• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Solar Vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap610

I've been wanting to make something like this for months, so I figured I'd might as well try. This project was actually started only a few days ago, so not much is done. Anyway, this will take place inside a cosmic research facility which was designed to replicate Earth's environments. It will have 7 maps; no acts, no zones. But to give a feeling of consistency, the next map begins where the last one ends.

Here's a screenshot from Botanical Research (Map01), it probably doesn't look too fun since it's the start but it's something. :P

srb20004.png

Last edited:
Well, this has my attention. If your grasp of level design is as good as your grasp of scenery and theme, it'll be a nice treat when it's done.

A level pack that has no acts and no zones? Reminds me of Metpack. Hope to see this having a release sometime soon.

Hey, a pack with a good concept that is not "I'm gonna make some levels". I'm intrigued, and I hope some interesting stuff will come out of this. I hope that the "research facility" idea will somehow manifest itself in gameplay.

Can you release version with less levels and then add other ones?
(hope you´ll understand my english is bad)

Yoshi's talking about a beta, of course. I would like that as well.
Every level will have emerald tokens and such though, right? (In the complete version)

I stand in awe of that screenshot, good sir. If it plays as well as it looks, that could be Hall of Fame material.

the next map begins where the last one ends.

Kind of like in Tomb Raider 1/Anniversary?

Judging by the screenshot it look's very original, I was getting tired of seeing maps with same textures over and over again anyway, I will be looking forward for this :)

Any demo/beta release date so far or not?

I hope that the "research facility" idea will somehow manifest itself in gameplay.

That's the whole point. :)

Regarding a beta; I really wasn't planning on it. But I will probably find beta testers rather than make them public. Unfortunately I wouldn't expect to see this any time soon due to classes starting as well as other project commitments. But I do plan on seeing this project to the end.

And thanks for the feedback everyone!

Last edited:
Ouch. This is what I WANTED Gravity Garden to be like! You are living out my dream right now Zap610. And I bet this doesn't lag, either!

Yeah, So I realize that srb2 level making is on a different scale now. How can I even try to compare to this when I make any levels?

I kinda had to double take when I saw that screenshot. Its really just...great looking. I mean I pay attention to details, but that! That is just awesome. This is something people can learn from. Your attention to detail is very finite, but not over bearing. Good job and I hope this gets finished.

Okay, I thought about it and I'll be releasing a one map demo so people can give it a try and I can find out what works/what doesn't. I can't give an estimated time for its release but obviously it shouldn't be too far ahead.

I'm curious, are you gonna include SOCs in it? Prehaps SOCs made by us fellow community members? Seriosuly, there's a bunch of stuff in Miscleanous none ever uses...

I'm curious, are you gonna include SOCs in it? Prehaps SOCs made by us fellow community members? Seriosuly, there's a bunch of stuff in Miscleanous none ever uses...

I don't know, maybe. I wasn't really planning on it but if there's something out there that would benefit this then I might.

Of course there are! You can use the Gargoyle Monitor in a place that makes the player think he needs a gargoyle, but he needs a hidden box. Or a gliding section using the glider, or maybe float orb...
Okay now I'm just "advertising" other people's work xP
You got my point anyway.

Interesting. I should probably come clean and admit that I don't know the first thing about SOCs, but Prime has been pointing me towards guides on IRC (and I'm taking a programming class so one way or another I'm going to be forced to use code) but I digress. The gliding thing does sound interesting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back