Your Console, and -why!-

Status
Not open for further replies.
:SonicMaster: said:
Chaos Knux said:
I obey the law, as all my emulator games are games I own physical copyies of, or owned physical copies of at time of download.

That's not what I see in Nintendo DS game manuals. =P

Correct
Even if you have a physical copy...and you use emulators..wait emulators are free but ISO's are illegal.And so are ROMS.

If everyone could you emulators PC wins hands down for the power to emulate every console.

I don't get why you would want to use an emulator if you have a real copy. Unless your system isn't working/not usable at the moment for some reason.

My Gamecube. As far as I can remember, probably because of Super Smash Bros Melee. And apart from it, there are plenty of other great games for the Gamecube.

Autosaver said:
The controls are very easy to manage....did you even try them out?

Yes, I have. I hated it. Fast-paced games like Left 4 Dead are very hard to control, even with the 180 button. I don't even want to talk about Portal.

Jellybones69 said:
I don't get why you would want to use an emulator if you have a real copy. Unless your system isn't working/not usable at the moment for some reason.
It's the only way I know to get a good quality video of gameplay, and it removes the problem of save batteries dieing (PKMN G/S/C). And my NES only works as often as the first shiny pokemon appears in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Ghost_Zero said:
Autosaver said:
The controls are very easy to manage....did you even try them out?

Yes, I have. I hated it. Fast-paced games like Left 4 Dead are very hard to control, even with the 180 button. I don't even want to talk about Portal.
Wait, what? While I admit that mice is somewhat better for pointing a gun in the correct direction, it is not insanely difficult at all for either portal or left 4 dead. In fact, I always preferred the console controls. They feel much more natural than the mouse and keyboard, particularly for moving around. By the sounds of it, you're just not used to console controls. Also, you mentioned as one of the reason you don't like home consoles was that you have to pay for the internet. this does not apply to either the ps3 or the wii, though the wii's internet service does admittedly suck.

I in general prefer my PC because of emulators and free games and such, but oftentimes the console games beat out the games for the computer. I like it how the Wii makes up for the computer problem by doing something original, but the majority of the good games for it are first party, thus it lacks a good amount of decent games. The xbox 360 has a great lineup of games, but the controller is akward and you have to pay a heck of a lot of money for live. I'm also sick of how xbox fanboys make up random crap about the other consoles, such as "the ps3 has no exclusives except MGS4, and that's coming out on the 360 on 3 discs." Yeah right, especoally considering it would require over 7 xbox discs to fit mgs4. The ps3 has plenty of exclusives, as well. Whenever a game comes out on all three consoles, it is usually the ps3 one which is the best. The Ps3 also had great backwards capability until recently (stupid sony stripped ps2 support in recent ps3s) The graphical capabilities of the ps3 are unmatched, as well. Personally, I prefer the ps3 followed closely by the wii and then the xbox(out of the home consoles, of course). All in all my computer wins.

If anybody read that wall of text I congratulate you for the patience to do so.

Its confirmed MGS4 is NOT coming to 360.

Anyways free internet service for PS3 and Wii.
If the game you have for online for brawl...its sucks unless your have friend codes.
Every other game rocks like metal of Honor,MK Wii,Pokemon,Internet channel,Animal crossing

PC. Why you ask? The internet is free as stated above, it can be modded without risk of being banned from the internet and it's easier to control.

Am I the only one wondering when the PC became a console?
One definition out of the squillions given said:
An electronic machine designed for a specific purpose such as playing games. Normally connected to a monitor or a television.
A PC is made for wide purpose use, and is not a console in the context of this discussion.

Autosaver said:
That's exactly what I said in my post. I'm assuming you were talking in response to me, otherwise you would just be saying it randomly and would be the equivalent of saying that halo 3 won't come out for the DS in a discussion about the pandora. Unless, of course, you are saying it absolutely randomly. Did your eyes just jump to "xbox 360" and "mgs4" or something?

PC. Way more powerful, and the customization options with games for it is awesome. I do use my Xbox 360, but only if I'm bored or there's a game I want to play with my friend when he comes over.

I know there are some people who will strongly disagree with me on all my points, but I must say what is on my mind.

I own a Wii, and I believe it is the superior system. I admit that the PS3 is almost as good, and in terms of graphics it's better, but the Wii's controls and line of games has the PS3 beat entirely. Most of this game generation's titles are darker and more violent for the PS3 and the XBOX 360, but the Wii has both violent and lighthearted titles, so you've got better options, too.

And, on the subject of the XBOX 360, Microsoft should just give up entirely. They may make the best computer operating systems (or so I believe, after having used Mac for a while--haven't tried Linux, though...) but how can they have deluded themselves that they can hold their own to Sony and Nintendo in the gaming industry? Frankly, I'd rather play with a burlap sack full of horse feces than an XBOX.

If you ask me, the Nintendo and Sony console wars seem to parody the Windows and Apple OS wars. Windows and Nintendo value function above all, and Apple and Sony value appearance above all. Look at apple...they spend most of their efforts on creating attractive-looking computers, iPods, and whatnot, giving everything amazing graphics, but failing to put that much effort into actually making good programs or ensuring compatibility with programs made by rival companies. Windows, on the other hand, doesn't do nearly as much to graphically or aesthetically enhance their products, but Windows programs have loads of features, and, in my opinion, are more user-friendly. I've used both Windows and Mac computers, and for me, Windows errors and problems are easier to trace to their source and corrected than Mac errors and problems. I'll admit that Mac users have far fewer viruses to watch out for, but that's why Windows puts so much energy into antivirus programs, spyware-finding software, and other security programs, and providing loads of updates for them as hackers become more advanced and clever.

To summarize all that, I think that the Wii is best, PS3 is a reasonably close second, and XBOX 360 is pathetic.

I know many of you will think I'm a lunatic for thinking these things, so I must request of you in advance: please, no flaming.

Orangelink said:
Autosaver said:
That's exactly what I said in my post. I'm assuming you were talking in response to me, otherwise you would just be saying it randomly and would be the equivalent of saying that halo 3 won't come out for the DS in a discussion about the pandora. Unless, of course, you are saying it absolutely randomly. Did your eyes just jump to "xbox 360" and "mgs4" or something?

I just looked at the part "MGS4 coming to 360 in 3 discs" and I thought you were posting a fact.

JetTheHawk,its not that website.It was an interview saying the massive sales lead for no need to put it on 360.

PC = everything and everything that I need (and emulation of older systems)

Wii = Innovative control scheme, actually easy to take to other people's places, and has games that I would actually play, unlike the FPS-ridden PS3 and 360.

Oh, and about this emulator propaganda:

NES = FCEUX (GNU General Public License | cross platform)
SNES = ZSNES (GNU General Public License | cross platform)
Sega Systems = Kega Fusion (Proprietary | Windows and Mac OS X)
Gens (GNU General Public License, cross-platform)
Sega Saturn = SSF (Proprietary | Windows and Wine)
PlayStation = pSX Emulator (Proprietary | Windows, Wine and Linux)
Nintendo 64 = Project64 (Proprietary (GNU General Public License for older versions) | Windows)
Mupen64Plus (GNU General Public License | cross-platform)
GameCube/Wii = Dolphin (GNU General Public License | Windows, Wine and Linux)
PlayStation 2 = PCSX2 (GNU General Public License | Windows, Wine and Linux)
Dreamcast/Naomi = nullDC (Proprietary | Windows and Wine)
Game Boy Systems = VisualBoyAdvance (GNU General Public License | cross-platform)
Nintendo DS = No$GBA (Proprietary, Windows and Wine)
iDeaS (Proprietary | Windows and Linux)
DeSmuME (GNU General Public License | cross-platform)

Whew, that took a while

PC because I can run everything on it and make it look over 9000 times better than on any console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back