My wonderous adventure with the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
Lots of stuff went on the past week, and I'm here to share that with all of you.

As few of you already know. I was in Utah for a whole week because of my grandpas death (From June 2nd to June 10th). Throughout the week I DID have internet until I went up to my cabin in upstate Utah, which was on June 6th.
I was without internet for 2 days and busy working on my EXEs mainly.

On June 8th I returned home to find that my internet was messed up.
How was it messed up you ask?
Well, It was messed up in a way that wouldn't let me connect to anything that used a TCP connection. The things that I couldn't connect to were Internet explorer, the Tortoise SVN client, the Srb2 Master server, Bomberman Online, and mIRC (and other IRC clients). On mIRC, the SVN and Bomberman Online, it said I couldn't connect because of a problem with creating Sockets.

• mIRC: * Unable to create Socket
  • SVN: (I don't remember what it Exactly said)
  • Bomberman Online: Socket() error;
That same night, I tried connecting to Teamspeak. Surprisingly it worked and I was asking to myself "Why?". At the time, I was using another computer, which is why some of you saw me on IRC Friday (June 8th) and half of Saturday (June 9th), It was a freaking Java client, a client of which I dislike to use. When I was on that horrid Java client, I was getting help on what to do from many people, Like LX, Velocity, Hikari, and others. After all of thier attemps to try and help me have failed and the Socket error was still poping up on mIRC, the SVN and Bomberman Online. Although, from what I can remember, I remember that Velocity said that I was able to connect to only UDP connections such as Teamspeak and Srb2 netgames (Not the master server), I knew something was wrong with my computer and not the router. That night I was waiting at the airport, like around 10:30 PM so I decide to hop on Teamspeak again to see if the people can try to help me. That night, I talked alot about my issue and I'm sure Spazzo, Sonict, Sokudo (AKA, Velocity), Hikari, or Starblazer might have logs.

The following day (June 10th, or rather, yesterday), I was home, safe and sound. Although that socket problem was still happening on my home connection. Later THAT night It occured to me that I could use Srb2 as a downloader and download a exe/program/object that could be imported in a wad. Penopat was lucky enough to have a WinSockFix EXE so he put that in a wad for me and I was able to download the EXE from a server that he hosted (and from joining using his IP).

Once I downloaded the wad I extracted the file and ran it, I was unsure of what to do so I clicked the button which said "Fix" and it automatically fixed my internet issue. Although I did get yelled at by my parents because it was 11:30 PM by the time it finished fixing it and it was around 8 PM when I started.

So everything is fixed with my internet and I am able to go on IRC again and use my internet. I would like to thank everyone that helped me fix my internet issue, mainly Penopat because he gave me a program to automatically fix the issue and I didn't know that program would be able fix the issue in the first place, Nor did I have the file in the first place.

As I said before, I don't have ANY logs of what happened but I'm sure other people like Hikari, Sonict, Velocity, Starblazer or Velocity might have some logs.

For any of you who care, this is the WinSockf.exe that Penopat gave me.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8wew1v

Last edited:
Yes, It's a very smart way of exchanging files. It's a smart way if you have a similar problem like I had.

I was lucky enough to have Teamspeak installed at the time.

Wow...using wads as a was to sneak files through srb2...

I used to exange normal wads with my sister...but putting other files into wads...thats AWSOME!

How did you do it? I'm still kinda foggy on how it was done

Segmint said:
Great job. Some of us just have to think outside of the box, you know?

I knew about this method for a while. I just reminded myself to apply that thought at the time.

Last edited:
Actually, I think some people in mIRC used to do it that way when they couldn't DCC send and nobody knew of places like sendspace and yousendit.

-SRB2MS- 127.0.0.1:5029 Name: CP_12yoG_4-15yoB_Amyamigurl Version: 1.09.4

Contacting Server...
Checking files...

Downloading 12yohotgirl.wad 6KB/15675KB

Downloading 6-15yoboyssex.wad 17KB/568915KB

Downloading amyamigurl.wad 12KB/9001KB

Player 29 has been kicked (Consistency Failure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back