't use the login feature of SRB2, or plan to. I'm in the middle of coding a special PHP based control panel for administrators to allow for administration logging and timed bans, among other features.

Like I said, 24/7 (lol)

Blade T. vampire said:
People say they can report for kicking needlessly,
otherwise I would do just what you guys do.
If you only have 1 N00b though, it is kinda fun to annoy them
In my opinion.

Play the Strike game. 3 strikes, and they get kicked. Is what I do. Other times, I just ban em, because pausing is when they get REALLY pissed off.

Kaysakado said:
Umm... how would you make a PHP Page effect the server?

Code:
exec fileofcommandswrittenbyphp.txt
wait 2
exec thescriptrunningnow.txt

Basically, the PHP script writes the commands to the PHP file, waits 3 seconds then erases the data. Each admin has their own script file, to avoid problems.

So that's...

Code:
exec spazzocommands.txt
exec nagacommands.txt
exec cueballcommands.txt
exec admin4commands.txt

Unless I'm missing something that will cause it to run the same command more than once, which shouldn't be possible as that would require 4 seconds, but the script file is erased after 3, which is enough for SRB2 to read it, but not more than once.

Jazz said:
As much as I enjoy making the noobish masses angry, it has simply lost its luster. Too many noobs, not enough time.

The ban command is much more efficient.
I really agre with that but for me messing with n00bs is good fun at least for me that i*shot by a crowd of n00bs* *still alive*

With noobs, I just ban their ass. Or, I join their server and ban the host himself. So freaking fun. >'o'>

Chaos said:
With noobs, I just ban their ass. Or, I join their server and ban the host himself. So freaking fun. >'o'>
not giving them any freedom to play at all (like banning the host) isn't right, its okay to ban them from you're server but let them at least have a server. You don't have to join by list you know.Or use another exe, like shufflarb2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back