Srb2:Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it could work but there would have to be a way that players could use a weapon for shooting and one more for portals..... But that can wait we have to make something first... Wait why don't we just find the Doom command for it and copy it if I'm right that will work and we can start from there...

Yep. In fact, Eternity Doom, which is similar to SRB2 guts-wise (that's where polyobjects came from), has portals like how Sik described.

I used that as a bump, But still I did have a good reason for it. with some luck someone will be willing to say how to get the portal gun up and running but until then I'll tinker around with it.
Edit: I tried the link earlier and the gun doesn't work and the map they gave will not work ether..
Edit Edit: What is Eternity Doom? Wait Portals.... I'll try to cook something up with that...
Edit Edit Edit: well I found something in the source the Portal code, now what to do, what to do?.....

Too much posting from you >_>

By the way, warning: make sure you divide the walls into the sections you would want to have the portals in. Moreover, all linedefs should be the same length, otherwise portals are likely to render wrongly.

Thanks Sik, but so far I really haven't got anywhere mostly because I can't script...... I Was really mostly offering to map and show what a map might look like when it's done.....

So let me just figure this out...

You did all this just to figure out what the map should look like even with out the code.........

SpaceKGreen said:
Portal in Doom format?

Is SRB2 compatible with ZDoom stuff?

Because I found this...

Sure, it isn't truly like Portal, but it's pretty good as is.
But he's CutmanMike. He can make a triangle with two sticks because he's a god. =P
Nah, SRB2 isn't compatible with DECORATE.

Now I'm just pulling stuff out of my butt here, but if A_Teleport from Shufflarb2 can be used the way I think it can be used then sure, why not.

I mean, someone already made a jetpack out of the Auto Ring.

I'll Begin said:
I mean, someone already made a jetpack out of the Auto Ring.

Who ever did is a GOD

Portal does sound like a good idea, let me test my hand at soccing, see what I can do, I'm sure I can muster up something, I already have a plan in mind

I'll, Shuffle already used A_Transport to make a ring that teleports you where it hits the wall. Isn't that good enough?

A_RemoteAction coupled with A_CapeCase can create a seamless teleportation. But A_RemoteAction only exists in Shufflarb2, so you'd break Vanilla SRB2 compatibility.
In addition, you'd still need to adjust the player's angle based on the relative angle of the portals.

Yaknow, this sounds more and more possible as I explain why it's impossible. Eh, maybe we'll figure it out.

Yeah, better keep discussing. It wouldn't be the first time that whenever you try to prove something impossible you finish finding the way of actually making it. I've found the way to make most Mega Drive effects that way (I already know how to fake Final Fall background from Sonic XG, and that having only one scroll plane for it). Sometimes I found the way to make even better effects.

You could probably make a weapon ring that creates like a spawn point thing whenever it hits something. Although it'd probably be hard to make.

Thanks for the suport on this I would be trying to do my best part by working on the test map but I'm on my aunt's labtop and she doesn't want anything downloaded on it, but I'll be on my normal computer sometime in the morning....

I'm going to make A small Topic in the editing section for making maps for this so that we have enough to play when it is done and so there is a topic for
this. I'm sorry for posting after myself but sometimes It's proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back