• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Green hill 1P wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask me, It would seem a lot more GHZ-ish if it had those wierd moving flowers in it.
And, It's really laggy around the beginning. :|

Take off every FreeWebs account. You don't know what you doing. Move file. For great justice.

...well, it's not that bad (drag link to Address bar), but really. FreeWebs sucks.

EDIT: ZenNode/ZDBSP those nodes, there are a few gaping holes in the BSP in OpenGL mode. Also, those big curves... can't you make it so you can walk up them? I know there was some OLD SRB2 map that lets you.

2/10 is my opinion.
The spikes were pointless, those were the first things I deleted when I opened the map in DB. 3304 spikes make it really laggy. I managed 0:31 whit Sonic, 0:19 whit Tails and 0:17 whit K.T.E.

This IS my first 1P map so that's why it's so bad.. Should I really take out the spikes? The real GHZ has a lot of spike pits, so I thought I should include some. Any suggestions for my level?

It`s just my personal opinion . :| For a first SP level it`s a good start.
I think you really should remove those spikes , they are very easy to get over.

Ok, removed the spikes...makes it a whole lot faster now..
And how would I make the curves so you could walk up them? I'd really like to know.

You have to give the sectors a certain hight. Take a look at Towers` Zone.

Don't forget those wierd moving flowers!
GHZ Has lots of wierd flowers! :mrgreen:
Must have flowers! *Stares at a spinning flower for several hours before falling unconcious*

As for the map, it's really short, and doesn't have a lot of variety, but it's a good first attempt.

Suggestions:
- Like the others, I'd suggest not using a spike pit of that size. If you're looking for putting spikes in, use smaller rows instead of large pits, as that doesn't drain the framerate as bad.
- The jumping section at the end lasts far too long without anything interesting. Might I suggest adding stuff to it so it isn't the same thing over and over again?
- Those stairs could seriously use to be possible to walk up. You can walk up stairs that are 24 fracunits or less. It also doesn't work quite right if they're too close to each other, but yours are plenty far enough apart.
- Above all, it's rather short and has no real variety. Might I suggest adding more area to the map?

shadowstar said:
What should I add to the jumping section? Enemies? More variety in the jumps?
Both. Pretty much all the player is doing the same thing over and over again, and that's boring and rather frustrating if the player screws up. Shorter, more complex sections are more fun, generally.

Lot better.
But, we've come to an error. We have a linedef on the spiraling steps at the end that (Apon looking at in WadAuthor) has both front and back sector variables set to the ground around the steps. Thus, it is trying to render an entirely wrong sector on both front, and back. This results in there being a hole that you can't see, and the floor texture 'stretching'. Dunno what I'm talking about? Go take a look.
Solution: Find this linedef, and change its front and back sector variables to what they're supposed to be set to.

Next time, test your levels before sending them out.

Other than than, lot better. :)

Hmm.. it's alright, a little basic. Should a SP stage really be so.. symmetrical? O_o

I've now played it.

This would be absolutely perfect for an AGZ-esque Match stage.
I didn't notice the fallin' thru the floor bug, but there are pits on those stairs that you can't get out of unless you're tails or knuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back